Which Song To Sing!

shepard_boy

Sep 17, 2004
✟156.00
Faith
Baptist
I need some advice. I need a song to sing in a drama competition the first weekend of November. I am participating in the male solo copetition and I must pick a broadway song to sing. I am a tenor, and my range is anywhere on the bass clef to an F above the bass clef. I can get higher, but it sounds bad. Can someone please help give me ideas? :help: :help: :help:

braodwaybaby

Mar 22, 2004
Washington, DC
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Judaism
Wonderful, from Wicked is a really good song for tenors. also Giants in the Sky or Agony from Into the Woods. and Some Girls from Once on this Island. and Hey There from the Pajama Game. and Luck Be a Lady is a tenor song i think, from Guys and Dolls. and theres tons more that i know im totally gonna think of as soon as i get ofline :) ugh this just reminded me that i need a song for the musical auditions.....anyone got songs for an alto? lol

Upvote 0

shepard_boy

Sep 17, 2004
✟156.00
Faith
Baptist
There are some good alto solos in Aida. Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee, from Greece is a good one, but it just depends on your taste. Thanks for all the song, I still can't decide though, I might do something from Cicago, or Close Every Door from Joseph. AARGH! TOO MANY GOOD SONGS! I'll decide soon though.

Upvote 0

shepard_boy

Sep 17, 2004
✟156.00
Faith
Baptist
I think I'm going to audition with Close Every Door from Joseph. Then our drama teacher can help me decide on what to sing in the competition. I'm not trying out for Broadway, this is for the somthing Trombour (I guess this is how you spell it) Competition. The drama teacher let me listen to some stuff on Jeckll and Hyde today, but I'm still open to ideas. Me and one of my friends are doing a duet, either Elaborate Lives or Written In The Stars from Aida.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

braodwaybaby

Mar 22, 2004
Washington, DC
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Judaism
my friend saw Jekyll and Hyde and said it was good. ive never seen it tho. i actually dont know what show im auditioning for, they havent anounced it yet lol. so im just sort of getting idea for songs, and once they announce what the show is ill narrow it down to a comedic song or dramatic and whatnot.

Upvote 0

braodwaybaby

Mar 22, 2004
Washington, DC
Visit site
✟548.00
Faith
Judaism
i wish i could tell you when they were gonna announce the show, but i have absolutely no idea. probably towards the end of the play were doing now. hopefully sooner.

if you have to pay with your own money, i dont think the show's that good to spend it, but if its someone else's money, go for it! jklol :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums