Which political party could most correctly be called "The Party of God"?

Which political party could most correctly be called "The Party of God"?

• The Republican Party

• The Democratic Party

• Another party (please list its name and explain why)

• No party -- God is not beholden to our political parties and belongs to no one political group.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
christianmarine said:
Name me one Democrat who has never compromised his or her integrity to get their seat in D.C..

Depends on how you define that. No doubt most have, but why pick on the Dems? Surely you are not naive enough to believe one party is composed of paragons of integrity and the other of blackguards only?

There are some Dems who have remained true to principles and done much to advance the poor and the oppressed. Unfortunately these are few and far between. One could perhaps say Barbara Boxer is one due to her relentless defense of women's rights but she is after all a stockbroker. In Congress, many from safe, mostly minority districts often maintain integrity and what compromises they make are unknown generally. Some might include Maxine Waters, Carrie Meek, Eldolphus Towns, Barbara Rose, Lynn Woolsey, Zoe Lofgren, James McDermott, Barney Frank, Jesse Jackson Jr., Sheila Jackson Lee, and Bernard Sanders among them.

Upvote 0

Yusuf Evans

Aug 17, 2005
Iraq
✟13,433.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not naive, I'm just honest enough to know when a Democrat is trying to save face, much as is the same for a Republican. I agree that honest politicians are few and far between, however, two of them, Barbara Boxer and Jesse Jackson Jr., I consider suspect.

Upvote 0

Chrysalis Kat

Gettin' Riggy With It
Nov 25, 2004
TEXAS
✟20,887.00
Faith
Politics
US-Democrat
Neverstop said:
It seems what was being said is they are powerful institutions and as such, are incapable of carrying moral principles.
Don't know if institutions can have morals. Now, for sure individuals can and do have morals and they can even, gasp, be democrates and politicians too!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Chrysalis Kat said:
Don't know if institutions can have morals. Now, for sure individuals can and do have morals and they can even, gasp, be democrates and politicians too!!!

From my perspective, the entire machine of modern politics is too corrupt...so while there may be people of great integrity within the system, they are so few that it is nearly irrelevent. It would be like throwing a purple jelly bean into a tar pit and expect it to remain purple and tasty.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
christianmarine said:
Of their agendas, especially Jackson Jr.

Ummm...quick question...how can their agendas be worse than the current Admin...and since they do not have the ability to carry out those ________ agendas, do they matter?

oops...2 questions. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelosKD

Caught in the Crosswalk
Jul 31, 2005
near the sea near the sea near the beautiful sea!
✟8,586.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
UberLutheran said:
Calling out "the faithful" and the Truly Faithful.

Hving voted "no party" I would say that the Democrats seem to work from the premise of Mathew 25 - the text for Christ the King Sunday this year, in that they seem to want to be helping the poor and powerless than fattening up the bank accounts of already fat - OBESE- cats.

Upvote 0
B

BrownCoat

angelosKD said:
Hving voted "no party" I would say that the Democrats seem to work from the premise of Mathew 25 - the text for Christ the King Sunday this year, in that they seem to want to be helping the poor and powerless than fattening up the bank accounts of already fat - OBESE- cats.

Isn't there something in Thessalonians about working and eating? And how they kind of go together?

Upvote 0