✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Not literally looking for people to say "me" or "I am."

Here's the thing. We see all these polls where she is destroying him. But everywhere I go, I mostly only hear people supporting Trump. On Facebook it's all Trump. Any town I'm in I only see Trump signs, Trump bumper stickers, etc. I mostly only hear people calling Clinton a crooked witch. You would have no idea that Clinton is leading the polls. Where the bleep is all this supposed support?

Reactions: topcare

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Here's the thing. We see all these polls where she is destroying him. But everywhere I go, I mostly only hear people supporting Trump. On Facebook it's all Trump. Any town I'm in I only see Trump signs, Trump bumper stickers, etc. I mostly only hear people calling Clinton a crooked witch. You would have no idea that Clinton is leading the polls. Where the bleep is all this supposed support?
Maybe you only see Trump support because the people you tend to hang out with are Trump supporters? Make a few non Trump supporting FB friends and I'm sure you'll see plenty of support for Hillary.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, we do kind of self select our FB friends and real life friends too. I only know one person who might vote for Trump, he is very conservative but also is very helped by medical marijuana and Clinton is seen as the candidate most friendly to medical marijuana users.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Maybe you only see Trump support because the people you tend to hang out with are Trump supporters? Make a few non Trump supporting FB friends and I'm sure you'll see plenty of support for Hillary.
Did you miss the rest of the post? FB was one example.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Well, we do kind of self select our FB friends and real life friends too. I only know one person who might vote for Trump, he is very conservative but also is very helped by medical marijuana and Clinton is seen as the candidate most friendly to medical marijuana users.
That doesn't explain really only seeing Trump signs and stickers and hearing Trump support and Clinton bashing everywhere I go.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you miss the rest of the post? FB was one example.
Did you miss the rest of mine? It's called "selection bias". If you spend your time hanging around Trump supporters, don't be surprised to see Trump support. Go for a drive to your nearest majority democrat electorate and see if it's any different.

Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
That doesn't explain really only seeing Trump signs and stickers and hearing Trump support and Clinton bashing everywhere I go.
I've only seen one Trump sticker and never seen a Trump sign. I do think some parts of the country are more diverse politically than others. When I lived in West Texas, we had a George Bush childhood museum nearby, and I would expect that if I was there now if see more Trump signs.
Here, unions are important, and seen as a positive thing in the lives of the miners that make up a big part of the workforce, both currently and historically. So despite being a very Catholic area, and an area with a high concentration of gun owners, we tend liberal. Lots of Sanders stickers and signs still around, slowly being replaced by Clinton signs...maybe not as enthusically but the local Sanders supporters, including myself, are mostly in the Clinton camp. Little to no visible Trump support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here's the thing. We see all these polls where she is destroying him. But everywhere I go, I mostly only hear people supporting Trump. On Facebook it's all Trump. Any town I'm in I only see Trump signs, Trump bumper stickers, etc.
well, and i don't mean to get personal here but, where do you live and where are you travelling?

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The media trying to steer the "sheep". They want to influence what they lost

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most of the people in my state are supporting Trump, too, but there are lots of little oases of progressivism where I can go to renew my faith in the human race and refresh my soul.

Sometimes when you are surrounded by people who don't share your values you just need to take comfort where you can find it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
well, and i don't mean to get personal here but, where do you live and where are you travelling?
I live in central Illinois and mostly go from Bloomington to Kankakee to Joliet to Peoria. Also go to Indy to see my dad.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Who will vote for her?

People who are Pro-Abortion will vote for her because she's Pro-Abortion.

And low information voters will vote for her because the MSM told them to.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Who will vote for her?

the gay community and their supporters will also vote for her.
and people who have a need to themselves be popular, or be "on the winning side" will vote for her.
Those are the same people who will be swayed by the polls because they appear to predict a win for Hillary.
and having been swayed, they will in turn help to bring about that win that is not even yet a done deal.
The 'what's-in-it-for-me' generation will vote for her because she epitomizes the wealth and success that they want to have.

and so long as she keeps her mouth shut and let's the press do the PR work for her, no one will be any the wiser.

Last edited:
Reactions: hsilgne
Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Having done my share of campaign work, it's a long established truism that assuming the talk on the street is representative of what is going on is likely to fool you. Polls can also fool you. But when the all of the polls say one thing and your interaction with people around you says something different, be careful about assuming the polls are all wrong.
I know nobody was talking about polls here, I'm just suggesting they give a broader, more scientific sample than people you happen to run into.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. I live in VA and my buddy lives in MD and we were commenting the other day how we see no signs or bumper stickers at all this cycle. Some local candidate signs but not many of them. I don't hear any political talk and I'm on public transit for 5 hours a day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who will vote for her?

That's exactly right. In the meantime, she brings nothing new to the table.

She did say she supports raising the minimum wage, but that's not something done on a federal level -its a state by state issue. So she's just full of baloney is all.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's exactly right. In the meantime, she brings nothing new to the table.

She did say she supports raising the minimum wage, but that's not something done on a federal level -its a state by state issue. So she's just full of baloney is all.
Did you notice that wherever liberals have been in power the cost of living is sky-high?

Reactions: hsilgne
Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic

Not quite. The Fair Labor Standards Act sets the minimum wage. States and cities can go higher but not lower.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
the gay community and their supporters will also vote for her.
and people who have a need to themselves be popular, or be "on the winning side" will vote for her.
Those are the same people who will be swayed by the polls because they appear to predict a win for Hillary.
and having been swayed, they will in turn help to bring about that win that is not even yet a done deal.
The 'what's-in-it-for-me' generation will vote for her because she epitomizes the wealth and success that they want to have.

and so long as she keeps her mouth shut and let's the press do the PR work for her, no one will be any the wiser.

Also true, even though there's nothing left to accomplish for the gay community, and the 'what's in it for me' generation can only recieve their handouts on a State level, not from Hillary as a president.

...So her whole campaign is based on ideals, which she cannot accomplish. Her followers are being lied to.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you notice that wherever liberals have been in power the cost of living is sky-high?

It's true.
Not quite. The Fair Labor Standards Act sets the minimum wage. States and cities can go higher but not lower.

I'm curious now at what her "plan" is. If she has one.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.