ww2pigeon

Jul 21, 2008
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not sure this question belongs here, however I believe that someone would know the answer here?
In reading the OT about when God brought Moses and Israelites to camp near Mt. Sinai, He taught them about how they should live. God instructed his people to bring specific offerings to the tabernacle--burnt offerings.
My question is what would the offerings of, fellowship, sin and guilt offerings be, or where all offerings blood sacrifice?
progress.gif

Timothy

Mad Anglican geek at large
Jan 1, 2004
Birmingham.... [Bur-min'-um]
✟17,765.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I would strongly suggest a read through of Leviticus. Largely because I find Leviticus the easiest cure for insomnia and have no desire at the moment to read through it. If there's no response in the morning, however, I will dig through my notes on it.

Upvote 0

Secundulus

Mar 24, 2007
✟14,425.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not all offerings were blood sacrifice. Bread and wine were also offered, specifically in the Thanksgiving Sacrifice.

We still offer bread and wine today at the sacrifice of the Mass (Eucharist/Thanksgiving). Coincidence, or not?

We no longer offer blood sacrifice because they were most commonly used for the sin offering and are no longer necessary because of the perfect sacrifice made by Christ.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.