United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);61822861 said:
Indeed. I noticed where others who didn't like Romney and wanted Obama often felt where they had to be in secret with their applause with the president winning since they didn't want to have to deal with hassle on it and being attacked. Others who voted Democrat already had it where they were accussed of being pro-abortion because they voted for a party that advocated for Pro-Choice and others felt the Republican Party alone was "Pro-Life" ...even though there were Pro-Life Democrats who addressed the issues of the unborn via lifestyle and taking action to aid mothers.

And some were very vocal on their beliefs - respectful of where others were coming from but not staying hidden on it. Some Orthodox priests I followed, after the Democratic Convention and seeing other Orthodox leaders give the prayers they did and working alongside others in differing faiths, felt they didn't need to be undercover on the issue since it meant to them that others in Orthodoxy were in a myriad of backgrounds.

It seems sad when one says to another they can't follow Christ because they favor one party over another, as Jesus was not concerned with being either Democrat or Republican...Liberal or Conservative..and if nothing else, no one today is really fully on his side when seeing what each party is for.
Well, I keep them bewildered with my "I'm a third-party voter." I said that to two people, and in both instances of two different people, the same kinda confused and blank stare aimed at me and then a dismissed looked with no anger or disgust followed, and that works for me. :D

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One very good thing about this election is that several pro-life Democrats won their elections this year. I am a strong believer in this organization:

Democrats For Life of America

What would be interesting to me would be to see what happened if pro-choice Republicans managed to take over the GOP and the pro-life Democrats managed to take over the Democrats. I wonder if those who have demonized the Democrats all these years would have the ability to vote for a Democrat since that would be the pro-life candidate.

Very interesting info, Katherine. And yes, that would be something to see. :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, I keep them bewildered with my "I'm a third-party voter." I said that to two people, and in both instances of two different people, the same kinda confused and blank stare aimed at me and then a dismissed looked with no anger or disgust followed, and that works for me. :D

That's hilarious :)^_^ Some people seem to expect others to be charged up for one system or another - and when you note you're independent or 3rd party, it tends to shake things up a bit. Saw similar whenever I told others how I've voted down both sides of the isle politically - or (seeing that I've seen some good evidence for theories suggesting that the votes are really controlled in many instances by people above the government/in the shadows) I tell them that there are times I won't vote in an election and don't feel the pressure to do so just as others noted historically ..with them seeing a bit angered in some instances and shocked in others if showing the ways that both the Left Wing and Right Wing are both a part of the same bird of prey/are designed to be in gridlock and often distracting from the real areas others have ownership and control.

For a lot of folks, not getting wrapped up in voting and seeing the system for what it is is like taking the red pill and coming out of the Matrix - with the aftershock of how wild things really are taking time to set in:cool:

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);61823359 said:
That's hilarious :)^_^ Some people seem to expect others to be charged up for one system or another - and when you note you're independent or 3rd party, it tends to shake things up a bit. Saw similar whenever I told others how I've voted down both sides of the isle politically - or (seeing that I've seen some good evidence for theories suggesting that the votes are really controlled in many instances by people above the government/in the shadows) I tell them that there are times I won't vote in an election and don't feel the pressure to do so just as others noted historically ..with them seeing a bit angered in some instances and shocked in others if showing the ways that both the Left Wing and Right Wing are both a part of the same bird of prey/are designed to be in gridlock and often distracting from the real areas others have ownership and control.

For a lot of folks, not getting wrapped up in voting and seeing the system for what it is is like taking the red pill and coming out of the Matrix - with the aftershock of how wild things really are taking time to set in:cool:

Yes, well, it is quite liberating not having allegiance to either of the two parties. :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, well, it is quite liberating not having allegiance to either of the two parties. :)
It does seem freeing when seeing that not one of the parties is anything other than a broken/flawed system with broken people that the Lord can work through just as He has through others...and people on all sides of the Kingdom are found everywhere.

It's humbling, IMHO - just as I'm always humbled when seeing the many faces/representations here and seeing the ways the Lord has been operating in everyone where they're at..

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Easy G (G²);61823397 said:
It does seem freeing when seeing that not one of the parties is anything other than a broken/flawed system with broken people that the Lord can work through just as He has through others...and people on all sides of the Kingdom are found everywhere.

It's humbling, IMHO - just as I'm always humbled when seeing the many faces/representations here and seeing the ways the Lord has been operating in everyone where they're at..
:)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm simply one quarter Jewish, have a large number of family members born and living in Israel, and I want them and their compatriots to continue to live in safety and prosperity in their country.:)
Although I'm not Jewish, I have many friends and family within Orthodoxy who are Jewish and have the same heart/mindset since it's a part of their heritage and they're wishing the best for others there as well - and have often struggled with others in Orthodoxy whenever it seems they get hated simply for saying they support others in the Israeli state or disagreed with policies done and yet have no problem with Statehood - both for Israelis and Palestinians (or Palestinian Israelis and those who are mixed between Jewish and Arab/Palestinian).

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Ever suggested that others have a king or go for an empire? I've done that to others (in all seriousness) since that's what believers throughout the scriptures lived with and things were much more simpler for them than they are today for others who can afford to divide over things.

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Easy G (G²);61823413 said:
Although I'm not Jewish, I have many friends and family within Orthodoxy who are Jewish and have the same heart/mindset since it's a part of their heritage and they're wishing the best for others there as well - and have often struggled with others in Orthodoxy whenever it seems they get hated simply for saying they support others in the Israeli state or disagreed with policies done and yet have no problem with Statehood - both for Israelis and Palestinians (or Palestinian Israelis and those who are mixed between Jewish and Arab/Palestinian).
Well see this is why I don't go on religious forums all that much. Why have to zip it and worry about getting hated? - my time and energy are limited, and I will devote them to associating with accepting and positive people regardless of their religion or lack thereof.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Anyway, if asked to define myself politically, I'd probably call myself a pragmatic pro-life social democrat. Perhaps that's in a rough order of my convictions on the matter (I mean, I would say "pro-life" first, but, as a pragmatist, I realize legislation to outlaw abortion isn't happening, so I guess pragmatism wins).

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyway, if asked to define myself politically, I'd probably call myself a pragmatic pro-life social democrat. Perhaps that's in a rough order of my convictions on the matter (I mean, I would say "pro-life" first, but, as a pragmatist, I realize legislation to outlaw abortion isn't happening, so I guess pragmatism wins).

I think that may be close to my style, I'm generally a social moderate and fiscal liberal, leaving the GOP for the Dems this year. I'm pro-life (which includes anti-war and anti-death penalty views) though one caveat would be abortion if the mother's facing certain death from pregnancy complications.

Interesting take on pragmatism.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People throw out terms like "Obama is a communist! It's so obvious!"
Actually, if you want to make the case that he's grew around commies, HE DID! Almost all of his entourage grew up in communist households or around communist inspirations.

But the problem is, if Obama IS a communist, he's a lousy one!
Communists are anti-gay, impose curfews, raise taxes sky high, collectivize farms, take away private property, forbid elections, hate minorities, hate Jews (most of the time, some commies have been Jews), can't stand gays, and LOVE huge military budgets. Sound like Obama? ^_^

Catch phrases are kind of silly. The Far Left can get into them as well. The "war on women" was not really much of a war on them at all. I'm supposed to pay for a woman's contraception or else I'm at war with women? :o:confused::sorry:

I'll continue to say it: we need divided government and checks and balances. Unhindered, the Republicans will create a billionaires utopia with workers, the environment, the middle class, and standards of living for normal people going straight to Hades. Unhindered, the Democrats will create a gay utopia of interior decorators, abortion mills, high taxes, and enough welfare and foodstamps to kill a herd of rhino.

Every era has its fashionable cocktail party terms...

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well see this is why I don't go on religious forums all that much. Why have to zip it and worry about getting hated? - my time and energy are limited, and I will devote them to associating with accepting and positive people regardless of their religion or lack thereof.
A lot of folks have shared that same stance before on many differing things. Some places you can go and find others live by the mindset of choosing to get along to get along - whereas others have a more "Ride or Die!!" mindset (as said in on the streets with gang culture when demanding 100% allegiance to an action/view).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Re Israel. Personally I try not to say too much on this matter although I think I end up being slightly on the "pro" side because it seems so much time & energy in large media sectors is used to focus on Israel's faults than any other nation. Israel indeed has its faults but it seems often that merely exercising self defense is one of them. This tendency is similar to the demonization of the Serbs during the disintegration of the post Tito Yugoslavia in the 1990s while the Muslims' & Croats' faults were overlooked. The obvious brainwashing technique towards the Serbs was evident in the wretched 2001 movie: Behind Enemy Lines where the Nazi like, although unspecified bad guys were obviously Serbs & camera angles focused on Christian crosses worn by the "bad" soldiers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Re Israel. Personally I try not to say too much on this matter although I think I end up being slightly on the "pro" side because it seems so much time & energy in large media sectors is used to focus on Israel's faults than any other nation. Israel indeed has its faults but it seems often that merely exercising self defense is one of them. This tendency is similar to the demonization of the Serbs during the disintegration of the post Tito Yugoslavia in the 1990s while the Muslims' & Croats' faults were overlooked. The obvious brainwashing technique towards the Serbs was evident in the wretched 2001 movie: Behind Enemy Lines where the Nazi like, although unspecified bad guys were obviously Serbs & camera angles focused on Christian crosses worn by the "bad" soldiers.

Would you happen to have any resources on the issue that you'd mind sharing for reference? Would love to investigate what occurred during the post Tito Yugoslavia and the ways it is similar to the Israeli State today in its battles :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Easy G (G²);61823763 said:
Would you happen to have any resources on the issue that you'd mind sharing for reference? Would love to investigate what occurred during the post Tito Yugoslavia and the ways it is similar to the Israeli State today in its battles :)

I am going much from personal memory from what I read years back & with the culmination of NATO intervention in the Kosovo conflict in 1999. Here a link to an article from early 2001:

The Media’s War Against the Serbs

Another article: 17. U. S. Media Promotes Biased Coverage of Bosnia | Project Censored

Some opinions in reviews of a book on the Yugoslavia conflict:
http://www.amazon.com/To-Kill-Natio...ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
man, did I miss out on a lot. all I think I can say is that I am a libertarian leaning conservative, who is a Republican so he can have a primary vote, and the guy that I joke and laugh with the most on here recently has been gurney.

nuff said

Upvote 0