When to PUC yesterday

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I talked to George knight about the issues with EGW I am having. I remain unconvinced by his arguments.

Whatever issues you may have - no one will be able to answer them - that is unless you accept a watered down answer.

I had my issues with egw long ago and went to a camp meeting to get some answers - I came back with more questions and issues - sometimes its good to address the things that bother us - you should however, be aware that there are consequences. adventism is designed in a way that people who ask (the right/wrong) questions will be left aside :)

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟370,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whatever issues you may have - no one will be able to answer them - that is unless you accept a watered down answer.

I had my issues with egw long ago and went to a camp meeting to get some answers - I came back with more questions and issues - sometimes its good to address the things that bother us - you should however, be aware that there are consequences. adventism is designed in a way that people who ask (the right/wrong) questions will be left aside :)
i was asking, more from a point of throughness not from a belief I would get an answer.

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
i was asking, more from a point of throughness not from a belief I would get an answer.

OK -

Its just when I was asking questions I hoped to get some answers - I mean, why shouldnt I?

When I found out that there are no real answers and the answers given ranged from either laughable to completely riddiculous, I felt a little bit betrayed - lateron I realized that the people I have known for years didnt really care about me, just because I was asking some tricky question. Right away people believe you are doing the devils work etc. and that its probably dangerous to talk to you - pitty, but what can you do. Right now I am in a new job and an adventist is working there as well - pretends he doesn't see me... or so it seemed to me :) - I can live with that, but still its pretty sad that some people look down on you if you dont believe like they do.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
...its pretty sad that some people look down on you if you dont believe like they do.

Adventists have felt that from Protestantism for over 160 years...

Whatever questions you may have, there is an answer... we just might not get it right away, or ever, in this life. The answer may be something you were hoping for, which is easy to accept... or it may be an answer we really don't want to hear, which we usually reject.

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Adventists have felt that from Protestantism for over 160 years...

Whatever questions you may have, there is an answer... we just might not get it right away, or ever, in this life. The answer may be something you were hoping for, which is easy to accept... or it may be an answer we really don't want to hear, which we usually reject.

It's not that simple.

First of all looking down on somebody else is never a good way of displaying one's christian faith - no matter if you protestant, catholic or even adventist. But then lots of wars have been fought, that involved christians of the same denomination killing each other (WWII for example!) So I guess, being a member of any denomination doesnt reallya account for anything but a label. True christianity is in one's heart.

Well, as far as answers go - I agree - there is always an answer - sometimes its difficult to understand, though.

I dont know if you really understood what I meant - the answers that I have been given when I asked 'tricky' questions were a little bit laughable, to put it mildly.
In the end I think its when people start asking question about egw and adventism and pastors cannot really provide answers - its best to get rid of those people and warn the rest - some sort of damage control, I guess. If people are demonized, the vast majority of believers will distance themselves from that person.

Experiencing such things is not pretty, but it will bring you closer to God - and give you a deeper understanding of the human character

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I understand more than you think... when my wife and I first came to Adventism and were attending a small local church we, after a while started asking 'inconvenient' questions about the apostasy we were witnessing. We were placated and poo-poo'd and at one point the pastor, in our home got angry with us because we were 'making more of it than need be'. This did not deter us from the message and we started seeking like minded brethren online and through a few trials and errors we found some people that were as seeking as we were and that believed in the pioneers message. We still consider ourselves seventh day Adventists even though we don't attend a conference church. We pray for the leadership in the church but we know that the wheat and tares will grow up together and that there will come a separation... we are seeing that happening as we speak.

Upvote 0

CaptainToad

Feb 7, 2015
✟13,139.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I understand more than you think... when my wife and I first came to Adventism and were attending a small local church we, after a while started asking 'inconvenient' questions about the apostasy we were witnessing. We were placated and poo-poo'd and at one point the pastor, in our home got angry with us because we were 'making more of it than need be'. This did not deter us from the message and we started seeking like minded brethren online and through a few trials and errors we found some people that were as seeking as we were and that believed in the pioneers message. We still consider ourselves seventh day Adventists even though we don't attend a conference church. We pray for the leadership in the church but we know that the wheat and tares will grow up together and that there will come a separation... we are seeing that happening as we speak.

Glad you have found your place then.

Everything's fine as long as God is by your side

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums