Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Knowing God is not eternal life. The devil knows God. Knows all about Him. So what?

Let's see what the Scriptures say:

Jhn 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

In other words, Judgment Day.

Jhn 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Raised to eternal life. Argue with Jesus, not with me.

Rom. 2: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

St. Paul is speaking about the Last Judgment here (Romans 2: 5) Notice the contrast in the following verses. 2:9 tells us of the judgment of the wicked. They are condemned because they did evil.

Rom. 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

Rom. 2: 10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Romans 2:10 says that those who do good (i.e. good deeds) will receive eternal life.

Salvation is not eternal life. Salvation is the act of being saved from the condemnation of being outside of union with Christ. Salvation brings us into union with Christ and gives us His life. But in that relationship, we must continue to live out His life. Our good works are the way that we show our love to God, participate in His life, grow in Christlikeness, and become closer to Him. But like any relationship, one can walk away from this and turn from Christ. Thus, they who continue to show their love to God by their good works will receive the reward of the inheritance - eternal life.

Eternal life is called "the inheritance" in Scripture. To receive an inheritance, one must continue to be faithful to one's Father.

Knowing God thru thru the law is not life. Knowing His grace is indeed life.

Please avoid trusting your works & start trusting in Jesus' works wholly.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Knowing God thru thru the law is not life. Knowing His grace is indeed life.

Please avoid trusting your works & start trusting in Jesus' works wholly.

All I did was to share with you what the Scriptures say in plain English. I am trying to show you that the idea of "faith alone" is simply not true. James says that we are justified by our works.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Our works are the way in which we keep covenant with God. Our works maintain our covenant relationship of love with God by allowing the life of Christ to flow through us in good works, which unite us to Christ.

Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

Exitus Acta Probat Acta Non Verba Deus Vult 11:18
May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
2 Peter C1

19 Moreover, we possess the prophetic message that is altogether reliable. You will do well to be attentive to it, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
20 Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation,
21 for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the Holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.

A wisc (abbr) is someone who interprets Scripture for his or her own purposes through the guidance of sin and not in accordance to the Truth.

2Peter C3

14 Therefore, beloved, since you await these things, be eager to be found without spot or blemish before him, at peace.
15 And consider the patience of our Lord as salvation, as our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom
given to him, also wrote to you,
16 speaking of these things as he does in all his letters. In them there are some things hard to understand that the ignorant and unstable distort to their own destruction, just as they do the other scriptures.

A wisc Perishes and so does everyone who believes in that wisc aswell.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
All I did was to share with you what the Scriptures say in plain English. I am trying to show you that the idea of "faith alone" is simply not true. James says that we are justified by our works.

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Our works are the way in which we keep covenant with God. Our works maintain our covenant relationship of love with God by allowing the life of Christ to flow through us in good works, which unite us to Christ.

Rom 5:1-We are justified ONLY by faith in Jesus.

Revelation about grace was given to Paul.

Adding works to faith takes the focus off Jesus & puts its on the self. Jesus is all in all.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

James & company had difficulty understanding grace as in galat2:12.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Then why is James in the Bible as part of divine revelation to us. You are trying to have your cake and eat it, too.

Our works are the way that we stay in covenant relationship with Christ. Let's use the same analogy that the Scriptures do - marriage.

If I get married, is that the end of everything I have to do to maintain that relationship? Can I just sit around and stare at the marriage certificate posted on our living room wall and say, "Well, we are married." That is the essence of faith alone. No marriage would survive that kind of treatment. In a relationship of love, the two beloved do things together and for each other to express their love for each other.

Our works are how we express love to Christ. They are how we maintain the relationship with Him as our divine Spouse. And when we die, if we die in that relationship with Him, aka being "in Him," then we receive eternal life, not as something we earned but as a result of our deep an intimate union with Him.

But if we do not do works of love to others, then we forsake Him. We do not let Him live in us and do the works through us. Which means that at the end, we are estranged from Him - forever.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Then why is James in the Bible as part of divine revelation to us. You are trying to have your cake and eat it, too.

Our works are the way that we stay in covenant relationship with Christ. Let's use the same analogy that the Scriptures do - marriage.

If I get married, is that the end of everything I have to do to maintain that relationship? Can I just sit around and stare at the marriage certificate posted on our living room wall and say, "Well, we are married." That is the essence of faith alone. No marriage would survive that kind of treatment. In a relationship of love, the two beloved do things together and for each other to express their love for each other.

Our works are how we express love to Christ. They are how we maintain the relationship with Him as our divine Spouse. And when we die, if we die in that relationship with Him, aka being "in Him," then we receive eternal life, not as something we earned but as a result of our deep an intimate union with Him.

But if we do not do works of love to others, then we forsake Him. We do not let Him live in us and do the works through us. Which means that at the end, we are estranged from Him - forever.

God never hid the weaknesses of writers or characters in the bible.

We love not to be justified but becz we are by the works of Jesus.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
God never hid the weaknesses of writers or characters in the bible.

We love not to be justified but becz we are by the works of Jesus.

Nope. That's wrong. Jesus restored mankind's relationship with God. But He does not keep the terms of our covenant for us. That is impossible to do, just as it would be impossible for me to marry myself.

Back to the analogy of marriage. What you believe is that Jesus does all the requirements of our marriage to Him by Himself and for Himself. That is not the way a relationship works. In a relationship such as marriage, both parties make vows of love and fidelity to each other, and then each one is expected to keep his/her part of the vow.

Jesus cannot make vows of fidelity to Himself on my behalf. I have to make them to Him at the time of my baptism. Then I have to keep them. As long as I keep them, I remain in relationship with Him. To be in proper union with the divine Spouse is called "justification" or "righteousness." Righteousness is the state of being right with our Lord.

This is, of course, why Fundamentalism is off-kilter. There are no covenant vows of relationship made to Jesus at the time of baptism into Christ. What kind of wedding is that where there are no vows?

A highly illicit one....

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation about grace was given to Paul.

Revelation about grace was also given to James.

James C4
6 But he bestows a greater grace; therefore, it says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

What does Galatians C2:12 have to do with anything about James having difficulty understanding grace?

James C1
1 James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes in the dispersion, greetings.

How can James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ have difficulty understanding grace? James is a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians C2
9 and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me, James and Kephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

How can James have difficulty understanding grace especially when Paul stated that James and Company, recognized the grace bestowed upon him and are reputable pillars of the faith?

Rom 5:1-We are justified ONLY by faith in Jesus.

How can a person be justified by faith in Jesus Christ if that person belittles James who is slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

James C4
6 But he bestows a greater grace; therefore, it says: "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

What does Galatians C2:12 have to do with anything about James having difficulty understanding grace?

James C1
1 James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes in the dispersion, greetings.

How can James, a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ have difficulty understanding grace? James is a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Galatians C2
9 and when they recognized the grace bestowed upon me, James and Kephas and John, who were reputed to be pillars, gave me and Barnabas their right hands in partnership, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.

How can James have difficulty understanding grace especially when Paul stated that James and Company, recognized the grace bestowed upon him and are reputable pillars of the faith?

How can a person be justified by faith in Jesus Christ if that person belittles James who is slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Grace of God is not given to us becz we are humble but becz Jesus was humble unto death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Nope. That's wrong. Jesus restored mankind's relationship with God. But He does not keep the terms of our covenant for us. That is impossible to do, just as it would be impossible for me to marry myself.

Back to the analogy of marriage. What you believe is that Jesus does all the requirements of our marriage to Him by Himself and for Himself. That is not the way a relationship works. In a relationship such as marriage, both parties make vows of love and fidelity to each other, and then each one is expected to keep his/her part of the vow.

Jesus cannot make vows of fidelity to Himself on my behalf. I have to make them to Him at the time of my baptism. Then I have to keep them. As long as I keep them, I remain in relationship with Him. To be in proper union with the divine Spouse is called "justification" or "righteousness." Righteousness is the state of being right with our Lord.

This is, of course, why Fundamentalism is off-kilter. There are no covenant vows of relationship made to Jesus at the time of baptism into Christ. What kind of wedding is that where there are no vows?

A highly illicit one....

In eden Lord told them to keep away from the knowledge of good evil (moral law).
When they chose kge they felt guilty about nudity which was good till then!
Jesus set us free from the law which creates guilt.
If you trust in kge/ml, you will lose the rest which God gave them.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

James C4

James C1

Galatians C2

Paul called James as pillar of faith? Yes, he did as a sign of respect & not becz J understood grace the way it needed to be.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
We are not justified becz we honor others but becz Jesus honored mankind by His death.

Just becz I pointed to Galat 2:12 I cannot be considered dishonoring him.

Now, we honor others not to obtain justification but becz we are freely justified by Lord's cross.

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul called James as pillar of faith? Yes, he did as a sign of respect & not becz J understood grace the way it needed to be.

Please show verses in the Bible that state James lack understanding of grace the way it needed to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, a newer Christian is not perfect about rightly understanding works and about not using people for money and other things. But I think you can tell if someone is growing and learning how to love in Jesus. A child of God can minister God's grace to you > 1 Peter 4:9-10. And Paul says that, when he talked with certain people, he gained nothing from them > Galatians 2:6; to me this means Paul knew how any child of God could minister somehow to help Paul be a more real Christian. So, you can tell if a person is ministering grace so you get more real with God and learn how to relate in His love.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Show me a few verses from the Bible to back up what you are saying please.

No man can stand before God by his works.

Only Jesus can & indeed has satisfied God by His works (rom5:19).

Avoid making your works stand on par with Jesus. That is idolatry.

Upvote 0

Gabriel Anton

May 19, 2016
Oz
✟89,091.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No man can stand before God by his works.

Only Jesus can & indeed has satisfied God by His works (rom5:19).

Avoid making your works stand on par with Jesus. That is idolatry.

Romans C5:19
For just as through the disobedience of one person the many were made sinners, so through the obedience of one the many will be made righteous.

Please explain this verse to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0