Who Here Believes Born Again Christians...

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Jesus is the way the truth and the life and in this case, the vine.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
Every stim branching from the vine that doesn't bear fruit is not truly of the vine and will be cut off. Every branch that does bear fruit he will prune and bless amd by his grace will grow in fruits of the spirit.

3 Already ye are clean because of the word which I have spoken unto you.
They are already saved, they only await the bearing of fruits.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
It is the spirit by which we bear fruit, not of ourselves. This is why we do not boast of works.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
Without the Lord in our lives there is no fruit.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you do not recieve the Lord as savior you are cast out and judged.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Your prayers are heard and answered according to his will.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and [so] shall ye be my disciples.

9 Even as the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
These are NOT the ordinances of the Mosiac Law but the commandments given by the Lord Jesus. Primarily this being accepting him as Lord and Savior, forgiving others, Adhering to the things of the spirit rather than the flesh.

Bless you my friend but you’ve made a few errors.

he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.
Every stim branching from the vine that doesn't bear fruit is not truly of the vine and will be cut off. Every branch that does bear fruit he will prune and bless amd by his grace will grow in fruits of the spirit.

There are two indications that these branches are of the vine. Jesus specifically said they are “in Me” (in Christ) the second indication is that they cannot be cut off or removed from the vine unless they are already attached to it.

The word pruned or cleansed does not mean saved. Salvation is not mentioned in this illustration. This refers to sanctification, the cleansing of their sinful and disobedient nature.

The Spirit guides us and enables us to do what pleases God. It urges us to do what pleases God it does not cause us to what pleases God otherwise there would be no need for Jesus to tell them to abide (remain) in Him.

The word abide does not mean to receive it means to remain. A person cannot remain in Christ if they are not already in Christ as He stated in verse 2.

If you remain in Him God will answer your prayers. The blessings are contingent on remaining in Christ my friend.

Reactions: cuplet
Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, if you do something, it's not a work.

Do I understand you properly?

Jesus said to "Ask and it shall be given you." Are you saying that I did NOT receive the Holy Spirit by asking? Is obeying Jesus' commands seeking my own self-righteousness by works, or is it faith and obedience in Jesus Christ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bro. Otto

Mar 31, 2019
Northeast Pennsylvania
✟9,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bless you my friend but you’ve made a few errors.

There are two indications that these branches are of the vine. Jesus specifically said they are “in Me” (in Christ) the second indication is that they cannot be cut off or removed from the vine unless they are already attached to it.

The word pruned or cleansed does not mean saved. Salvation is not mentioned in this illustration. This refers to sanctification, the cleansing of their sinful and disobedient nature.

The Spirit guides us and enables us to do what pleases God. It urges us to do what pleases God it does not cause us to what pleases God otherwise there would be no need for Jesus to tell them to abide (remain) in Him.

The word abide does not mean to receive it means to remain. A person cannot remain in Christ if they are not already in Christ as He stated in verse 2.

If you remain in Him God will answer your prayers. The blessings are contingent on remaining in Christ my friend.

Hmm, the original post was,
"What is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?"
And I posted my interpretation.
If it disagrees in some manner with yours well.....

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hmm, the original post was,
"What is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?"
And I posted my interpretation.
If it disagrees in some manner with yours well.....

Just trying to help friend. God bless

Upvote 0

Bro. Otto

Mar 31, 2019
Northeast Pennsylvania
✟9,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is your interpretation of John 15:1-10?
My apologies BRN, I thought your question was the theme of a thread. I didn't notice you were replying to another member. Still kinda new at this forum stuff.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟891,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My apologies BRN, I thought your question was the theme of a thread. I didn't notice you were replying to another member. Still kinda new at this forum stuff.

No offense taken bro :)

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
are going to hell by not following certain verses in the bible? I have seen more than twice here, people say that eternal damnation is someone's lot if...

And that is despite that person being born again.

Once you accept Christ into your heart and life, you are saved. God does not take that back. All of Romans practically is God backing up that promise.

I'm gobsmacked by the Christians here who think if you don't follow the entire Bible to the letter God will revoke that promise and send you to hell.

Who here believes that?

Kenyon, FYI God never backs up on His Promises of Salvation to anyone! However, it is you, me, and the china man sipping on His tea, we are the ones that may back up on the Lord's promise of our salvation.

Therefore (Once saved always saved) is not truth but a lie of the evil one.

Kenyon, it seems like you want to pick and choose from Scripture on how YOU want to be saved by the Lord, that is not how God wants us to be saved, we must follow Scripture 100%.

When you do your work does your boss want you to only give 50% or 100%? 100% is the correct answer 50% or less You just may get burned/FIREd. (IT ONLY COMMON SENSE) and who gave us common sense? God!

Kenyon, you asked a question: "Who here believes that"? I Do, for if it were not so, it won't be in Scripture, see commomn sense is kicking in again. lol

It seems everyone wants the lAzY/Lukewarm way into Heaven and one can be by picking and choosing Scripture, what does Jesus Christ say about being lazy or lukewarm? Revelations 3:16

Rev 3: 16But because thou art lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth.

Kenyon, be honest with yourself, which Scriptures that are in the Bible that you do not want to follow and could the main reason be by choosing those Scriptures that you do not choose to follow may make you feel/be CATHOLIC?

Pan De Vida

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jesus said to "Ask and it shall be given you." Are you saying that I did NOT receive the Holy Spirit by asking? Is obeying Jesus' commands seeking my own self-righteousness by works, or is it faith and obedience in Jesus Christ?
I'm saying that the very act of asking or saving faith is actually a work.

There may be no externalizations of either, but God is not fooled by externals, or lack thereof.

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Maybe he's just having a bad day - who knows. The wise thing to do would be to just move along.
Amen. Empathy is a very important quality, and even if we disagree sometimes, we can still show understanding with each other, and compassion. That's part of following Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Ttalkkugjil
Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
NOWHERE does the Bible tell us to "accept Jesus into our hearts," much less in John 3.
We are instructed that once we are Born Again, we are to Repent, and indeed Accept Lord Jesus into our hearts, and furthermore, development a petspers relationship with Him. We scknoacknow Him as Saviour, Redeemer, Lord and God. We ask the Holy Spirit to indwell us as " new creatures in Christ'Jesus.".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We are instructed that once we are Born Again, we are to Repent, and indeed Accept Lord Jesus into our hearts, and furthermore, development a petspers relationship with Him. We scknoacknow Him as Saviour, Redeemer, Lord and God. We ask the Holy Spirit to indwell us as " new creatures in Christ'Jesus.".
Please give book, chapter, and verse that says we are to "Accept Lord Jesus into our hearts."

What do "petspers and "scknoacknow" mean?

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
John 3 King James Version (KJV)
3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

A figure of speech is a departure from normal discourse for the purpose of emphasizing something. There are about 900 kinds of figures in the bible, and dozens of variations of some kinds. An idiom is a word or phrase that has a special meaning in a certain culture. "Born again" was an idiom unique to Nazareth. It meant to become childlike. Nicodemus was not from Nazareth so he had no clue that it had other than a literal meaning.

You might like to obtain "Figures Of sPeech In The Bible" by E. W. Bullinger. You can get a hard copy at any bookstore and free copies are available on line in various formats. Mr. Bullinger was an Anglican minister about a century ago.[/QUOTEI think that Jesus explained very well what he meant. Some churches say "Born if the Spirit" but they mean

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sorry ,major typos. The computer must have judt "decided" . ( LOL". )!I wanted to just say that once we are Born Again, we develop a personal relationship with Christ, as we acknowledge Him as Saviour Redeemer, Lord, and God. I think that works ! Sorry about the typos. I hit the post before I caught those . Thanks very much !!

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
UOTE]
I was also baptized as an infant. However, that does not make me Born Again. I realize that some churches teach that baptism equals ,Born Again. It doesn't cover the problem. I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, Lord , and my God at the age of 35. I thanked him for what He did for me (and Humanity on the Cross. I committed my life to Christ, asked His Forgiveness, and Repent of my Sin. I asked Him to come into my heart, live in me, and I live for Him. And I sincerely meant it. That's Born Again. I then got baptized , by immersion, with full understanding.

Just the fact of bring baptized, in and of itself, doesn't make you Born Again. It's more than that. Then I began to develop a personal relationship with Christ.
I only say that, because some people,and churches teach that baptism as a baby means you're Born Again. Of itself, that's not enough. This is in reply to the person who said they were baptized, and then said "your point."? The issue is that just being baptized, doesn't make you Born Again. ItsI certainly a requirement , commanded by the Lord. Yes. But, I've heard ministers tell hundreds of people in church that " if you're baptized, then yourey Born Again. Not quite so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
No one who "Born not of flesh, nor the will of man, but of God" can be UNBORN. And 1 John 5:4 says "Whoever is Born of God overcomes the world." This is why Jesus said "You must be Born Again...that which is born of Flesh is flesh and that which is Born of Spirit is spirit.".

Whoever is Born of God does not continue to sin (1 John 3:9). And whoever does not continue to sin goes to Heaven. There is no such thing as a Born Again Christian who will die in their sins, because Jesus said "Unless you believe I AM He, you will die in your sins" and again Jesus says to the damned "Depart from me I never knew you". To "KNOW" is to be inside of. Jesus CANNOT damn those He has foreknown.

The Holy Spirit is an Eternal Seal of God. A new Creation cannot be uncreated. God is the perfect Father and Shepherd. NONE of His Sheep get lost. He finds them all. When you are truly Born Again, your spirit and the Holy Spirit become ONE and God CANNOT die. This is why God is called the "Rock". Any soul that has truly found refuge IN Him cannot die, but "out of his bowels will flow rivers of living water". If a Born Again believe went to Hell, they'd go with Living Waters flowing out of their own soul. They would never thirst in Hell. When you get the Revelation of Eternal Security by the Holy Spirit, you will rejoice and glorify God, not sin willfully.

Fear of being damned is PROOF that Holy Spirit is working in you already. And out of Fear of God, the Children of God OBEY and are saved. There is no such thing as a Born Again Christian that does not Fear God enough eventually obey. God's Spirit makes sure of that.
Amen

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
15 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
Jesus is the way the truth and the life and in this case, the vine.

2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit, he taketh it away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he cleanseth it, that it may bear more fruit.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; so neither can ye, except ye abide in me.
It is the spirit by which we bear fruit, not of ourselves. This is why we do not boast of works.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing.
Without the Lord in our lives there is no fruit.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
If you do not recieve the Lord as savior you are cast out and judged.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
Your prayers are heard and answered according to his will.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and [so] shall ye be my disciples.

9 Even as the Father hath loved me, I also have loved you: abide ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;
These are NOT the ordinances of the Mosiac Law but the commandments given by the Lord Jesus. Primarily this being accepting him as Lord and Savior, forgiving others, Adhering to the things of the spirit rather than the flesh.
Done. Thank you so very much. Blessings.

Upvote 0

cuplet

Mar 8, 2012
✟15,152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sorry. Typos. I meant that once we are Born Again, we develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and acknowledge Him as our Lord and Saviour, and as God. ItsI all about having a personal relationship with Christ, once you're Born Again. Thank you for pointing out these typos. Hopefully, common sense would prevail, and people would understand.

Upvote 0