Which Protestant Body...

CelticRebel

Site Supporter
May 21, 2015
✟60,615.00
Faith
Christian
we have defended infant baptism from Scripture, you just keep seeing it only through your POV. I stated before that your concepts of monarchial bishops is not ours, so I don't know why that is brought up. Marian stuff comes from many sources, one of which being the Protoevangelion of James, which is very early. your opinion concerning remarried clergy is based on opinion and also not found in the Scripture either.

that being said, glad you are back Celtic. place was not the same without you.

I have not found that infant baptism can be defended from scripture. The EOC holds to apostolic succession and monarchial bishops -- bishops as a third order of ministry; scripture does not support this. The Protoevangelion of James is not authoritative; scripture does not support the ever-virginity of Mary. Scripture does not forbid remarriage of clergy, so I have to conclude that this prohibition is an imposition of men.

I'm glad you feel that way about my coming back; a few others may feel the same way, hopefully. I don't want to argue; I'm just stating my beliefs. I still believe that the EOC is closer to apostolic doctrine than many other Bodies.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have not found that infant baptism can be defended from scripture.

if that is the case, the Church that put the Bible together and codified it would not have baptized infants. what you also see is no evidence that only adults were baptized. that is a conclusion you have come to with no support from history or Scripture.

The EOC holds to apostolic succession and monarchial bishops -- bishops as a third order of ministry; scripture does not support this.

actually it does. Scripture names the overseers (bishops), the elders (priests), the deacons, and the laity. your concept of bishop still I don't think is what we say they are.

The Protoevangelion of James is not authoritative; scripture does not support the ever-virginity of Mary.

the Scripture actually does in the NT Greek. and the Bible also does not deny it.

Scripture does not forbid remarriage of clergy, so I have to conclude that this prohibition is an imposition of men.

well, we say clergy can remarry, only that they cannot remain clergy. the Scripture does not support that either. neither does any history.

unfortunately, there is more of your opinion on these things than anything that is actually supported with any hard evidence.

I'm glad you feel that way about my coming back; a few others may feel the same way, hopefully.

I am sure there are.

I don't want to argue; I'm just stating my beliefs

you're good, this is St Justin's, hahaha

Upvote 0