When I feel bad I like to

shinkou

Mar 17, 2011
✟8,293.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think many of us have some time when we are feeling bad. I think we have a different way to feel better. So I think maybe we can share some idea about how to feel better. Maybe we can learn the new way to feel good.

When I feel bad I really like to sing. I think it is the best way for me to feel better. Usually first I will sing, then second I pray.

Singing to God always makes me feel much better when I feel bad.

What about the other people? I wonder what do you do to feel better?

Lord Herdsetk

What were they thinking?
Dec 4, 2010
Alabama
✟16,810.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'll either exercise or narrate a couple of stories. Narrating and editing it to video form is really soothing for me.

That or I'll watch some youtube videos.

Well I've always been working on a novel on the side. I have a good idea of where I want it to go, its just piecing the characters together to fit within the plot is a lot harder said than done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Depends on what the 'bad' is. If it's anger or frustration, then typically music, video games, getting out of the house and going for a walk, etc. If it's sadness or depression, then it's usually music (again) or watching something that either fits the mood or is more of a comedy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit of an emotional eater as well.. :sorry:
I try to go out and have a walk or run or something though. Like when I used to not live in the city I'd go to a forest with the intention of kicking trees or something but then ended up not doing it but rather just being there and seeing all the scenery and calming down. That was awesome. Too bad the central park doesn't quite do the trick.
It often also helps angsting to a good friend, it just has to be the right friend for the moment and in the right mood as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
When I feel bad, I like to:
~ crochet...seriously, it can really relax me...so relaxing sometimes, I could fall asleep.
~ if I'm really upset, I'd listen to some music...classical or instrumental.
~ work around the house.
~ hop online and talk to someone.
~ go up to my room and cry (this one is only if I'm in a depressed bad mood).
~ read/listen to the bible or listen to a sermon.

Upvote 0
May 18, 2011
✟7,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a great listening cd out there called Declaration's Of God's Word. It is scripture set to praise and worship music. Whenever I am feeling down or have a struggle that I am facing I always find comfort in being able to listen to these at work and at home.

Reactions: Revived
Upvote 0

Tehchad

YOU! are awesome!
Nov 24, 2008
Colorado
✟18,194.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm naturally a quiet person. I have a couple of places that I like to go and just be alone to pray. I live very near the mountains, so one place is just over the ridge from town. Other not-so-quiet places are at my small group - listening to other Christians talk about God/faith/last night it was Kingdom Theology/etc, directing at church, and even playing poker with certain people. It's a nice place to remember that I'm home.

Upvote 0