Visit site
✟24,981.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Okay, here is a study I did to present to new believers

A Quick Look At The Holy Spirit

Joh 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit is our helper

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

The Holy Spirit leads us into understanding more of the things of God.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit helps us to pray and indeed He intercedes for us.

Joh 1:33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, "Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'

Jesus is the baptizer with the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

We can be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

The Holy Spirit is our empowerer

Act 8:17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Someone can lay hands on you for you to receive the power of the Spirit

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Jesus Himself laid aside the full power of His deity when He became the God Man and was anointed by the Holy Spirit prior to His Earthly Ministry

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.

The Holy Spirit can fall upon men

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

When the Spirit came upon men and women in the book of Acts in most cases we are told they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

Rom 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Rom 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We as believers are part of the Kingdom of God, this world is not our home. The Holy Spirit helps us to live righteous lives. He gives us hope, peace and joy.

1Co 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The Holy Spirit gives us Godly Wisdom, He teaches us as we read the Word.

1Co 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

All who have the Holy Spirit indwelling them (all Christians) are no longer their own person, to do what they will but they are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

No- one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of promise. He has sealed believers.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

We as believers are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

The Holy Spirit keeps us.

Tit 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

The Holy Spirit regenerates and renews us, He sanctifies us.

Heb 2:4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

The Holy Spirit gives gifts, signs wonders and miracles follow.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Godhead.

Jud 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

We are to pray in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit builds us up as we do so.

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Spell this out in capital letters: THE Holy Spirit IS A PERSON. He is not enthusiasm. He is not courage. He is not energy. He is not the personification of all good qualities, like Jack Frost is the personification of cold weather. Actually, the Holy Spirit is not the personification of anything...... He has individuality. He is one being and not another. He has will and intelligence. He has hearing. He has knowledge and sympathy and ability to love and see and think. He can hear, speak, desire, grieve and rejoice. He is God. A. W. Tozer

Upvote 0

cyberlizard

the electric lizard returns
Jul 5, 2007
chesterfield, UK
Visit site
✟25,065.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
There he (Paul) found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit
whenb you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

this is a bizarre verse as the old testament gives examples of people who were filled with the Spirit.

but what do we make of it... later they recieved immersion into the Spirit but why had they never heard of the Holy Spirit.

Steve

Upvote 0

ardeur

Veteran
May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There he (Paul) found some disciples and asked them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit
whenb you believed?” They answered, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit

this is a bizarre verse as the old testament gives examples of people who were filled with the Spirit.

but what do we make of it... later they recieved immersion into the Spirit but why had they never heard of the Holy Spirit.

Steve

I believe there is a differnece between receiving the Holy Spirit when we accept Christ, and being baptised or filled with the Holy Spirit as a very separate occurance.

Upvote 0

ardeur

Veteran
May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, here is a study I did to present to new believers

A Quick Look At The Holy Spirit

Joh 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

The Holy Spirit is our helper

Joh 16:13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of truth

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.

The Holy Spirit leads us into understanding more of the things of God.

Rom 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Rom 8:27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

The Holy Spirit helps us to pray and indeed He intercedes for us.

Joh 1:33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, "Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'

Jesus is the baptizer with the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:5 for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."

We can be baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Act 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

The Holy Spirit is our empowerer

Act 8:17 Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Someone can lay hands on you for you to receive the power of the Spirit

Act 10:38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

Jesus Himself laid aside the full power of His deity when He became the God Man and was anointed by the Holy Spirit prior to His Earthly Ministry

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell upon them, as upon us at the beginning.

The Holy Spirit can fall upon men

Act 19:6 And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

When the Spirit came upon men and women in the book of Acts in most cases we are told they spoke with tongues and prophesied.

Rom 14:17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

Rom 15:13 Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

We as believers are part of the Kingdom of God, this world is not our home. The Holy Spirit helps us to live righteous lives. He gives us hope, peace and joy.

1Co 2:13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

The Holy Spirit gives us Godly Wisdom, He teaches us as we read the Word.

1Co 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

All who have the Holy Spirit indwelling them (all Christians) are no longer their own person, to do what they will but they are the temple of the Holy Spirit.

1Co 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

No- one can say Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of promise. He has sealed believers.

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

We as believers are not to grieve the Holy Spirit.

2Ti 1:14 That good thing which was committed to you, keep by the Holy Spirit who dwells in us.

The Holy Spirit keeps us.

Tit 3:5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,

The Holy Spirit regenerates and renews us, He sanctifies us.

Heb 2:4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

The Holy Spirit gives gifts, signs wonders and miracles follow.

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Godhead.

Jud 1:20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

We are to pray in the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit builds us up as we do so.

Very helpful and informative. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ardeur

Veteran
May 1, 2004
✟10,787.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are so many Christians against the idea of being baptised in the Holy Spirit and speaking in tongues, prophesying, seeing and operating in the Spirit, etc? There is SOOOOO much evidence of all those things in the scriptures. Jesus' ministry is stock full of it.

I have a lot of trouble understanding how and why many Christians don't believe in it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Elijah, I don't know. :idea:

And do not be unwise, but be filled with the Spirit, the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding, understanding what the will of the Lord is, that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them and increasing in the knowledge of God.

His Counsellor!:blush:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jdorsey

Defender of Fun!
Sep 25, 2008
Maryland
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been listening to a great series found here: http://www.rcclife.com/synergy/current

Four messages in the series so far. A lot of information and scriptures to back it all up. Very informative and very interesting.

Reactions: Jpark
Upvote 0

Desperaux

Dec 30, 2008
Mouse Palace, Mousetown
✟1,283.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The spirit of God comes and dwells within every believer at salvation in Jesus Christ--in measure. When the believer receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit--it is to overflowing! It is the empowerment gift, whereby the believer receives spiritual gifts and power to live his life in obedience to the plan of God.

If one doesn't know Jesus Christ, He does not have the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.