catofhope

Cathy loves her husband Randy
Dec 19, 2006
✟29,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So who did you all pick as your maid/matron of honor and best man?

Was it a family member or a friend?

I plan to ask Sherry, my cousin's wife, who is also a good friend to me.
She is going to be upset she did not answer her phone today. :p
I wanted her to be the second to know about the engagement.

Sherry is married so will be my matron of honor.
She has been married to my cousin for 20 plus years.
But it was just recently that we became good friends.

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
Andrew's friend will be the Best Man and I've never met him because he is living in Alberta working at the moment. I've asked my friend Katrina to be the Maid of Honor, and I've known her since elementary school. We haven't had a chance to meet with my church's Sr. Pastor yet and my mom's not supportive so I haven't had a chance to do any planning.

Upvote 0

klynnmiller

Cry out to Jesus!
Nov 17, 2006
Indiana
✟10,602.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My best friend of 20 years is my matron of honor. Our two daughters are my bridesmaids.

My fiance's best friend of 8-9 years is his best man and our two sons are his groomsmen.

We both have brothers and sisters that we're close to, but we wanted our best friends to be right beside us and our kids of course. I don't think that we would have even had our best friends standing for us if you didn't need witnesses over the age of 18! LOL! We just wanted it to symbolize two different families coming together as one.

Upvote 0

ladyinwaiting16

The wife of a warrior!!
Oct 30, 2007
Pa
✟16,089.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
my sister and my cousin are going to be my maid of honors. Then my roommate Sarah, my friends nichole and hopefully Linda, his niece courtney, and amy and jess. His other 2 nieces Ashtin and Jasmine are going to be Guestbook and Gift Attendant. My cousins oldest daughter Alonna is going to be my flowergirl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aibrean

Honest. Maybe too Honest.
Mar 18, 2007
Xenia, Ohio
Visit site
✟23,379.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's just going to be me and the groom (and the pastor of course). We are going to have what would be the wedding party sit in the front pew on either side. We don't want anyone to be singled out and don't wnat them to be uncomfortable standing up there (one is very self-conscious).

It's about us and God, not them anyway :)

Upvote 0

Missy Baby

God's lil princess
Jun 4, 2004
Melbourne
✟8,683.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My best friend from school was my MOH. Along with my other 4 close girlfriends who were my bridesmaids. They all travelled over 1000kms to the wedding with me.... (I moved interstate after Andrew proposed)

I have attached pics

First 2 pics of all bridesmaids and last pic is of me and Josephine my MOH

Attachments

• Bridal Party.jpg
    Bridal Party.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 90
  • bridal party2.jpg
    bridal party2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 103
  • wedding10.jpg
    wedding10.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

miss_klara

Old Married Woman
Apr 28, 2005
Perth
Visit site
✟2,751.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My best friend Kat will be my maid of honour, and another really good friend Hatti, along with my two sisters Hannah & Stephanie, will be my bridesmaids.
I've known Kat since I was quite young and we've been best friends for a few years now. Hatti I've only known for the last 5 years or so, but y'know when you have friends who just click into place almost straight away? That's Hatti :)
When I was in high school I always thought I'd pick my 2 best friends from that time... but I hardly ever see them these days, I've come to realise that it takes more than just seeing someone regularly to build a real-life best-friendship :)

Upvote 0

Missy Baby

God's lil princess
Jun 4, 2004
Melbourne
✟8,683.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have trouble in this area.

I have no girlfriends. Only guy friends.

My fiance however has a best man and at least four groomsmen picked out. But without girlfriends, things can't even out!
You will work something out... And it doesn't just have to be your friends but can also include sisters, cousins and your fiance's female family members as well.

Upvote 0

Teufelhund

Senior Veteran
Jul 29, 2007
Camp Pendleton, Ca
✟18,575.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well given the distance from any of my friends it will probably be my brother who's my best man, I don't really think I'd be able to find four groomsmen, I might be able to have a couple flowergirls though, as some of my really young cousins are coming. And I believe my fiancee's maid of honor is her sister.

Upvote 0

HisLittleHazelnut

Coming soon with new account... find me if you can
Mar 21, 2006
Searcy, AR
✟26,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You will work something out... And it doesn't just have to be your friends but can also include sisters, cousins and your fiance's female family members as well.
I have no sisters and my family is boycotting my wedding simply because we're not waiting until all of our student loans are paid off. We have $40,000 so that's ridiculous... I'd be 38 by the time we could get married.

I barely know my fiance's sisters, and they did not seem to care for me because they don't care for their little brother, and I am too much like him for their liking.

Upvote 0