Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What's wrong with me? What is it about myself that makes my heart and soul go out to people whom the rest of the world has rejected, disowned, and generally keeps their distance from (some for good reason)? What is it that is so wrong with me that "draws" me to these kind of people?

Why do I put myself through so much heartache, anguish, pain and misery and suffering over the (future projected or current) plight of these kind of people? Why do I feel so strongly about helping them, even if they are the type of person that mistreats, disrespects, abuses & uses and myself and other people? Why can't I "let them go"?

Why do I still love them?

Is there something wrong with me, or with the rest of the world? And what do you do, when you are trying to help two of these same kind of people out, who are all but mortal enemies, and one get's mad at you, over helping the other, or the other way around, when they are so, so much alike?

What's wrong with me?

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's wrong with me? What is it about myself that makes my heart and soul go out to people whom the rest of the world has rejected, disowned, and generally keeps their distance from (some for good reason)? What is it that is so wrong with me that "draws" me to these kind of people?

Why do I put myself through so much heartache, anguish, pain and misery and suffering over the (future projected or current) plight of these kind of people? Why do I feel so strongly about helping them, even if they are the type of person that mistreats, disrespects, abuses & uses and myself and other people? Why can't I "let them go"?

Is there something wrong with me, or with the rest of the world? And what do you do, when you are trying to help two of these same kind of people out, who are all but mortal enemies, and one get's mad at you, over helping the other, or the other way around, when they are so, so much alike?

What's wrong with me?
There's nothing wrong with compassion, brother, and everything that is right. You need to take care of yourself, too, though. Even Jesus went off by himself to talk with the Father when he needed time alone.

You may need to examine yourself here. If you want to help a friend, you do not need permission from another friend. You do not need a reason. So don't give one. You may be wearing yourself out defending yourself against attacks that have no power.

And you need to learn how to say "no" effectively. Your "yes" means nothing if you can't say no.

Would you like to talk about a specific event and troubleshoot it? The way you react to a situation is important.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟651,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
A great testimony, it is that what I look for Neogaia777 yet you have all that that is the opposite of the harsh heart and the hatred, may God bless you.

Amen to that! I'd say there's nothing wrong with Neogaia777 at all, but he/she finds it hard to believe that it's normal to want to help others when other people see it as strange.

I think what Neogaia777 has is a gift.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What's wrong with me?

That is called being a normal Christian. It seems like you are doing God's command... that is to "love your neighbour as you love yourself".

But remember in this command, God wants you to love yourself as well, so in this situation I hope you find balance.

Keep up the good work. Godbless..

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What's wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with what you are saying but ... there may be something wrong with you. You must remember above all things that when you aren't involving a Christian you are dealing with the world -- fallen flesh. Jesus told his disciples about dealing with the world: "I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves." Are you drawn to people with problems? Are you setting yourself up to be a victim? We are told to love our neighbor and to turn the other cheek, but that cheek may be struck! You must be on your guard and not expect those who are not in Christ to be guided by the Holy Spirit.

As well, you should be guided by the Holy Spirit. Many, many people followed Jesus but he chose only some to be healed, to become his disciples, etc. Go and do likewise.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is good to hear of your good spirit, friend. Let me just add that one always needs to be in conformity to the mind of God, so we need to know the Scripture and apply the truth of it always, and not just certain verses. Study the Word, dear friend, pray much as 2 Cor. 10:5, and trust the Lord for leading.

Upvote 0