whew - praise the Lord, the neighbor called!

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My 13 yo dd wanted to go to a neighborhood swimming pool - not our neighborhood, but the next one over - with a friend who I know a bit - a girl - and some boys who I don't know with no adults supervising. DH and I said no. We have a pool at our house. I said she could have the girl here - and she said the girl could not come - I doubt that - I think she just wanted to go with them. So, of course, we are the meanest parents in the world. Not to mention that dh is about to go to the prayer meeting and I have to get the younger two kids to bed so I can't go watch them myself.
But, praise the Lord, a neighbor called whose dd is asleep and she needs a babysitter until her dh gets home - which will be in about a half an hour she said, so my dd has the opportunity to earn money, which is a big thing because she desperately is desiring a new cell phone - so she went and I hope it softens the blow of not being allowed to go swimming. :sigh:

icbeckyc

Mar 9, 2006
Texas
✟12,056.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well don't worry i am certain i hold the meaniest parent award. lol i am always telling my kids no when they really want to do something. Hopefully your daughter enjoyed the babysitting and making of money. I like that both my kids have so much going on they have a hard time to get in to much trouble. But everyonce in a while.....

Upvote 0