KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I remember when we were told as the rich get richer so will we --- whats the use - they lied to us.

funny-glass-wine-trickle-down-economics.jpg

At the end, all the glasses under the top glass crack and break into pieces, and then they're blamed for being lazy and not working hard enough.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Jarvis

Quoth The Raven
Mar 24, 2013
Chesterfield
Visit site
✟16,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If it were all shared equally there'd be little difference for the common man.

I'm not sure that that is correct. For the disparity on a scale shown in the report to occur there must have been significant changes in capitalism in recent years.

Commentators have found that some of the following indicators have gained importance:

The preoccupation with share price rather than long term sustainability of industry ( brought in part about by managers having a vested interest in share value through enhanced salary packages).

Selling of of community assets to private individuals so removing common ownership and placing the assets into private ownership.

Legislative changes giving tax incentives to the wealthy while limiting employees rights.

A belief that consumerism can meet all the populus needs. Remember to show your spouse / kids how much love them by buying them ----​

What we seem to have today is a diminution on belonging in favour of the accumulation of belongings. Coupled with a sense of grab as much as you can and expect everyone to do the same.

So we become preoccupied with the acquisition of money possessions fame and appearance, and abandon common sense. Possessions become an indicator of how successful you are. The rich sell us what we perceive we need to be successful and in return we give them all our money.

Upvote 0

Locutus

May 28, 2014
✟22,874.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
So we become preoccupied with the acquisition of money possessions fame and appearance, and abandon common sense. Possessions become an indicator of how successful you are. The rich sell us what we perceive we need to be successful and in return we give them all our money.

Well said.

Not sure if we've lost common sense, though, or even 'belonging'. The roots might properly be tracked back to the industrial revolution, but the (rotten) fruit wasn't seen until the 1950's - that most destructive of decades. The 1960's saw the first awareness of how wrong we were going in terms of consumerism and values, but it was too little too late.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,973.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
99% of the worlds wealth is owned by 1%.

The report is here >>> https://www.oxfam.org/sites/www.oxf...-wealth-having-all-wanting-more-190115-en.pdf

I remember when we were told as the rich get richer so will we --- whats the use - they lied to us.

That's because if you follow the bread crumbs of profit, you will come to a conclusion that money comes from the cheap labor of the poor/less fortunate.

The rich cannot exist without the cheap labor of the poor being exploited.

The poor thinks the rich gives them jobs but the reality is, the poor gives the rich man their private jets, mansions, drugs, party all day, super cars, etc.

So by "saving" the poor from starving to death, the rich gets planes and untold luxury and the poor lives in misery. I think I would rather die knowing that hope is just an illusion in this world.

Rich men are nothing but thieves even if they got their wealth without breaking the laws.....because man's laws are not God's!

Notice how Christ called the merchants outside the temple *thieves*!!

Upvote 0