Which spiritual gift have YOU been given?

Which spiritual gift have YOU been given?

• 1) Motivator: Desires to motivate people to serve God.

• 2) Servant: Desires to meet needs of people on a practical basis.

• 3) Teacher: Desires to study and present truths to people.

• 4) Encourager: Desires to admonish and encourage people.

• 5) Giver: Desires to meet needs of people on a financial basis.

• 6) Administrator: Desires to lead people through organization.

• 7) Sympathizer: Desires to identify and empathize with people.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
spacer.png

During service this morning, my Pastor spoke on the seven spiritual gifts from Romans 12:4-8 and summarized them into the following ...

1) Motivator: Desires to motivate people to serve God.

2) Servant: Desires to meet needs of people on a practical basis.

3) Teacher: Desires to study and present truths to people.

4) Encourager: Desires to admonish and encourage people.

5) Giver: Desires to meet needs of people on a financial basis.

6) Administrator: Desires to lead people through organization.

7) Sympathizer: Desires to identify and empathize with people.

To be honest, I've read through this passage several times but hadn't put a ton of thought into which gift I possess. Having them summarized in this fashion was enlightening and has me thinking about it a bit more. Personally, I was inclined to choose Encourager at first but the more I'm thinking about it, I feel as if I'm more of a Motivator. This is not to suggest that we're given only one, by the way ... or that our gifting cannot change as we spiritually mature. Nonetheless, which of the seven do you believe God has given you?

ETA: The poll is multi-choice so please select more than one if you need!
spacer.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nilla

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I truly believe that is the gift that God has given to me.

D, I would consider you as having elements of both of those gifts. We don't know how many gifts God gives us, and how in depth those gifts will be as we mature and develop and embrace those roles.

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

:thumbsup: This is fantastic! In the past we've talked a lot about spiritual gifts, but what the gifts are wasn't ever really pegged down. I think there are gifts that also don't fall into those categories, such as intelligence and discernment, but the use of those gifts could fall into those areas.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup: This is fantastic! In the past we've talked a lot about spiritual gifts, but what the gifts are wasn't ever really pegged down. I think there are gifts that also don't fall into those categories, such as intelligence and discernment, but the use of those gifts could fall into those areas.

There are quite a few tests online you can take where they have things like intelligence, discernment, prophecy, etc as gifts. I've take a few of those and generally got the same results.

Upvote 0

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Sunday School class did an in-depth study about Spiritual Gifts over a span of 6 months. It was great!

I personally feel I have the gift of discernment. Which isn't on your list but is talked about in other scripture references. I also have the gift of giving.

I thought long and hard about the Gift of Administration. While I believe God has given me the ability to organize and lead in that area, I don't think its a Spiritual Gift for me. I can't pinpoint the difference but its there.

Upvote 0

KingCrimson250

IS A HOMEBOY
Apr 10, 2009
✟18,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'm not entirely convinced that spiritual gifts should be pegged down, to be honest. I've never really heard anyone convincingly argue that the lists of spiritual gifts Paul gives throughout Scripture are exhaustive, and so dividing gifts into absolute categories can make people misunderstand or even ignore the spiritual gifts they have.

Not to put a damper on the thread or anything :sorry:

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm not entirely convinced that spiritual gifts should be pegged down, to be honest. I've never really heard anyone convincingly argue that the lists of spiritual gifts Paul gives throughout Scripture are exhaustive, and so dividing gifts into absolute categories can make people misunderstand or even ignore the spiritual gifts they have.

Not to put a damper on the thread or anything :sorry:

:thumbsup: Which is why I mentioned just 2 gifts that didn't fit into the categories. I still loved the list though and it made me think deeper about the kinds of spiritual gifts that I have.

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I voted for both Giver and Sympathizer, though I don't see giving as just being on a "financial basis." When able, I give of my time (at church and outside of it), things (regularly donate possessions), and money. I also see myself as very empathetic. If I absolutely had to choose one, it'd be Giver, but I think I am both.

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My list:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

RayofSun

This thread really excites me as it's an awesome topic that I haven't really thought about too deeply. On the other hand, it makes me mourn for my church and the new path they've taken. Thinking about this, made me realize all the amazing sermons and fellowship my church is missing.
But enough of the pity party :p

Okay, so as I said, I haven't really thought too deeply about this before now, so I don't know if I'm really in a position to give a firm answer. But for now, I think that I'm a Sympathizer, or perhaps a Servant, or best case scenario I'm both! :)

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

broken_one

Fear is but something to be overcome.
Jun 5, 2008
✟22,438.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
spacer.png

During service this morning, my Pastor spoke on the seven spiritual gifts from Romans 12:4-8 and summarized them into the following ...

To be honest, I've read through this passage several times but hadn't put a ton of thought into which gift I possess. Having them summarized in this fashion was enlightening and has me thinking about it a bit more. Personally, I was inclined to choose Encourager at first but the more I'm thinking about it, I feel as if I'm more of a Motivator. This is not to suggest that we're given only one, by the way ... or that our gifting cannot change as we spiritually mature. Nonetheless, which of the seven do you believe God has given you?

ETA: The poll is multi-choice so please select more than one if you need!
spacer.png
I think you're more of a mix of both. :p

Also, I don't believe "Giver" should be a gift. It sounds a lot more like a cop-out.

As for my presumed gifts, I'm certainly a Teacher...and I don't know. I'm somewhat of a natural leader, but I know how important when doing that it is to serve as well...I don't know.

Upvote 0