• 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

• 101-110

• 111-120

• 121-130

• 131-140

• 141-160

• Above 160 (PM me with proof, or your vote doesn't count.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Just like in the world at large almost everyone here has an IQ in the 90-105 range.
You mean here or where you live?

If you mean here, I think the results have more than proved that wrong.

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Just like in the world at large almost everyone here has an IQ in the 90-105 range. Generally speaking you're not going to take a real IQ test unless your school thinks you're mentally handicapped or you've demonstrated yourself a prodigy of some kind and they'd like a metric on how far that goes.

This.

It is laughable that people are basing their intelligence off a 20-question test. My post about my special needs sister's IQ test - a real IQ test - shows that the link should not be relied on. Plus, for the record, a privately administered real IQ test is expensive - I believe my parents paid $600 for her testing.

Upvote 0

Neve

Always even
Jul 27, 2006
Corona
✟14,608.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You mean here or where you live?

If you mean here, I think the results have more than proved that wrong.

The results are self-reported based on shady online tests - of course, they are off. Unless everyone can upload real IQ test results, we can't say with certainty the results for this forum.

But - in the end - IQ is just a number. It doesn't say what you can do with the intelligence and abilities you were given.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just like in the world at large almost everyone here has an IQ in the 90-105 range. Generally speaking you're not going to take a real IQ test unless your school thinks you're mentally handicapped or you've demonstrated yourself a prodigy of some kind and they'd like a metric on how far that goes.

What do you mean "real" IQ test? My school records show at least 3 IQ scores (labeled as such) -- Lorge-Thorndyke (133 in 1968), Otis-Lennon (144 in 1970), and Otis-Lennon (141 in 1972). Plus, "IQ societies" usually view pre-1995 SAT and PSAT scores as surrogates for IQ.

Certainly things have changed significantly in the world of education since my school days. Perhaps IQ testing is among those changes. Back then, everyone took those tests. My grandparents, father, and uncle all worked as teachers and/or school administrators back then, and I know it was unusual for them to encounter school records that did NOT include at least one IQ score.

Upvote 0

NorrinRadd

Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The results are self-reported based on shady online tests - of course, they are off. Unless everyone can upload real IQ test results, we can't say with certainty the results for this forum.

But - in the end - IQ is just a number. It doesn't say what you can do with the intelligence and abilities you were given.

It is also not a direct measure of intelligence, since psychologists and psychometricians are not unanimous as to what "intelligence" even IS. IQ tests measure certain abilities that are generally regarded as being representative of "intelligence," and (at least at some points in history) were closely associated with "success," especially in western society. But two people with the same IQ can have significantly different actual aptitudes that get averaged out and hidden in the single "IQ" number.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
95-105 is going to be the average. Here in this thread you have the issue of selection bias. For one, the more intelligent are more likely to have reliable access to internet and the ability to utilize it effectively for message boards etc. (Working at a public library I see many people every day, and not only the elderly, for whom even simple technological literacy is a real challenge - and they are of average intelligence). You also have the selection bias from the simple fact that few are going to be willing to admit they scored poorly on the test. One doesn't brag about getting a C or D, but about getting an A. The mean and median (on a bell curve) on a statistically reliable IQ test, as administered by psychologist or school counselor, etc. will always be 95-105 - 100 is the peak of the bell curve for the test - that's the way they were created. If the curve moves off that center point then the test is inaccurate and/or unreliable.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I got 146 on the originally posted one and 132 on the second. I don't think mine is that high. I'm remembering a more realistic 120 on a test I took a long time ago.

I was in the gifted program, which was more of a special projects program at my middle school. I was also invited to join MENSA at some point, but they seemed more interested in the membership dues than anything so I declined.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
95-105 is going to be the average. Here in this thread you have the issue of selection bias. For one, the more intelligent are more likely to have reliable access to internet and the ability to utilize it effectively for message boards etc. (Working at a public library I see many people every day, and not only the elderly, for whom even simple technological literacy is a real challenge - and they are of average intelligence). You also have the selection bias from the simple fact that few are going to be willing to admit they scored poorly on the test. One doesn't brag about getting a C or D, but about getting an A. The mean and median (on a bell curve) on a statistically reliable IQ test, as administered by psychologist or school counselor, etc. will always be 95-105 - 100 is the peak of the bell curve for the test - that's the way they were created. If the curve moves off that center point then the test is inaccurate and/or unreliable.
I know. The thing I'm interested in is how different CF Singles is from the average. I know we're an unusual group of people... so I was expecting the internet to have a different average or at least a different balance.

And I created the poll anonymous so that if people think their score is too low, they can vote and nobody has to know about it :)

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know. The thing I'm interested in is how different CF Singles is from the average. I know we're an unusual group of people...

tumblr_mgqt6pKYi21r3d8abo1_r1_500.gif

Reactions: Miles
Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I decided I wanted to join MENSA back in the late 80's, so I had my IQ tested. The score came back at 154. I joined, but soon realized that MENSA is basically a bunch of Prima Donna's who solve nothing and just sit around trying to convince everyone of their intellect and superiority. So, I quit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NorrinRadd

Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I decided I wanted to join MENSA back in the late 80's, so I had my IQ tested. The score came back at 154. I joined, but soon realized that MENSA is basically a bunch of Prima Donna's who solve nothing and just sit around trying to convince everyone of their intellect and superiority. So, I quit.

My informal observation over a few decades is that when a contestant on "Jeopardy" has Mensa membership listed as one of the things on the background sheet that Alex reads, that contestant usually proves to be mediocre.

I wonder if people who "like" Mensa are in fact too self-impressed with the fact THAT they were admitted to Mensa.

Upvote 0

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My informal observation over a few decades is that when a contestant on "Jeopardy" has Mensa membership listed as one of the things on the background sheet that Alex reads, that contestant usually proves to be mediocre.

I wonder if people who "like" Mensa are in fact too self-impressed with the fact THAT they were admitted to Mensa.

I dont know. I like to tell everyone I was "young and stupid" when I joined. Really, at 21 it sounded "cool" to be in a "think tank". (Yes, I was a nerd). Most of the people I met there "specialized" in one or two subjects. Few had any real world experience and very little common sense.

Upvote 0

Orange Crow

Aug 16, 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0