Where you are, is where I belong...

Who is out there for me? One? Two? Three?

• There’s only one man/woman out there for me; I’m waitin’ for you bebe :cool:

• I like you.. and ooh. I like you too! There are many people in the world I could end up with :yum:

• I do not know, but I wish I did. :sigh:

Results are only viewable after voting.

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I definitely do not believe there is only one out there for me. I've met way too many wonderful women in my life that I could see myself with to think that.

I do believe that there are people that you are extra compatible with or that you identify with more. I think that sort of deal can feel like "soul mates."

Anyway, I don't really know how that works... if your spouse dies or if they end up leaving you after 19 years of good marriage and 1 bad one, what do you say? That "maybe they weren't my "real soul-mate" when you find somebody new?

Upvote 0

latteda

You're not my nemesis
Jan 8, 2005
Southern US
✟14,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I voted for the second option, although I wouldn't say that accurately describes my attitude. There are few people I have met that I've felt truly compatible with on all the important levels, as well as interests.

However, I do believe that a successful relationship involves hard work and a selfless attitude more than it does an ethereal attitude of "this person is the one." I'm not knocking those who disagree, and I can't speak for them, but for me, if my focus was on finding The One all the time, when things started to get tough in a relationship or marriage, I would probably start stressing out that I chose the wrong one.

Instead, my belief is that I stay willing to follow God's leading and make a wise decision to commit to someone I believe I can walk beside the rest of my life on a spiritual, emotional, and physical level. Once I do make that commitment, that is when that person becomes The One, and it will be 'til death do us part, for better or worse.

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Voted for number two! There are many out there that I am compatible with. Im open to see who God puts in my life. Im planning to find that special one though that I wish to share the rest of my life with. In which case, that will be my one. But yeah.. until then, I have my choices of ones that God puts in my life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
THAT's it! Holy moly.. that was going to eat at me all day long. When I read it I was like.. "AHH, where have I heard that?!? Its familiar I know it is... "

Thanks.. just saved me a lot of stress. I can now go back to sleep. Err I mean work. I can go back to work. :sorry:

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Speaking of which.. Dreamgirl is becoming one of my new favorites. And Rapunzel... they rate right up there with Crush, Crash Into Me, Where Are You Going,... maybe I should just stop. Im goin to end up listing all of his songs. DMB rocks. :D

Upvote 0

iafic

May 20, 2006
Sarasota FL
✟16,008.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
BOTH!!!! I believe that there are some people that God does specificly plan for them to be married and are created in heaven to be, and He will lead them together (yet still our choice and will to marry them...but for the most part...almost all-the-part...I find it hard to believe that one person on this earth of a billion people is your one and only. That's like being born and saying "Hey buddy, good luck finding your needle in the eternal haystack." One false move to the wrong neighborhood and you will NEVER meet your mate!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry dude, out of luck!!!!!

so beyond that 1% that may be specifically lead by God to fulfil a plan, the Bible says for the man to leave his parents and go out and find a wife. Go pick one. anyone. Don't believe in soul mates. God can bless anyone marraige I get into.

Upvote 0

deliciousBass

Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
DC Metro
✟27,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
BOTH!!!! I believe that there are some people that God does specificly plan for them to be married and are created in heaven to be, and He will lead them together (yet still our choice and will to marry them...but for the most part...almost all-the-part...I find it hard to believe that one person on this earth of a billion people is your one and only. That's like being born and saying "Hey buddy, good luck finding your needle in the eternal haystack." One false move to the wrong neighborhood and you will NEVER meet your mate!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry dude, out of luck!!!!!

so beyond that 1% that may be specifically lead by God to fulfil a plan, the Bible says for the man to leave his parents and go out and find a wife. Go pick one. anyone. Don't believe in soul mates. God can bless anyone marraige I get into.
That sounds more like the 2nd option. I think there is a consensus that the person you end up with is going to be the one for you. For as long as you're together anyway lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe there is only one person out there for you? Or do you believe there are many people out there for you and you just haven't met any of them yet?

I believe there is one person out there for me. While many may be compatible, there is only one man whom God has chosen me for. I keep my eyes open for this man, I don't know what he looks like, sounds like, smells like but I have a vauge idea of what he'll act like. Someday God will bring our lives together.

Once I make the choice to give my heart and body to the man, and he makes a reciprocal choice, God will knit our souls together and we will become soul mates as well.

I believe this with all my heart. I've had doubts and troubles and sometimes almost tried, like Sarah and Abraham, to do it on my own instead of waiting on God's promise. But, I think this is a matter of trusting God, even when we don't see immediate answers to our prayers. I placed my life and my potential future spouse in God's hands because He is the best matchmaker in the universe.

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The other thing is I question for those that say there is "the one"....is this somethign you just feel? There is no Biblical indication that this is the case...he does talk about "finding" a spouse. The idea of soulmates, the one, etc...is actually a very recent phenomenon as marriage was for many reasons back then-very little to do with soulmate actually. I don see any Scriptural reference to there only be "the one" and trusting God to present that person to you.That's why I wonder how this though process comes through in those that believe this.

Reactions: latteda
Upvote 0

iafic

May 20, 2006
Sarasota FL
✟16,008.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
The other thing is I question for those that say there is "the one"....is this somethign you just feel? There is no Biblical indication that this is the case...he does talk about "finding" a spouse. The idea of soulmates, the one, etc...is actually a very recent phenomenon as marriage was for many reasons back then-very little to do with soulmate actually. I don see any Scriptural reference to there only be "the one" and trusting God to present that person to you.That's why I wonder how this though process comes through in those that believe this.

I'm with you, just as my post states, there are few times that God has a specific plan, otherwise, scripturally, God put us on the earth and said, find a mate and multiply. He gives us a free will, gives us our own choices. I would always consult God with any guy I choose and ask if this would be someone I could marry, or someone that wouldn't be right for me. He knows everyone's heart.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Overit - I believe this because the Bible says that God directs our paths, and knows every day of our lives from before the beginning of the world. He is our guide and provider, and He knows us infinitely better than we know ourselves. Therefore, while I do think it's POSSIBLE to marry someone "compatible" and manage a decent marrige, HE knows who is BEST for me, out of everyone in the world, and I trust Him to bring us together. I don't want someone I can live with - I want someone I can't live without. Just as Jacob KNEW Rachel was the one...I believe I'll know mine when I find him.

Upvote 0

overit

Veteran
Sep 26, 2006
✟17,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Overit - I believe this because the Bible says that God directs our paths, and knows every day of our lives from before the beginning of the world. He is our guide and provider, and He knows us infinitely better than we know ourselves. Therefore, while I do think it's POSSIBLE to marry someone "compatible" and manage a decent marrige, HE knows who is BEST for me, out of everyone in the world, and I trust Him to bring us together. I don't want someone I can live with - I want someone I can't live without. Just as Jacob KNEW Rachel was the one...I believe I'll know mine when I find him.

Hmm...well can I ask this...God gave us free will to choose....He know who we will choose but I don't think He ever said their is a pre-determined person for each of us. Does he know whether the relationship will be good or bad? yes...of course we all want the person we can't live without. I just think that person can be any person-and not particularly one person in the entire world who would be just made for us.Does it say anywhere that God has someone who would be the best for us and guide us to them?i think you will know who is right for you, but then again many people said this and ended up not staying together, so what then, go for the next "one" person?I guess that's why I think it's wise to pray about a situation, as He does guide our paths, but he doesn't pre-determine someone for us...He can work with just about anyone we choose in marriage if both parties are willing.

Upvote 0