WHO WAS THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS WRITTEN TOO ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen where many students of the bible says that the book of Revelations was written to the B O C !

#1 Is that true ?

#2 Does the word CHURCH , speaking about the B O C in the first 3 chapters of the book of the Revelation ?

#3 What say you ?

dan p

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
#2 Does the word CHURCH , speaking about the B O C in the first 3 chapters of the book of the Revelation ?
No ....The first chapter tells us who the church is and..... it is not the church of God. There are stark difference between the two.
The church of God epistles (Rom-Thess), has definite earmarks indicating that the termination of the administration (dispensation) of grace happens prior to the beginning of Revelation with the "Gathering together unto Him" (rapture)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No ....The first chapter tells us who the church is and..... it is not the church of God. There are stark difference between the two.
The church of God epistles (Rom-Thess), has definite earmarks indicating that the termination of the administration (dispensation) of grace happens prior to the beginning of Revelation with the "Gathering together unto Him" (rapture)
I believe that Christ is coming back for his Body as written in 2 Thess 2:1 ( the Greek word PAROUSIA ) and in GAL 1:4 the Greek word RESCUE / EXAIREO and 1 Thess 4:15 also has the Greek PAROUSIA for his COMING .

dan p

Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The church of God epistles (Rom-Thess), has definite earmarks indicating that the termination of the administration (dispensation) of grace happens prior to the beginning of Revelation with the "Gathering together unto Him" (rapture

Since you believe in the RAPTURE , an I have yet to see that Greek word and will give a verse where it is found , Please !!

dan p

Last edited:
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you believe in thr RAPTURE , an I have yet to see that Greek word and will give a verse where it is found , Please !!

dan p

That is why I put it in parentheses…. because it is most recognizable in relationship to the gathering together. It comes from the Latin translation rapturo which came from the Greek word harpazō from 1Th 4:17, which means to “catch away” or “snatch away” …why the Latin word became so popular in understanding I don’t know.
The first stage of Christ Parousia (rapture) is associated with a few different phrases in the Word.

The gathering together unto Him….The day of redemption …. The day of Christ …..The day of our Lord Jesus Christ….The departure…At His coming…..Received up to glory….and a few more

But the Word rapture is much more encompassing

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since you believe in thr RAPTURE , an I have yet to see that Greek word and will give a verse where it is found , Please !!

dan p
That is why I put it in parentheses…. because it is most recognizable in relationship to the gathering together. It comes from the Latin translation rapturo which came from the Greek word harpazō from 1Th 4:17, which means to “catch away” or “snatch away” …why the Latin word became so popular in understanding I don’t know.
The first stage of Christ Parousia (rapture) is associated with a few different phrases in the Word.

The gathering together unto Him….The day of redemption …. The day of Christ …..The day of our Lord Jesus Christ….The departure…At His coming…..Received up to glory….and a few more

But the Word rapture is much more encompassing
I have STRONGS and have VINE'S that have every Greek and Hebrew word found in the KJV .
Yes , in 1 Thess 4:17 the Greek word is HARPAZO and is translated , CAUGHT UP 4X , BY FORCE 3X , TO PLUCK 2 X , or to SNATCH AWAY .

I believe that the bible was written in Greek , and if that is true , RAPTURE is a MISNOMER , what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I have STRONGS and have VINE'S that have every Greek and Hebrew word found in the KJV .
Yes , in 1 Thess 4:17 the Greek word is HARPAZO and is translated , CAUGHT UP 4X , BY FORCE 3X , TO PLUCK 2 X , or to SNATCH AWAY .

I believe that the bible was written in Greek , and if that is true , RAPTURE is a MISNOMER , what say you ?

dan p

It was written in Greek then first translated into Latin by Jerome at the commissioning of Pope Damasus in 382 A.D.

So we have a word (rapture) that people pretty much understand when used to communicate. ...You could use the word harpazō pronounced har-pad'-zo if you want, they both communicate the same thing....just in different languages.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am looking at VINE'S Greek DICTIONARY and could not find where CHURCH is found .

But found the Greek EKKLESIA and is translated by two different words , ASSEMBLY or CONGREGATION , what say you ?

dan p

Upvote 0