Visit site
✟14,621.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am looking for serious thoughts on this topic as I find it truly a great thought provoking thought.

We have things happen in our lives and ask, "Where was God?" while it was happening. Earthquakes, hurricanes, Sunamis, bombings of buildings, etc.

My question is this, in the years between teaching in the temple, and the starting of His Earthly ministry? What do you think, "Where Was Jesus?"

heavensprings

Jesus loves me this I know...
Jun 22, 2004
seated in heavenly places
✟8,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am looking for serious thoughts on this topic as I find it truly a great thought provoking thought.

We have things happen in our lives and ask, "Where was God?" while it was happening. Earthquakes, hurricanes, Sunamis, bombings of buildings, etc.

My question is this, in the years between teaching in the temple, and the starting of His Earthly ministry? What do you think, "Where Was Jesus?"

Well, BroGinder, I think Jesus did like all of us... He worked, as a carpenter, he ate, he slept, He still kept learning about His Father wherever and whenever possible. He probably prayed an awful lot and got closer and closer to Father God. He must have had a growing awareness in His life as He got closer to the time of ministry what it was that was required of Him by the Father.

I also think He just lived a quiet life in Nazareth.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We know this about Jesus' youth from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible. The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible is an accurate translation of the Bible, unlike other versions/translations.

(Joseph Smith Translation) Matthew 3:24-26 24 And it came to pass that Jesus grew up with his brethren, and waxed strong, and waited upon the Lord for the time of his ministry to come.
25 And he served under his father, and he spake not as other men, neither could he be taught; for he needed not that any man should teach him.
26 And after many years, the hour of his ministry drew nigh.

We don't really know where Jesus was during these "missing years".

Upvote 0

HomeBound

Learning in the meantime
Jun 24, 2003
Augusta Georgia
Visit site
✟1,926.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We know this about Jesus' youth from the Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible. The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible is an accurate translation of the Bible, unlike other versions/translations.

(Joseph Smith Translation) Matthew 3:24-26 24 And it came to pass that Jesus grew up with his brethren, and waxed strong, and waited upon the Lord for the time of his ministry to come.
25 And he served under his father, and he spake not as other men, neither could he be taught; for he needed not that any man should teach him.
26 And after many years, the hour of his ministry drew nigh.

We don't really know where Jesus was during these "missing years".
Are you kidding?
I wouldn't trust anything done by Joseph Smith.

Upvote 0

intrepid

Nov 24, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟16,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You kidding, Baby Cakes?

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
My view on this is -- if you take scripture at face value it says that he was Mary's first born son and that he had siblings. Since Joseph drops out of the Biblical record at some point I think it fell to Jesus to take over his father's business and be the supporter of his family, at least until such time as a younger brother could take over the care of Mary.

So he was building tables, chairs, houses etc.

Upvote 0

Brother Jason

KJV (King Jesus Version)
Feb 26, 2006
South Carolina
Visit site
✟23,494.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Lol, Brother, this thread looks familiar,
[bible]luke 2:51[/bible]
[bible]mark 6:3[/bible]

I would say He was home working and preparing for his ministry.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.