LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
By the way, see the following articles about the recent news of a shooter who was arrested at a Planned Parenthood:

Abortion-related violence is not the pro-life movement's fault
Police officer killed at Planned Parenthood was pro-life, Christian pastor

And does anyone remember the left-wing terrorist who shot up the Family Research Council?

See: Convicted Anti-Christian Domestic Terrorist Sentenced to 25 Years in Prison

Now, on to the topic of this thread.

On page 366 of her autobiography, Margaret Sanger said that she went to a Klan rally to speak:

“Always to me any aroused group was a good group, and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing.”

- Margaret Sanger

But here's what Cardinal O'Malley said about Planned Parenthood (in light of them getting busted):

Cardinal_Sen_OMalley_Credit_Mazur_catholicnewsorguk_CNA_US_Catholic_News_1_5_12.jpg

"Pope Francis has called abortion the product of a 'widespread mentality of profit, the throwaway culture, which has today enslaved the hearts and minds of so many.' The recent news stories concerning Planned Parenthood direct our attention to two larger issues involving many institutions in our society. The first is abortion itself: a direct attack on human life in its most vulnerable condition. The second is the now standard practice of obtaining fetal organs and tissues through abortion. Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life. This fact should be the center of attention in the present public controversy." - Cardinal O'Malley (July 29, 2015)

And here's what it says about Planned Parenthood on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website:

Planned Parenthood: Setting the Record Straight

In 2015, a series of undercover videos showed officials of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) discussing how they perform abortions and traffic in the tissues and organs of abortion victims. The officials' matter-of-fact comments on destroying unborn human life, and on altering abortion methods to obtain more "intact" organs, have led to a public debate on Planned Parenthood's role as a "women's health" organization receiving large government subsidies. Here are key facts.

1. PPFA is the largest abortion provider in the U.S.

In 2013, the last year reported, Planned Parenthood affiliates performed 327,653 abortions, both surgical and "medical" (using the abortion drug RU-486). [1] PPFA's share of the abortion "market" has expanded steadily over the years: It performed one in five of all abortions in the United States in 2005, but now performs about one in three.

2. Every Planned Parenthood affiliate must perform abortions.

In 2010, PPFA announced that by 2013 every affiliate must have one or more clinics that perform abortions on-site. A few affiliates left PPFA rather than comply with the new abortion mandate. [2]

3. Planned Parenthood provides 16 times more abortions than birth-oriented services.

While PPFA says abortions make up 3% of its services, this is misleading. PPFA says it served 2.7 million patients (women and men) and performed 327,653 abortions, indicating that 12% of everyone entering a Planned Parenthood clinic receives an abortion. And PPFA provided only 18,684 "prenatal services" and 1,880 referrals for adoptions at other agencies. So 94% of its services for pregnant women are abortions, outnumbering other options 16 to 1.[3]

(Read more)​

In 2009, the United States bishops said:

"Catholic health care institutions should not make use of human tissue obtained by direct abortions even for research and therapeutic purposes." - USCCB - Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, page 33

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Here on page 366 of her autobiography, Margaret Sanger says that she went to a Klan rally to speak:

https://books.google.com/books?id=HiWoBQAAQBAJ&pg=PR8&dq="margaret+sanger"&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizytqM7LjJAhUC4CYKHX8gAN8Q6AEIVTAI#v=onepage&q=ku&f=false

“Always to me any aroused group was a good group, and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing.” - Margaret Sanger
So what?

Is there a point here?

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sure she fit right in there.

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

'Such parents swell the pathetic ranks of the unemployed. Feeble-mindedness perpetuates itself from the ranks of those who are blandly indifferent to their racial responsibilities. And it is largely this type of humanity we are now drawing upon to populate our world for the generations to come. In this orgy of multiplying and replenishing the earth, this type is pari passu multiplying and perpetuating those direst evils in which we must, if civilization is to survive, extirpate by the very roots."

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

'Such parents swell the pathetic ranks of the unemployed. Feeble-mindedness perpetuates itself from the ranks of those who are blandly indifferent to their racial responsibilities. And it is largely this type of humanity we are now drawing upon to populate our world for the generations to come. In this orgy of multiplying and replenishing the earth, this type is pari passu multiplying and perpetuating those direst evils in which we must, if civilization is to survive, extirpate by the very roots."

None of which has anything to do with the topic.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was told that the American people are free, free to choose for themselves how many kids they have or do not have,
surely that's what being free is all about.

It has always been that way and has not changed. Of course Sanger never said that people cannot have kids. Her thing was to educate people to be prepared before becoming parents.

You know, planned parenthood?

Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Even if at one time the organizer of PP possibly bought into the racist eugenic pseudoscience that was prevelent back in that era it no longer seems to be a view held to by Planned Parenthood leadership. Now such ideas are well recognized as pseudoscientific and reprehensible.

Now a days the KKK people tend to attack planned Parenthood and advocate anti abortion violence. I don't see any sort of friendship between the two organizations in this day and age.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Now a days the KKK people tend to attack planned Parenthood and advocate anti abortion violence.
I know that Klansman David Duke endorsed a candidate in the Democratic Party (Source). But I've never heard of Planned Parenthood being attacked by the KKK. Can you back that claim up?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I know that Klansman David Duke endorsed a candidate in the Democratic Party (Source). But I've never heard of Planned Parenthood being attacked by the KKK. Can you back that claim up?

I used to be a white power skinhead and spent a fair amount of time talking to others "in the movement" including Klansmen. People would complain about the "sin" of white women having abortions or simply not having large enough families in general. Never once ran into someone who thought Planned Parenthood was awesome in that milliue. Not saying it's impossible that some might like them it just didnt seem commmon to me. At the time I did, however, talk with numerous people who thought that abortion docs were "race traitors". Sure they wanted "other races" to abort but doctors provide the service to Whites as well which wasn't something that approved of.

Please note that I find such views repulsive and an embarrassment now but unfortunately I got swept up into that nonsense as a teen by recruiters on AOL back in the day. People with World Church of the Creator, W.A.R., among others. I know a bit about the "culture"( if you could call it that.)

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I used to be a white power skinhead and spent a fair amount of time talking to others "in the movement" including Klansmen. People would complain about the "sin" of white women having abortions or simply not having large enough families in general. Never once ran into someone who thought Planned Parenthood was awesome in that milliue. Not saying it's impossible that some might like them it just didnt seem commmon to me. At the time I did, however, talk with numerous people who thought that abortion docs were "race traitors". Sure they wanted "other races" to abort but doctors provide the service to Whites as well which wasn't something that approved of.

Please note that I find such views repulsive and an embarrassment now but unfortunately I got swept up into that nonsense as a teen by recruiters on AOL back in the day. People with World Church of the Creator, W.A.R., among others. I know a bit about the "culture"( if you could call it that.)
Good for you for being open about this, and for admitting your mistake. I wish that others were as honest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
On page 366 of her autobiography, Margaret Sanger said that she went to a Klan rally to speak:

“Always to me any aroused group was a good group, and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing.” - Margaret Sanger

But here's what Cardinal O'Malley said about Planned Parenthood (in light of them getting busted):

Cardinal_Sen_OMalley_Credit_Mazur_catholicnewsorguk_CNA_US_Catholic_News_1_5_12.jpg

"Pope Francis has called abortion the product of a 'widespread mentality of profit, the throwaway culture, which has today enslaved the hearts and minds of so many.' The recent news stories concerning Planned Parenthood direct our attention to two larger issues involving many institutions in our society. The first is abortion itself: a direct attack on human life in its most vulnerable condition. The second is the now standard practice of obtaining fetal organs and tissues through abortion. Both actions fail to respect the humanity and dignity of human life. This fact should be the center of attention in the present public controversy." - Cardinal O'Malley (July 29, 2015)

And here's what it says about Planned Parenthood on the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops website:

Planned Parenthood: Setting the Record Straight

In 2015, a series of undercover videos showed officials of the Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) discussing how they perform abortions and traffic in the tissues and organs of abortion victims. The officials' matter-of-fact comments on destroying unborn human life, and on altering abortion methods to obtain more "intact" organs, have led to a public debate on Planned Parenthood's role as a "women's health" organization receiving large government subsidies. Here are key facts.

1. PPFA is the largest abortion provider in the U.S.

In 2013, the last year reported, Planned Parenthood affiliates performed 327,653 abortions, both surgical and "medical" (using the abortion drug RU-486). [1] PPFA's share of the abortion "market" has expanded steadily over the years: It performed one in five of all abortions in the United States in 2005, but now performs about one in three.

2. Every Planned Parenthood affiliate must perform abortions.

In 2010, PPFA announced that by 2013 every affiliate must have one or more clinics that perform abortions on-site. A few affiliates left PPFA rather than comply with the new abortion mandate. [2]

3. Planned Parenthood provides 16 times more abortions than birth-oriented services.

While PPFA says abortions make up 3% of its services, this is misleading. PPFA says it served 2.7 million patients (women and men) and performed 327,653 abortions, indicating that 12% of everyone entering a Planned Parenthood clinic receives an abortion. And PPFA provided only 18,684 "prenatal services" and 1,880 referrals for adoptions at other agencies. So 94% of its services for pregnant women are abortions, outnumbering other options 16 to 1.[3]

(Read more)​

Also, the United States bishops said this in 2009:

"Catholic health care institutions should not make use of human tissue obtained by direct abortions even for research and therapeutic purposes." - USCCB - Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services, page 33

Thank you.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

this is so sick and twisted.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Your claim was the the KKK had attacked Planned Parenthood. And that personal story does nothing to back that claim up.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

AionPhanes

Jan 1, 2015
Michigan
✟18,174.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Your claim was the the KKK had attacked Planned Parenthood. And that personal story does nothing to back that claim up.

I didn't mean physically attack them. I was pointing out that people in said movement often call doctors who perform abortions for white women "race traitors" . That would include Planned Parenthood clinics/doctors . KKK tends to promote itself as very conservative traditional (in their mind at least) Protestant Christian. Not the type of people you would see standing up for PP by a long shot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know that Klansman David Duke endorsed a candidate in the Democratic Party (Source).

That's an interesting bit of selective history because he became a Republican in 1988 and ran numerous times for office as one.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the point of this thread. Abortion isn't even the main service of Planned Parenthood, and not every clinic even offers them. More often than not they give out birth control, treat STI's, give exams for cancer, etc.

One of my friends was saved because they caught her cancer early on.

Oh... and did you know men can go to Planned Parenthood, as well? It's not called Planned Motherhood, you know.

In any case I don't really care what someone might have done in the past. What I care about is "do they or those that follow them still hold to this belief".

Upvote 0

ecco

Poster
Sep 4, 2015
Florida
✟5,011.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This is a classic example of the lengths some people will go to to misrepresent a person's credibility.

The part of the book from which this is taken is here:

It is a PDF, so I cannot copy/paste the entire context. But please take a few minutes to read the context.

Also, there is this extended quote from:
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Margaret_Sanger
Always to me any aroused group was a good group, and therefore I accepted an invitation to talk to the women's branch of the Ku Klux Klan at Silver Lake, New Jersey, one of the weirdest experiences I had in lecturing. [...] Never before had I looked into a sea of faces like these. I was sure that if I uttered one word, such as abortion, outside the usual vocabulary of these women they would go off into hysteria. And so my address that night had to be in the most elementary terms, as though I were trying to make children understand.

There are two alternatives to why LivingWorldUnity took and posted a very out of context quote:

• LivingWorldUnity understood the context of his small quote and deliberately took it out of context to smear Margaret Sanger and, by extension, birth control and the abortion movement.
  • LivingWorldUnity blindly cut and pasted from an anti-abortion and did not know it was completely out of context.

I don't know which is worse.

Upvote 0