Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Under inspiration of the Holy Spirit, the Apostle Paul wrote this to the Thessalonians about the man of lawlessness:

Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.—2 Thess 2:2.

Re-read the above slowly to see if it applies to the current events in the Catholic Church.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I ask the question why God allowed or created sin to begin with.
He is perfection.
Anything that freely opposes Him, to love Him, then becomes aggitated in His very Presence.

He gave us laws to follow if we want eternal joy.
He showed us how to come home to Heaven. The list of 'sins' are that which we 'choose' because we hate Him, ignore Him, and want to oppose Him.

SO sin is NOT created at His hands, but it is created opposing or wanting His Perfection and mars our beings.

We judge ourselves in HIS BEING, HIS ESSENCE.

Someone said it is like... although you are burning you cannot draw closer to the Lord because the fire is intensified where one must repel itself from His perfection.

Our free choices remove us from Him because it is much more painful as our free will we take on wretched and horrid conditions we are warned to avoid.
In the end we have to be filled with hating to merit hell because our souls seek refuge in the agony because it cannot stand near His absolute love.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I am still wondering who the 'man' is or is it mankind itself?

Sins racked on top of sins on top of sins.
The last days few will be saved.

St John said even in his time there were many antichrists.

You have the obvious players.
Religions opposing Christians.
Governments opposing Christians.
Occultists new age opposing Christians.
Woke and gays opposing Christians.
Secularists opposing Christians.
Narcissism [self absorbed abusers] opposing the tenets.

This list is long and many are following the many oppositions of Christianity.

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Go
He is perfection.
Anything that freely opposes Him, to love Him, then becomes aggitated in His very Presence.

He gave us laws to follow if we want eternal joy.
He showed us how to come home to Heaven. The list of 'sins' are that which we 'choose' because we hate Him, ignore Him, and want to oppose Him.

SO sin is NOT created at His hands, but it is created opposing or wanting His Perfection and mars our beings.

We judge ourselves in HIS BEING, HIS ESSENCE.

Someone said it is like... although you are burning you cannot draw closer to the Lord because the fire is intensified where one must repel itself from His perfection.

Our free choices remove us from Him because it is much more painful as our free will we take on wretched and horrid conditions we are warned to avoid.
In the end we have to be filled with hating to merit hell because our souls seek refuge in the agony because it cannot stand near His absolute love.
God created everything, including evil and sin.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Go

He did not create it, humanity choose it.

He came to die for us so we could remit the sins unto His Cross.

Your mother gave birth to you, but hating her despite her loving you is your choice.
And evil choose to hate the Lord... and deceive humanity.

Why?
Because we are not treated as puppets. We have the choices to return that love and receive Oh so much more, or to run from it and carry hate within.

Sin is the actions that defy love.

Only the enemy who hates humanity would twist it all in some 'logical' way. Instead of running to the Lord to avoid such a test, you're in tune with the same stuff Adam and Eve had.

But the choice is yours.
Jesus Who is the Actual Father [See Isaiah] came in the form of humanity to gather them back up and bring them home.
To teach what we DO can cause us to run from eternal joy.

AND as a for instance, if we pray for lost souls, they are inflicted with great fear, agony and pain because they cannot use the prayers. It makes them hate all the more the despair of their own choices.
They cannot receive our love and they hate anyone offering it.

I could write a book etc

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Go

Umm … no.

Evil is a privation. Not something created specifically by God but a lack of goodness. It is still serious stuff but God did not create evil and say it was good. Everything He DID create was and is good.

That is Catholic teaching, but you maybe were unaware of it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
God had to created sin for us to choose it. Also, Romans tells us God consigned humanity to disobedeance so he can have mercy on all.
God gave us the ability to choose the good, the true, and the beautiful. We chose otherwise. It is not God that created evil but we that refused the good and true and beautiful in favor of something less. God gave us up to our desires.

Reactions: StuartB
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
God had to created sin for us to choose it. Also, Romans tells us God consigned humanity to disobedeance so he can have mercy on all.
The Lord cannot create that which is outside of Himself.

Your logic is either from a diabolical teacher, as they teach people to oppose right logic, or you are naive.
In fact anything spirit is too difficult to explain.

Humans and angels are not perfection, so mindful we must be we are not God and never think we could be...
For nobody knows the mind of the Lord.

HE is A PURE ESSENCE of LOVE.
There is nothing in Him that is opposing Himself such as sin.

THAT said: anyone who comes near Him carrying in them that which opposes His Essence runs far and fast because nothing can withstand His Perfection. It's pure agony to be near Perfection.

He cannot be unfaithful to Himself.

I'm sorry for your ignorance on the Essence of the Lord and He understands how we cannot possibly understand Him.
So it would behoove you to pray for grace which is the Holy Spirit Who can teach you rather than try to meander the Essence and mind of the Almighty by yourself outside of grace and a place to test your fruits. [The Catholic Church]

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Lord cannot create that which is outside of Himself.

Your logic is either from a diabolical teacher, as they teach people to oppose right logic, or you are naive.
In fact anything spirit is too difficult to explain.

Humans and angels are not perfection, so mindful we must be we are not God and never think we could be...
For nobody knows the mind of the Lord.

HE is A PURE ESSENCE of LOVE.
There is nothing in Him that is opposing Himself such as sin.

THAT said: anyone who comes near Him carrying in them that which opposes His Essence runs far and fast because nothing can withstand His Perfection. It's pure agony to be near Perfection.

He cannot be unfaithful to Himself.

I'm sorry for your ignorance on the Essence of the Lord and He understands how we cannot possibly understand Him.
So it would behoove you to pray for grace which is the Holy Spirit Who can teach you rather than try to meander the Essence and mind of the Almighty by yourself outside of grace and a place to test your fruits. [The Catholic Church]
I find you calling me ignorant rather rich since you seem to be caught hook, line and sinker in traditional churchianity. Try some critical thinking and not what a denomination, doctrine, or church leader tells you. God ain't a Christian or religious at all.

Upvote 0

StuartB

Sep 7, 2023
Scotland
✟16,271.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God gave us the ability to choose the good, the true, and the beautiful. We chose otherwise. It is not God that created evil but we that refused the good and true and beautiful in favor of something less. God gave us up to our desires.
Finally! Someone who can see that God set humanity up to sin, or allowed it to happen. The way the religions teach it make God out to be dumb and powerless.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find you calling me ignorant rather rich since you seem to be caught hook, line and sinker in traditional churchianity. Try some critical thinking and not what a denomination, doctrine, or church leader tells you. God ain't a Christian or religious at all.
Stuart- if you are not Catholic you are not allowed to debate in this forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Finally! Someone who can see that God set humanity up to sin, or allowed it to happen. The way the religions teach it make God out to be dumb and powerless.
No! God is good and we are free to follow or not follow the good. God did not choose evil or sin for us. Nor are those created entities, but a deprivation of good. This there is not, and cannot be ‘pure evil’.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Again, it is NOT powerless to be 100% Good and 100% free of evil.

Admit you just don't understand. And because of ignorance of spirit, something humans weren't privy to in entirety, which was a mercy because then like fallen angels we could not be saved.

Free will has disadvantages.
BUT it is unconditional love to be given free will or we are not loved, but puppets for entertainment.

Upvote 0