• 71-80

• 81-90

• 91-100

• 101-110

• 111-120

• 121-130

• 131-140

• 141-160

• Above 160 (PM me with proof, or your vote doesn't count.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The "gifted" program at my school consisted of coloring book sheets. Mind you, I was in eighth grade. I didn't want to spend 45 minutes of every school day using crayons to make pretty pictures.
That...sounds like a Special Ed class, not Gifted. At least not from my experience. But teacher competency is probably a factor.

Our district has/had strong Honors, Magnet, and Gifted programs, so they all fed into each other. Even when I was in elementary school, the Gifted program was more topical and by the end of the year consisted of the students actually doing research projects that pertained to a theme. That Gifted programs engage in alternative learning strategies is obvious on its face, but it still put average/above-average responsibilities for learning on the student.

With the one I attended in elementary, it was actually an out-day, where once a week, the students would be picked up from school and taken to the Gifted center, have a day's worth of activities around the designated yearly theme, and then go back to the school at the end of the day. The Gifted elective I took in 8th grade (which I took only because I didn't want to be forced to take gym) was nothing like the one from elementary, and bore more resemblance to what I'd assume is a Sociology or a general Humanities class, now that I think about it. It was also part of the larger Magnet program (IMAST) I was in, so that naturally played into it too.

There was also one year - I think it may have been 1st or 2nd grade - where the school put me in a Speech class because my pronunciation sounded 'dutchy' (to use my family's wording). From what I can remember of it, that bore more resemblance to what you described, as it shared the Special Education classroom and the groupings weren't all that cohesive. But after a couple months I didn't have to go anymore - considering my age at the time, I don't know if it was because I grew out of it or what. Considering that I was also put into advanced groups at my regular elementary school throughout this time, I doubt it had anything to do with them thinking any problems with speech = learning disability.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I always hated the number questions. I have trouble seeing patterns in numbers :(

There are a handful of tricks to answer those correctly.

If someone taught you those tricks it does not show you are smarter.

If you figured them out on your own (completely, often one sort of figures them out from hints and the like) then you are smarter than the people making the test. So the test is like lab rats deciding which researcher is the smartest.

And even lacking the tricks I would do well on the number series questions.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
My school had a gifted program.

It started in 3rd grade. It was an hour a week. My parents decided it just wasn't worth it and home-schooled me.

I almost flunked first grade for sleeping in class (well it was boring! And I was up late reading!) And... they decided an hour of gifted classes each week when I reached 3rd grade wasn't going to fix the problem.

I was diagnosed with a reading problem at one point.

In hindsight I'm convinced the issue was the school reading materials were boring beyond belief.

I have been told I was a royal pain in math at about the 3rd or 4th grade. Huge problem until my mom cut a deal with the teacher. If I did the class work and had time left over I could then work on math puzzles mom would send with me.

I also learned to no respect teachers when I answered the question:

Express this number in some other form

I think they wanted something like VI.

No one could convince the teacher that 110 (base 2) was a correct answer.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
✟7,681.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I actually don't know my IQ . . . . but it was tested when I was in elementary school in order to get into the Talented and Gifted program. I've never actually seen the score with my own eyes, and I'm not sure how I would test now, but I was told once by one of my school counselors that I had tested at MENSA levels. Which isn't too hard to believe, since I tested in the 98-99% on COGATS and Iowa Skills testing, and I tested at a post-high school reading level in 7th grade. I did the GMATs and GREs when I was applying to grad school a few years ago (I've since finished my masters degree), and my math could use some work (which I contribute to being out of practice on anything more than arithmetic) but my verbal score were in the top 10% and my written scores for both were the highest score they give. So . . . . all that to say I'm really smart - but I don't know how smart according to IQ.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,756.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Bahahaha- no way this is accurate, but I like it!

EDIT: Tried to add my little sticker and it said I did in preview but it's not showing. Oh well, I got 144.

Either that or being on Christian Forums makes people really smart. Seems the average here is about 130, which is 2 standard deviations above normal so only about 2.2% of the population is that high or higher.

Reactions: Neve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My theory is that smart people are drawn to internet forums. I know I would rather spend an hour debating on an internet forum than window shopping at the mall...

Agreed.

As for the poll, I didn't vote because I don't know what my IQ is. I took a test once years ago but don't remember what the result was. It would probably different now anyway.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Agreed.

As for the poll, I didn't vote because I don't know what my IQ is. I took a test once years ago but don't remember what the result was. It would probably different now anyway.
Yeah. Ok, now I'm really curious what yours is ^_^

If you want to take a test, this seems to be one of the best I've found: IQ Tests | Timed IQ Tests | 5 Minute IQ Test

I may put a link to it into the original post.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Her IQ is right up there with Einstein. Like, 160's, maybe even 170. :D
Nah. I was thinking, like, up there with mine...

Lol jk. I would say in the 130s, or 140s? if I had to guess. But then I don't know her as well as you do.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well that's the thing. She's smarter than my psychologist. And my doctor. And most nutritionists. She did all that without staying at a Holiday Inn. I mean, she might've, but she doesn't watch House either. That's some serious intelligence right there.

Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0

AztecSDSU

Apr 14, 2014
✟1,989.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Just like in the world at large almost everyone here has an IQ in the 90-105 range. Generally speaking you're not going to take a real IQ test unless your school thinks you're mentally handicapped or you've demonstrated yourself a prodigy of some kind and they'd like a metric on how far that goes.

Upvote 0