Not open for further replies.

DaRev

Apr 18, 2006
✟19,002.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There was a man who came into my pastor's office and he claimed to be perfect. He said that he hasn't sined in 5 years. Never lied, never had evil intentions, never looked at another women lustfully... This is just what he says.

Guess what... he lied.

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
But there is one example that I find questionable. There was a man who came into my pastor's office and he claimed to be perfect. He said that he hasn't sined in 5 years. Never lied, never had evil intentions, never looked at another women lustfully... This is just what he says.
[FONT= "Book Antiqua"]
Questionable, indeed. If he is married, we could have talked to his wife and solved his delusion in 30 seconds (or less).

:p

[/font]

Upvote 0

Confess

Doing great with kids 8!
Jan 23, 2007
Wisconsin
✟10,133.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, I am almost happy to see someone like this. Someone who enforces strict rules and does not tolerate one with no respect for the rules. I see almost no people my age that have any desire to not sin, and I think that is a product of bad parenting. Why can't I find people my age like myself that are actually trying to be perfect?

Buuuuuuuut, I am not happy to see the other half of this man. The side which has him disowning his daughters in law. I don't have any advice on how he should be delt with. Sorry.
Being heavy on the law to where you become a "crusher" to all whom you love and neglecting the Gospel by which to raise these people out of their misery is far worse then just being an apathetic christian.

Upvote 0

filosofer

Senior Veteran
Feb 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,913.00
Faith
Lutheran
[FONT= "Book Antiqua"]
God's richest blessings to you, this woman and her children. May God protect them, encourage, support, and love them according his great mercy. May he give everything insight on how to live God-pleasing lives in the midst of a bad situation. May God turn the husband/father's heart from stone to flesh (Ezek. 34), sensitive to God and his people.

[/font]

Reactions: seajoy
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟829,083.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]
God's richest blessings to you, this woman and her children. May God protect them, encourage, support, and love them according his great mercy. May he give everything insight on how to live God-pleasing lives in the midst of a bad situation. May God turn the husband/father's heart from stone to flesh (Ezek. 34), sensitive to God and his people.

[/FONT]

AMEN!

Upvote 0

rockytrails

Jun 5, 2007
south western United states
✟15,532.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think there is not a lutheran alive that some one who does not like them could raise just as serious and true charges against .

IN FACT When i think of it . Could we not also acuse every human bible person . samson abraham and did not even king David GIVE THE APPERANCE OF continuing in adulterious relation untill his death?

ITS BECAUSE of Gods Grace alone that any of us are saved.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.