What's your most shocking scene in a film?

LovesToRead

My peace I give you. Don't be afraid.
Sep 22, 2005
This world is not my home....Heaven is where my he
✟69,259.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, I shock easily, so I'm not reading this thread....just posting. Although, I did see that one post above about Calypso, and I'm not THAT easy to shock! LOL

Anyway....hmmmm, well, how about in Alien, when you first see the "chestbusters"....

How about many of the scenes in Jurassic Park....the first one that is

Or, when I was little....any time that Wicked Witch would appear in OZ...shudders!

Oh, and how about in Terminator 2 when you find out the truth about Arnold's character and about the new guy to show up from the future. Faints!

I'm trying to write these in a way not to give spoilers, even though I know these are older movies...there still may be those who haven't seen them yet.

Good thread...too bad I'm too skittish to read it!

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The end of 6th sense:
Why?
Why what?
Why did you leave me?
I didn't leave you....
ring drops and rolls across the floor.
the kids voice rings in his mind:
Sometimes they don't know....

The blinding light in the theaters as everyone figured it out.

Upvote 0

colinlindsay

Jul 30, 2005
✟8,307.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Definitely a number of items in Sixth Sense.

A very well-made film relying on art rather than gore.
When the kid says to Bruce Willis, "I'm ready to tell you my secret" (hair stands up on my neck)
It's almost an anti-climax when he says "I see dead people"
Then "from time to time?"
Reply - "No, always"

Upvote 0

IzzyPop

I wear my sunglasses at night...
Jun 2, 2007
✟22,709.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Meh, I ended up irritating everyone around me in the theater when I turn to my friend (who had already seen it and said how awesome it was and I would never see the twist coming...) and said "He's dead." right after the dinner scene with his wife...I had a pretty good idea prior to that, but I knew it then.

Upvote 0

Merciel

Mar 8, 2007
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟8,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, Jigsaw being that supposedly dead guy on the floor was quite a surprise.

The scene from a movie that totally caught me by surprise was at the end of Passion of the Christ when the main character (I forgot His name) comes back to life. That totally blew my mind!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What scene completely caught you by surprise in a film, leaving your breathless or exhausted or maybe dumbfounded.
The way Brad Pitt left the first scene of "Meet Joe Black" caught me by surprise, too.

"Jacob's Ladder" left me feeling pretty exhausted, probably because it was a lot like the bad acid trips I'd had.

I was dragged to "The Crying Game" before everyone knew about her little secret - I can be a bit slow, so that one surprised me.

Anything by Michael Moore leaves me dumbfounded at what a [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] he is.

But the all-time worst case of feeling like I got run over a truck after a movie has to go to "The Passion of the Christ". Mel did such a great job.

Upvote 0

oneamanda2

Jul 19, 2007
✟7,745.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are a few in the movie "Taking Lives" but the most memorable one to me is when Angelina Jolie is stabbed in her pregnant belly with scissors. Even though you late rfind out that she is not really pregnant, it was just sick and disgusting.

Also there is a scene in the movie Sublime where a nurse is using scissors to cut this guy's fingers off and the little flaps of skin in between them, it made me want to throw up.

Sorry if that was too graphic for anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.