Which exile is prior to their return back to the land in Ezekiel 38-39?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continuing from where I left off in my last post, post #59.

Assuming that I am correct when I proposed in my last post, post #59, that the fulfillment of Ezekiel 38:22 is meaning Revelation 16:21, this can only mean one thing, meaning this. That it means Ezekiel 39:9-16 is after that of the time of the 7th vial of wrath. It is unreasonable to think Ezekiel 38:22 is not meaning what happens to Gog and his multitude prior to them ending up dead. Which then means they need to be buried eventually. The feasting birds help make this process a bit easier since there are not entire bodies to bury, since it is basically only bones remaining, something the feasting birds were unable to fully digest. It even mentions bones in Ezekiel 39:15, which sounds like carcases to me. Which then makes me think of some of the following.

Isaiah 66:15 For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire.
16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

Isaiah 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Which then tends to tell me Isaiah 66:24 is involving what some of what Ezekiel 39:9-16 is involving. And notice the context Isaiah 66:24, meaning verse 22. Which could possibly mean the millennium runs in parallel with the NHNE, but that the NHNE are never ending. Only the time of the millennium has an ending point.

What all of this seems to mean, whatever period of time one is applying the 7th vial of wrath to, there has to be a period of time that follows it which allows for this 7 months of burying and this 7 years of burning weapons. Amill has zero answer for this 7 months and this 7 years, but Premill does. It apparently means that the 2nd coming, though it happens in the last day, the last day is meaning the beginning of the millennium, therefore, explaining this 7 years and this 7 months needed after the 7th vial of wrath had been poured out.

And it still makes it part of the last days if the last day is 1000 years in length, the same way the past 2 days, the past 2000 years, have been a part of the last days. If one thinks even Premill can't explain this, maybe PostMill can, except I don't know what PostMills' view of these 7 years and 7 months might be pertaining to. One thing that is plainly obvious though, Amill has no explanation for these 7 years and these 7 months, if meaning post the 7th vial. That alone is plenty reason to reject Amill. As if there is not plenty of reason to reject Amill already.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 16:17 is Armageddon. 7 years after Gog/Magog.

Ezekiel 39:8 is right after the Gog/Magog event, 7 years before Armageddon.

There is only one battle recorded in Ezekiel 38 and 39, not 2.

Ezekiel 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:
16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Meaning who? Gog and his multitude, obviously.

Ezekiel 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.

Meaning against who? How can it not be the same ones meant in verse 15? Which then means once Ezekiel 38:22 has happened to them, there then is a need for feasting birds since the body count is apparently going to be astronomical. Then there will be a need to bury their remains in order to cleanse the land. Why interpret something in such a manner that it contradicts everything recorded in these 2 chapters? It is unreasonable to divorce Ezekiel 39:17 -20 from the aftermath recorded in Ezekiel 39:9 -16.

Notice in Revelation 19, before there is even any blood shed, there is already a call being made out to the feasting birds. Just because Ezekiel 39 records the feasting birds after that of what is recorded in Ezekiel 39:9 -16, that then is no reason to start interpreting things in an illogical manner by insisting Ezekiel 39:17 -20 is involving the aftermath of a later battle rather than the aftermath of the battle that led to what is recorded in Ezekiel 39:9 -16.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is only one battle recorded in Ezekiel 38 and 39, not 2.
One battle in Ezekiel 38 - the Gog/Magog event.

Two battles in Ezekiel 39.
Ezekiel 39:1-16 - the Gog/Magog event.

7 years later.....

Ezekiel 39:17-20 - the Armageddon event.
Ezekiel 39:21-29 - Jesus Himself speaking in the text having returned to this earth.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Notice in Revelation 19, before there is even any blood shed, there is already a call being made out to the feasting birds. Just because Ezekiel 39 records the feasting birds after that of what is recorded in Ezekiel 39:9 -16, that then is no reason to start interpreting things in an illogical manner by insisting Ezekiel 39:17 -20 is involving the aftermath of a later battle rather than the aftermath of the battle that led to what is recorded in Ezekiel 39:9 -16.
Revelation 19:17-18, is the Armageddon event, to take place at the end of the great tribulation.

Differently, Ezekiel 38-39:16, Israel is living in peace at the time. Not while the great tribulation is going on.

upload_2022-7-9_14-39-35.jpeg

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One battle in Ezekiel 38 - the Gog/Magog event.

Two battles in Ezekiel 39.
Ezekiel 39:1-16 - the Gog/Magog event.

7 years later.....

Ezekiel 39:17-20 - the Armageddon event.
Ezekiel 39:21-29 - Jesus Himself speaking in the text having returned to this earth.

Ezekiel 38:15 And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:
16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified(qadash) in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Ezekiel 38:22 And I will plead against him with pestilence and with blood; and I will rain upon him, and upon his bands, and upon the many people that are with him, an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone.
23 Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify(qadash) myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD.

I don't think one person, hopefully including you, would disagree that the above involves Gog and his multitude.

Ezekiel 39:21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

26 After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.
27 When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified(qadash) in them in the sight of many nations;
28 Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.
29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

But when we get to these portions, now all of a sudden one is to no longer think any of this involves Gog and his multitude, that the judgment God executed in verse 21, it involves a later battle rather than a battle involving Gog and his multitude.

Which then means God was somewhat unsuccessful in regards to what is recorded in Ezekiel 38:23, where that leads to Him being known in the eyes of many nations, so He needed to do it yet again, via a later battle.

Therefore, Ezekiel 38:23 is not involving anything Ezekiel 39:27 is involving since Ezekiel 39:21 is not meaning a judgment involving Gog and his multitude, but is meaning a judgment involving a later battle.

Which Ezekiel 38-39 knows nothing of since it never even bothers mentioning who this alleged later battle might be involving.

Is that what we are to believe?

EDITED it since Douggg was complaining that it was hard to read like I initially had it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,576.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
While you are watching Putin, you should also be watching Zelensky, and Ukraine becoming a full fledged member of the EU.
The future leader of the future One Word Govt, will not be revealed until after the Sixth Seal event.
keras, what is the sign of the Son of Man in heaven in Matthew 24:30a preceded by the actions in Matthew 24:29 ? Why is that not the sixth seal event?
Rev 6:12-17 and Matthew 24:29-30, are different events, at least 10 years apart.
People who can't seem to discern the difference between the moon shining blood red and the moon not giving any light, are in the land of confusion and have a quite wrong belief of the end time events.

The 2300 evenings and mornings, Daniel 8:8-14, is a fulfilled prophecy, it all happened circa 165 BC.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,576.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Anyone claiming that they grasp what it means for Scripture to interpret Scripture, should easily see Revelation 16:17 and Ezekiel 39:8 are involving the same thing, which is further proved via Revelation 16:21 and Ezekiel 38:22.
But they are not the same event.
The Gog/Magog attack does not relate in any way to the attack by the 'beast' - the Anti-Christ .
Hailstones are a common occurrence.
But when we get to these portions, now all of a sudden one is to no longer think any of this involves Gog and his multitude, that the judgment God executed in verse 21, it involves a later battle rather than a battle involving Gog and his multitude, which then means God was somewhat unsuccessful in regards to what is recorded in Ezekiel 38:23, where that leads to Him being known in the eyes of many nations, so He needed to do it yet again, via a later battle, therefore, Ezekiel 38:23 is not involving anything Ezekiel 39:27 is involving since Ezekiel 39:21 is not meaning a judgment involving Gog and his multitude, but is meaning a judgment involving a later battle which Ezekiel 38-39 knows nothing of since it never even bothers mentioning who this alleged later battle might be involving. Is that what we are to believe?
What utter nonsense.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What utter nonsense.

If it is utter nonsense then why don't you tell us who this other alleged later judgment is involving according to Ezekiel 38-39 since you see it as utter nonsense that Ezekiel 39:21 is pertaining to God's judgment on Gog and his multitude. BTW, claiming that what someone said, that it is utter nonsense, that is not an argument, all that is, is an opinion. Opinions by themselves prove nothing one way or the other.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't think one person, hopefully including you, would disagree that the above involves Gog and his multitude.
I agree. Ezekiel 38-Ezekiel 39:16 is the Gog/Magog event.
But when we get to these portions, now all of a sudden one is to no longer think any of this involves Gog and his multitude, that the judgment God executed in verse 21, it involves a later battle rather than a battle involving Gog and his multitude, which then means God was somewhat unsuccessful in regards to what is recorded in Ezekiel 38:23,
No, one does not come to the conclusion that God was unsuccessful in dealing with Gog and his army.

Gog is no longer mentioned in Ezekiel 39 after verse 16. Ezekiel 39:16 concludes talking about the Gog/Magog event.

But when we get to these portions, now all of a sudden one is to no longer think any of this involves Gog and his multitude, that the judgment God executed in verse 21, it involves a later battle rather than a battle involving Gog and his multitude, which then means God was somewhat unsuccessful in regards to what is recorded in Ezekiel 38:23, where that leads to Him being known in the eyes of many nations, so He needed to do it yet again, via a later battle, therefore, Ezekiel 38:23 is not involving anything Ezekiel 39:27 is involving since Ezekiel 39:21 is not meaning a judgment involving Gog and his multitude, but is meaning a judgment involving a later battle which Ezekiel 38-39 knows nothing of since it never even bothers mentioning who this alleged later battle might be involving. Is that what we are to believe?
What I am concluding, David, is that you are really good at making run-on sentences. :). Break it up into smaller sentences... next time.

David, keep it simple....

Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 38-39:16 takes place when Israel is at rest, peace. Like right now.

Differently, Armageddon event in Ezekiel 39:17-20, 7 years after Gog/Magog, takes place at the end of the great tribulation, at the time of Jesus's return.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The future leader of the future One Word Govt, will not be revealed until after the Sixth Seal event.
There will be no one world government. Instead, there will be one dominant coalition of nations over the rest of the world. That coalition of nations will be the west.

The beast will be over that coalition of western nations.

upload_2022-7-9_16-6-54.jpeg

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Rev 6:12-17 and Matthew 24:29-30, are different events, at least 10 years apart.
People who can't seem to discern the difference between the moon shining blood red and the moon not giving any light, are in the land of confusion and have a quite wrong belief of the end time events.
You did not respond to the question....

" keras, what is the sign of the Son of Man in heaven in Matthew 24:30a preceded by the actions in Matthew 24:29 ?"

Why is the sign of the Son of Man in heaven not...

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Since revisiting these 2 chapters via this thread, whatever sanity I might have, it's as if that sanity is being stripped away if I am to believe some of these interpretations involving these two chapters. Such as this 7 years of burning weapons, whatever that might look like, that there are no actual 7 years set aside for this even though God through Ezekiel said there is. Which then means God is someone who lies about things if there is not actually a 7 year period set aside for this. And the same is true concerning the burying of Gog and his multitude if there is not 7 months set aside for this as well.

So let's start here in order to determine some things.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last('achariyth) days(yowm), that the mountain of the LORD'S house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Regardless how one might interpret this verse, you're not going to find very many that disagree that this is involving a period of time after Christ has been born. The NT makes it crystal clear that the last days involve a period of time after Christ was born into this world. Most even agree we are still in the last days as we speak.

Ezekiel 38:16 And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter('achariyth) days(yowm), and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes.

Unless one is cherry picking, we now know by comparing to Isaiah 2:2 and the NT, that the latter days recorded in Ezekiel 38:16 are undeniably involving the very same last days Isaiah 2:2 and the NT are involving. This shouldn't even be debatable since it is crystal clear that the last days involving Ezekiel 38-39 are the very same last days involving Isaiah 2:2 and the last days recorded in the NT.

Which then brings us to this 7 years of burning weapons and 7 months of burying Gog and his multitude. And here it is 2022 and not one single thing since Christ was born, up until now, explains this 7 years and 7 months recorded in Ezekiel 39. What that obviously means is this. It is because these 7 years and these 7 months, they haven't even been fulfilled yet. How could it not mean that? Surely, history would have recorded something as major as this, burning weapons for 7 years, burying the dead for 7 months, if these events already happened. And then, what about what is recorded in Ezekiel 38:22?

As if God already fulfilled this in the past except history failed to record it. As if this is something God does all the time, except history never records these things, that He has a habit of pouring an overflowing rain, and great hailstones, fire, and brimstone, down on ppl, except history fails to record this. God did something similar pertaining to Sodom and Gomorrah, and that we were then shown when and how this was fulfilled, in the Bible itself. Where then in the Bible is it showing the fulfilling of Ezekiel 38:22?

How about here, for one?

Revelation 16:21 And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

No reasonable person is going to insist this has already been fulfilled since that is something unreasonable, not reasonable, concerning this verse. And interestingly enough, in Revelation 16:17 it records this---a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done---while in Ezekiel 39:8 it records this---Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

Anyone claiming that they grasp what it means for Scripture to interpret Scripture, should easily see Revelation 16:17 and Ezekiel 39:8 are involving the same thing, which is further proved via Revelation 16:21 and Ezekiel 38:22.

This post is getting a bit lengthy, so I will continue in the next post, what I'm ultimately getting at here, which involves these 7 years of burning weapons and 7 months of burying Gog and his multitude, in light of everything I already brought up in this post. It will probably have to wait till after lunch since I still have to transfer my thoughts into typing, thus I haven't even typed any of this up yet. I pretty much do things in real time. What I just submitted here is what I just put together in the last 45 minutes or so.
Was Israel spared over the last decade when the Syrian Civil War brought 10 years of death and destruction to the area? Even Turkey threatened to expand her southern border to new levels if they had not been stopped.

How these battles are resolved is not always the way we think they should be. In fact all the nations listed with Gog and Magog in Ezekiel, all had troops on the ground in Syria. There was the potential for that conflict to spill over into Israel if Iran had gotten their way in the matter.

So saying this has to keep repeating in history until the desired scenario is reached may be over thinking prophecy. Jesus did not step in, the Second Coming did not happen, yet war in the area given to Abraham did cause a potential threat to Israel. All wars starting now until the actual Second Coming are getting closer to that one where Jesus returns to the Mt. of Olives. I doubt any of them will give us the exact sign of the Second Coming. The only sign will be the literal Second Coming. People here on earth were not even promised to see the 7 Seals being opened as the book was in heaven until Jesus as Prince sets up His throne, bringing the Lamb's book of life with Him.

Only at the 6th Seal will we definitely know the Second Coming has occurred. Jesus is bringing all the angels in the firmament with Him. Certainly billions of never before seen beings at one time will bring the fear we see mentioned at the end of Revelation 6. This is not a body exchange between the raptured church and the angels. Millions of humans will be gone, billions of angels will arrive. Certainly there will be peace and chaos happening at the same time. Peace because Jesus and the angels remove human violence. Chaos because humans will face the reality humans have denied for thousands of years.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,576.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You did not respond to the question....

" keras, what is the sign of the Son of Man in heaven in Matthew 24:30a preceded by the actions in Matthew 24:29 ?"

Why is the sign of the Son of Man in heaven not...

Revelation 6:16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Because they are quite plainly two different events. They are described differently and we are told that the Lord is not seen on His terrible Day of fiery wrath, Habakkuk 3:4, Psalms 18:11, and that He SENDS fire upon His enemies; Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1 & 2:1-5

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,576.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If it is utter nonsense then why don't you tell us who this other alleged later judgment is involving according to Ezekiel 38-39 since you see it as utter nonsense that Ezekiel 39:21 is pertaining to God's judgment on Gog and his multitude. BTW, claiming that what someone said, that it is utter nonsense, that is not an argument, all that is, is an opinion. Opinions by themselves prove nothing one way or the other.
You seem very confused and you misrepresent what I said.
I do believe that Ezekiel 39:21 is after the G/M destruction.

It is Douggg who claims that Ezekiel 39:21-29, is Jesus talking about the Jewish redemption. Wrongly, as it refers to the Christian gathering into all of the holy Land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because they are quite plainly two different events. They are described differently and we are told that the Lord is not seen on His terrible Day of fiery wrath, Habakkuk 3:4, Psalms 18:11, and that He SENDS fire upon His enemies; Psalms 11:4-6, Amos 1 & 2:1-5
Where is Matthew 24:29 and Matthew 24:30a found in Revelation ?

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You seem very confused and you misrepresent what I said.
I do believe that Ezekiel 39:21 is after the G/M destruction.

The only thing I know, I was trying to illustrate a point by showing it is unreasonable to have some of Ezekiel 38-39 involving a battle and aftermath concerning Gog and his multitude, then have this other battle neither of these chapters know anything about, that neither of these chapters mention who that might involve, and that then you then called it utter nonsense, which I took to mean meant that you disagreed with my point altogether, that my point was nothing but utter nonsense.

What was utter nonsense about what I said is that Ezekiel 39:21 is not meaning the same judgment involving Gog and his multitude, it is meaning a different judgment, a judgment involving someone who these two chapters don't even bother to tell us who this is allegedly involving. If anything is utter nonsense, that is what is utter nonsense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Israel spared over the last decade when the Syrian Civil War brought 10 years of death and destruction to the area? Even Turkey threatened to expand her southern border to new levels if they had not been stopped.

How these battles are resolved is not always the way we think they should be. In fact all the nations listed with Gog and Magog in Ezekiel, all had troops on the ground in Syria. There was the potential for that conflict to spill over into Israel if Iran had gotten their way in the matter.

So saying this has to keep repeating in history until the desired scenario is reached may be over thinking prophecy. Jesus did not step in, the Second Coming did not happen, yet war in the area given to Abraham did cause a potential threat to Israel. All wars starting now until the actual Second Coming are getting closer to that one where Jesus returns to the Mt. of Olives. I doubt any of them will give us the exact sign of the Second Coming. The only sign will be the literal Second Coming. People here on earth were not even promised to see the 7 Seals being opened as the book was in heaven until Jesus as Prince sets up His throne, bringing the Lamb's book of life with Him.

Only at the 6th Seal will we definitely know the Second Coming has occurred. Jesus is bringing all the angels in the firmament with Him. Certainly billions of never before seen beings at one time will bring the fear we see mentioned at the end of Revelation 6. This is not a body exchange between the raptured church and the angels. Millions of humans will be gone, billions of angels will arrive. Certainly there will be peace and chaos happening at the same time. Peace because Jesus and the angels remove human violence. Chaos because humans will face the reality humans have denied for thousands of years.

Just because what is recorded in Ezekiel 38-39 hasn't happened yet, involving Gog and his multitude ascending and coming like a storm, doesn't mean it won't happen. It just means God hasn't allowed it to happen yet.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Ezekiel 38-Ezekiel 39:16 is the Gog/Magog event.

No, one does not come to the conclusion that God was unsuccessful in dealing with Gog and his army.

Gog is no longer mentioned in Ezekiel 39 after verse 16. Ezekiel 39:16 concludes talking about the Gog/Magog event.

What I am concluding, David, is that you are really good at making run-on sentences. :). Break it up into smaller sentences... next time.

David, keep it simple....

Gog/Magog event in Ezekiel 38-39:16 takes place when Israel is at rest, peace. Like right now.

Differently, Armageddon event in Ezekiel 39:17-20, 7 years after Gog/Magog, takes place at the end of the great tribulation, at the time of Jesus's return.

Here's an idea. This 7 years they are burning weapons, has it ever crossed your mind the reason the NT mentions zero about this prior to Christ's return in the end of this age, is because it is not even meaning before Christ returns?

Take the OD, for instance. The timeline of events are not that hard to follow. Yet, you invent this battle, meaning pertaining to Gog and his multitude, that you have taking place before the time of the AOD. And that you have it's aftermath, which includes the burning of weapons 7 years, paralleling the time of the AOD, where the Jews are supposed to be fleeing at the time, according to your interpretation, except you have them still burning weapons instead.

Where in any portion of the OD does it ever give the impression anyone is burning weapons at the time? Where in Revelation 11 and Revelation 13, does it ever give the impression anyone is burning weapons at the time? It's not there because no one is doing that at the time. The burning of weapons begins after Christ has returned and slaughtered Gog and his multitude first. It then leads into a period of time Isaiah 2:4 is describing.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Here's an idea. This 7 years they are burning weapons, has it ever crossed your mind the reason the NT mentions zero about this prior to Christ's return in the end of this age, is because it is not even meaning before Christ returns?
David, the key to those 7 years following Gog/Magog is Ezekiel 39:17-20 is the same as in Revelation 19:17-18, Armageddon.

And that Jesus Himself is speaking in text, Ezekiel 39:21-29.

burning the weapons, instead of cutting wood, is not in the new testament, but that the Jews will flee into the mountains when the AoD is placed in the holy place, the temple mount is in Matthew 24.

In the refuge of the mountains, they will be burning the diesel full of Gog's vehicles littering the land at that time.

Upvote 0