✟83,723.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Deuteronomy 6:

4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD [YHWH] is one.
Acts 17:

22 So Paul, standing in the midst of the Areopagus, said: “Men of Athens, I perceive that in every way you are very religious. 23For as I passed along and observed the objects of your worship, I found also an altar with this inscription: ‘To the unknown god.’ What therefore you worship as unknown, this I proclaim to you. 24The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made by man.
Ex 20:

4 You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in the heavens above, on the earth below, or in the waters beneath. 5You shall not bow down to them or worship them
There is only one true God. He is the self-existing YHWH. He created everything. He is not to be represented by idols.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Deuteronomy 6:

Acts 17:

Ex 20:

There is only one true God. He is the self-existing YHWH. He created everything. He is not to be represented by idols.
The only definition of God that I see here is Deuteronomy 6:4; but what does one mean. When converting Hebrew to English, semantic Semitic assumptions need to be spelt out; one what; one sanctified from the rest. True and false require axioms, rules. The God of Israel is a living God who interacts with men, but still needs to be defined apart from Satan who also lives and interacts with men. Apart from Jehovah and Satan, all other gods are concoctions of men.

The blood pact or compact Jehovah made with Israel defines our God; the word covenant initiates from English witchcraft, found it's way into English law as a casual contract; there is nothing casual about the blood compact that Jehovah made with Israel that ultimately demanded that the Lamb of God's blood be shed. Most Christians abrogate the blood compact, thinking the blood of Christ has value without the pact; so what does thier definition of God look like?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing. See How to pronounce YHWH and follow up there.

The pronunciation does not seem to be important; what YHWH means is important, and vowels would or could change the meaning. The fact that Jews do not pronounce or speak the word is a curiosity; I have noticed that Jews spell God G-d. There appears to be many Jewish practices that are not Biblical.

It appears the reason for not using God's Name is out of fear of using the lord's name in vain, and breaking the commandment, (not a problem for Christians).

Why Don’t Jews Say G d’s Name? - On the use of the word “Hashem” - Chabad.org

The Masoretic text used for the KJ Bible came into existence in around 700 AD. The information that I received years back, when I researched this was that prior to this text the entire OT was vowel less, not just one word.

Jewish names are descriptions more so than handles; the same God is described elsewhere as the Word or spokesman for God also God with us and Faithful and true.

• Informative
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0