Which televised Preachers are okay to watch?

His_disciple3

Nov 22, 2010
as close to Jesus as I can be
✟17,075.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This guys as good as most of them maybe better.

YouTube - Crazy Preacher

this video is Blaspheme :

James 5:13-15
13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.
KJV

Upvote 0

MichaelKelley

Sinner Saved By Grace
Jul 28, 2010
Eads, TN
Visit site
✟15,686.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jack Van Impe? Really?!?!?

Yes, I agree with this. He really does have the love of Christ flowing through him. Is he correct on relating all of his news clips to the conclusions he comes to? No, but he does admit when he is mistaken. He did in this week's program, actually. Do I agree with his rapture/millennial view, not necessarily, but this are non-essential things. For the most part, he IS on the ball. His preaching of the Gospel IS dead on. Is DOES have an excellent view of what is happening in the word, but you ARE free to disagree with his interpretation of the evidence.

Does he preach Christ; the REAL Christ? Yes he does.

Hank Hanegraaf is also good, perhaps better (and yes, they do disagree on how they see the end times. That is okay.).

Upvote 0

56Bluesman

Jul 10, 2008
I live in beautiful Omaha Nebraska
✟8,252.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Start with getting some solid teaching to get you started with your walk in Christ, and learning your new identity in Christ. Most good churches who hold to the orthodox fundamentals of the Christian faith can get you started in basic doctrine and theology 101 so to speak. I've seen just about every bit of craziness that Christians can get sucked into over the years, and I fell into some bad stuff myself. A working knowledge of God's word can aid you sniffing out bad and rotten fruit.

On a side note, I avoid TBN like the plague, simply because they do have some very bad preachers full of nonsensical teachings that don't line up with scripture. Worse yet, they really don't care as far as the leadership at TBN goes.

Upvote 0

MbiaJc

Veteran
Jul 9, 2004
Bowdon, Ga.
✟2,360.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know.. I have a great church and a wonderful Preacher, I just want something to watch at home, too.

At home is a great time to study your Bible for yourself and not watch television preachers. Because I personaly woudn't give you .15 cents for the ones you mentioned. Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar, Paula White, Joel Osteen, etc.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At home is a great time to study your Bible for yourself and not watch television preachers. Because I personaly woudn't give you .15 cents for the ones you mentioned. Benny Hinn, Creflo Dollar, Paula White, Joel Osteen, etc.
Aren't most of them rather... unorthodox at best and outright frauds at worst?

Upvote 0

beth505

Mar 26, 2011
✟15,116.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd suggest:

Ravi Zacharias (radio) check out his resource page at rzim.org and

(on TV) Turning Point with Dr. David Jeremiah

both also have numerous books that are excellent.

As you grow in your walk with Christ and become more familar with scripture, you'll more easily be able to distinguish between the "good" and "bad" ones. Just always remember when listening/watching to ANY preacher or teacher, (even in your local church)...

(1) read the scripture immediately BEFORE and AFTER any quoted scripture to be certain they are quoting it in the correct context. Scripture can say anything they want it to say if they only pull out bits and pieces of it. It should always be applied in context.

(2) if something doesn't sound quite right - check it out for yourself, (even quoted supporting scripture). When a viewpoint is stated and based upon supporting scripture references that in themselves are misinterpreted or misapplied, then the conclusion drawn from them may also be in error. Never just assume that because they are "the preacher" that everything they say is the correct interpretation of God's Word.

If they have a problem with you checking behind them, then you probably shouldn't be listening to them anyway :)

I hope this helps!

Upvote 0