Visit site
✟15,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know. I never understood why there are soooooooo many denominations.

Theres not even much difference in them, why can't we all resolve and get along? There is a greater enemy out there and we are here destroying ourselves. The Enemy has already attacked us, and we care not to heal ourselves.

I dont even know what Christian i am. What does that make me?

Non-denominational?

plus i have a few questions but... um.. what denomination am i suppose to ask?

1) What happens if someone dies without being baptized?
2) Is Jesus the Father?
3) Is the Bible, God?
4) Who Is the Holy Spirit? What is it?
5) Do we still need the Old Testament?
6) Is Lucifer and Satan the same person?
7) In Revelation 2:9 What church is God talking about? To a Jewish Church? What does God mean by "they say they are Jews, but are not."?
I thought the Jews don't believe in Jesus.

Well these are only few of the Many questions..

But my biggest concern is whats up with all the seperation????

Take care. :scratch: :sigh:

Lotar

Swift Eagle Justice
Feb 27, 2003
Southern California
✟19,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Boanerge said:
Beats me.

It matters. If they died before getting the chance then they go to heaven, if they have the chance but deliberately refuse then they might not.

2) Is Jesus the Father?
No, Jesus is the Son, though both along with the Holy Spirit are God.

3) Is the Bible, God?
No, it is His inspired Word.

One of the three persons that are God.

Yes, Christ did not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it.

Yes.

7) In Revelation 2:9 What church is God talking about? To a Jewish Church? What does God mean by "they say they are Jews, but are not."?
There are Jewish Christians. I personally don't like to get into talks about Revelation, so I'll leave that to someone else, I'm sure there's about a million different inturpretations of this passage.

Denominations usually have set beliefs and doctrines, so if some church has a disagreement, they split off and make a new denomination. Mostly it's pride, and people not wanting to admitt that they may be wrong.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Boanerge said:
Theres not even much difference in them, why can't we all resolve and get along? There is a greater enemy out there and we are here destroying ourselves. The Enemy has already attacked us, and we care not to heal ourselves.
So then, you don't like denominations? Too bad. There are some really good ones out there (mine, for instance).

Non-denominational?
Do you go to church?

I'm Southern Baptist but nearly every orthodox denomination agrees on these things.

Depends. If they're a Christian, then they're reconciled to God and go to Heaven. If not, they die in their sins and go to Hell.

2) Is Jesus the Father?
No, the Father is the Father. Jesus is the Son. They are equally divine in nature but are seen in these hierarchical terms as an example to the church to demonstrate our submission to Christ.

3) Is the Bible, God?
No.

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity and is divine, as are the Father and Son. The role of the Holy Spirit is "to baptise", "to seal", and to "lead us into all truth".

Yes.

Yes, this is the same person. The only difference is that, traditionally, Lucifer refers to the Devil before his fall and Satan refers to him after his fall.

7) In Revelation 2:9 What church is God talking about?
The church at Smyrna.

To a Jewish Church? What does God mean by "they say they are Jews, but are not."?
Paul isn't speaking of the church here, but of religious people in the Smyrnan community who were Jews by nationality but who did not hold to either Christian teaching or Jewish law. They were in kind of a no-man's land, pretending to be spiritual but being pagans at heart.

Remember that, in the context of Biblical times, the Jews were the first believers, so you're going to hear about the Jews following Jesus or the Judiaizers quite a lot.

Denominations aren't a bad thing and there isn't really as much seperation as you think.

The Bible tells us that there are certain issues that we have the liberty to disagree on, as long as we understand that they are "non-essential" and that we shouldn't hold our beliefs over another person's head. It's these disagreements, which are perfectly fine by scriptural standards that cause denominations. If you study what denominations believe regarding the "essentials", you'll see that almost all orthodox denom's agree where essentials are concerned.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lotar said:
There are Jewish Christians.
Right, but remember that in this passage, the Jews who are called the synagogue of Satan weren't really Jews or Christians.

Simply put, the gist of this passage is that they weren't Christians because they weren't following Christ and they weren't Jews because they weren't keeping Jewish law. It's a little like what the Bible calls "having a form of religion but denying the power thereof". They claimed to be Christians and they claimed to be of the House of Israel but they were neither. They just kind of created this religious no man's land for themselves and this is what "Synagogue of Satan" referring to.

Upvote 0

Serapha

Jun 29, 2003
✟6,704.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Boanerge said:

Theres not even much difference in them, why can't we all resolve and get along?

Hi there!

:wave:

Two reasons.

1. All churches don't use the same foundation.

2. And those churches that do use the same foundation.... pride.

Boanerge said:
There is a greater enemy out there and we are here destroying ourselves. The Enemy has already attacked us, and we care not to heal ourselves.

Redeemed.

Boanerge said:

Non-denominational?

2) Is Jesus the Father?
3) Is the Bible, God?
4):sigh: Who Is the Holy Spirit? What is it?
1. If they are saved, they will be eternally with the Father in heaven. If they are not saved/redeemed, then the eternal lake of fire awaits them.
2. Jesus and the Father are one, but different persons of the trinity.
3. No.
4. The third person of the trinity, in the form of a spirit, that may indwell the believer, empower the believer, sustain the believer, and convict the unbeliever.
5. yes.
6. no.
7. Those "Jews" were infiltrating the church to destroy the church. They weren't even real "Jews".

~malaka~

Upvote 0

Philip

Orthodoxy: Old School, Hard Core Christianity
Jun 23, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
✟7,106.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
MikeMcK said:
Paul isn't speaking of the church here, but of religious people in the Smyrnan community who were Jews by nationality but who did not hold to either Christian teaching or Jewish law. They were in kind of a no-man's land, pretending to be spiritual but being pagans at heart.

Just to clarify... St. Paul wasn't speaking to anyone in that passage. It was Christ speaking to St John. ;)

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Boanerge said:
They have disobeyed the Lord.

2) Is Jesus the Father?
No. At least not in the sense that it seems you are asking. The Trinity, the Godhead, is a difficult thing to understand. Suffice to say that each, The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, are all equally God yet play a different role in the salvation of man. They are ALWAYS of the same mind. I have a great explanation of the Trinity in my Bible, though it is limited due to Scriptures own lack of indepth description . I'll get it and repost it.

3) Is the Bible, God?
The Bible is the written manifestation of God's Holy Will. It is NOT God, nor is it a god. It is the written embodiment of the revealed Will of God.

4) Who Is the Holy Spirit?
The third Person of the Trinity.

What is it?
It is God.

Yes.

Yes.

7) In Revelation 2:9 What church is God talking about?
I don't have my Bible handy right now but I will readdress this when I post the explanationof the Trinity.

Well, there has always been separation within the church because there have always been fallen people who would rather seek their own glory than the glory of God. Sad as it is we can rest assured that nothing happens apart from the Will of the Almighty and He will complete His plan to perfection as it was laid down in eternity.

God bless

Reactions: Bruno
Upvote 0

Bruno

happy puppy
Dec 6, 2002
MD, USA
Visit site
✟8,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GREAT answers, Reformationist!!!

If all Christians followed the Holy Bible and ONLY the Holy Bible, which is the TRUE Word of God, this world would be a much better place.

"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided?" (1 Corinthians 1:10-13)

Upvote 0

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Boanerge said:

Non-denominational?

2) Is Jesus the Father?
3) Is the Bible, God?

These questions kind of point to why there are so many denominations. Different denominations believe different things about the holy spirit, baptism, communion, salvation, spiritual gifts, etc.

Since the bible is interpreted different ways by different people, there are bound to be different beliefs based on an honest desire to understand the scriptures. I don't have a problem with having different denominations because I think that it's impossible for everyone to read the scriptures and get the exact same thing out of it as everyone else. I do, however, have a problem with bickering among different denominations and the thought that one denomination is better than another. We are all brothers and sisters in Christ and should treat each other with love.

God bless!
J

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Boanerge

Son of Thunder
Nov 20, 2003
Bronx
Visit site
✟15,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
to: MikeMK
Yes I go to Church. I go to "Church of God" in the Bronx. i think its pentacostal. a Spanish speaking church.

I agree, this denomination church split thing is all about pride and arrogance and Never wanted to be wrong. Not knowing the difference between the Voice of God and the Voice of ones own desires.

Now, alot of the things that i say are mostly against my own religion's doctrines.
But i am not a religious leader, i am a servent of God. If i am wrong i like to be corrected. If i am right i like to Give all the Glory and honor to God.

Many times i found how wrong i have been, Even when correcting a friend, its not easy being right, truth can hurt. and in the process felt as if i myself was my own heretic for knowing what i knew and feeling how i felt.

many things were so difficult to eat because it went against my very foundation of which i rest on. But instead of Building up in knowledge, i crumbled down in total humility before God.

I have noticed that the Spirit of the enemy and the Spirit of God are not different voices, they are spirits, and it is your very own voice that translate what your heart hears from the spirit. So its not about how the voice sounds but what the voice speaks.

But when you are corrected, in spirit and truth. in the end there can only be liberation. When God corrects us, its not to bind us in more burden and earthly laws, for god's law is simple and sound. But His correction actaully cuts the strings and webs that we have tangled ourselves in. Freeing us from Spiritual grief and oppression.

When the Spirit grieves, we dont see it. When we are damning people to hell, yelling at our kids when they do something wrong, but not telling them why. these things grieve the spirit. And only someone is in spirit and truth can we understand when the spirit is upset. And it hurts when you feel how the spirit feels. But then its what we do when we have the truth. Do we leave in anger and curse everyone? or do we find out the source and cast that out from amoung us?

The Voice of God reveals the truth. But what are we to do about it?

This then helped me understand as to why there are people like Martin Luther, Hitler, Joseph Smith, and Why people believe Peter is the head of the Church.
Sometimes it feels like your being like Jesus. Until i read in a verse. "Have a Christ-like Mind". And because of this i feel that if Jesus was here right now, alot of the things that are going on in the church would hurt. But he will not sit around weeping, he will do something about it, even if he has to get martyred again.

Out of my entire struggle, and am still struggling and learning since i am still young, i understood that God never exalts his servants above what they are capable of.
Then it dawned on me as to why Peter was exalted so? The only Servant God exalts is His Son. So then who did Jesus speak to when he told Peter "On this rock I will build my church?" Then i looked at the christians who believe Peter is the first pope. And how They exalt their people and how they use relics and statues in their temples. and Then i wondered how is this God's Church?

Then i noticed how certain churchs practice more rituals than the actual worship of God. Some people do the rituals worshipping God while other follow the rituals to make it seem as they are worshipping.

Isaiah said:
1:11"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to Me?" Says the Lord. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle. I do not delight in the blood of bulls, Or of lambs or goats.
1:12"When you come to appear before Me, Who has required this from your hand, To trample My courts?
1:13Bring no more futile sacrifices; Incense is an abomination to Me. The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies-- I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.
1:14 Your New Moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates; They are a trouble to Me, I am weary of bearing them.
1:15 When you spread out your hands, I will hide My eyes from you; Even though you make many prayers, I will not hear. Your hands are full of blood.
1:16 "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil,
1:17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.
As for peter. I realised that the Rock Jesus was speaking about was the Confidence, the Faith Peter had on Jesus, which can only come from the Father. But Peter was not the only one Who had Faith. God doesnt have favorites. There were other diciples rebuking demons in the name of Jesus, and Jesus did not tell them to stop, but said who ever is not Against Him is For Him. Then i was thinking, isnt it then the Holy Spirit who strengthens us with such Faith?

Isnt it the Holy Spirit who sustains the Life of the Church? isnt it the Holy Spirit that can still know who are of God and who are not even if Christendom is divided into a million pieces? I know the Pope can not keep count. No mater how badly he wants to be the Father of all of Christianity. I know the Pope is not Really Santa Clause, he doesnt know whos being naughty or nice.

So then i realised that it is our Faith, that makes us Christians, what ever Jesus blessed Peter with, we also have that. Now if faith is the key, then the key is Unseen. The Key is spiritual. Faith also has the ability to Heal and Hurt. It takes Faith to believe in Demons. It takes Faith to Curse others. But it also takes Faith to be healed, it takes Faith to rebuke demons, it takes Faith to bring forth blessings.

Then i start to realise what Jesus Meant by Binding and Loosing. and Where is Heaven? Where is the Kingdom of God? It is within us. It is Spirit. Faith can help us have faith in the mist of the storm. But Faith can also make us fool our brothers and sisters to justify something we all know is wrong, but the bible doesnt clearly state it.

It took Faith for malicious people to put together the bible, in such a way that it can justify certain lies when it came out into the truth. I dont mean that the bible tells lies.. but verses can be added and taken away, in pamphlets and and the such to justify something you know can not be of God. Such as homosexuality or killing.

Faith can Bind Demons and Loose Demons, Faith can Bind Peace, and Loose Peace. The Roman Catholic Church, i dont mean to be harsh, are abusers of the Key. First they make us believe that we dont have such a key, and second their vain rituals binds our peace. Making us think we are Sinners and never anything more than that. And The Catholic Church split... And it Split some more... and it Split some more.. But the scars of the Catholic Church still ran inside, even to those who are total opposites of the Catholic Church.

therefore When i rebuke the catholic Church, I also rebuke the Protestant and Eastern Churchs that hold on to the Vain Doctrines. In the Name of Jesus, we will get closer to God. And clean us of any dirt that has dragged us down for so long.

Upvote 0

Boanerge

Son of Thunder
Nov 20, 2003
Bronx
Visit site
✟15,810.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why now? God has used many people to Rebuke the Catholic Church, But then Pride confused them. We barely understood what Faith and the Holy Spirit really meant. But now that we are farther from the Teachings of the Catholic Church, we can see Jezabel for who she really is. I dont say the Church is Jezabel but the Spirit can feel this virus infecting the Church. Which is why there has been these seperations. God is Isolating the Infection. Will we be one with the infection and be destroyed with it also?

the Yoke of the Lord is not burdensome. But i see how the catholic Church and its teachings oppress the souls of only those who want to get closer to God. Yes they are near Him, but they can be even closer but they have been taught that they can not.

Luke said:
18:16 But Jesus called them to Him and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of God.
Fasting to settle differences not to ask God to smite them for their heresies.

Isaiah said:
58:4 Indeed you fast for strife and debate, And to strike with the fist of wickedness. You will not fast as you do this day, To make your voice heard on high.
58:5 Is it a fast that I have chosen, A day for a man to afflict his soul? Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush, And to spread out sackcloth and ashes? Would you call this a fast, And an acceptable day to the Lord?
58:6 "Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, To undo the heavy burdens, To let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?
58:7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out; When you see the naked, that you cover him, And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
Loter said:

It matters. If they died before getting the chance then they go to heaven, if they have the chance but deliberately refuse then they might not.
What is the Chance? someone approaching a dying soul with a bucket of blessed water? What if it is an ethiopian in the middle of the desert? where will you find the water? Saliva? If someone knows EXACTLY who jesus is and STILL refuses Him, then they have a problem in thier hands. Because what happens when you Reject Life?

As for us, we dont need to see a person accept christ, it does not concern us, it concerns God, the giver of Life. Our mission is to preach the TRUTH, leading others to the Way. living the life of Life.

MikeMK said:
Depends. If they're a Christian, then they're reconciled to God and go to Heaven. If not, they die in their sins and go to Hell.
Really? So if someone has never been a member of a church, God is going to just let them rot in Hell? God is Just. And if a Christian never preached to this individual about the True God, and that individual leaves the Christian with more hatred than peace, who is accountable? How can a person die in their sins when they do not even know what sin is?? God will judge him, but not according to the our Law, instead according to the law of his heart.

We have to becareful with our replies. someone might take the answer the wrong way. God didnt call us to make the Blind EVEN MORE blind. He called us to lead them to he who opens eyes. Not to RIP them open ourselves.

Romans said:
2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law
2:13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
2:14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
2:15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
Ever been rebuked by a sinner? One of the wildest thing i have seen under the sun is the conversation between a Corrupted Christian and a Humbled sinner.

The Christian will tell the the non-christian "What do you know? you're nothing but a sinner, a child of the devil!"

and the Sinner would say "Is this what being a christian all about? then you can thank your God that i am not one."

One is lost but doesnt know it, and the other is lost and can't be found. even if she wanted too, she can not, because of the corrupted Christian.

Malaka said:
1. If they are saved, they will be eternally with the Father in heaven. If they are not saved/redeemed, then the eternal lake of fire awaits them.
True, it is salvation. IF the Person who dies Finished coming out of church. After hearing the Word of God, felt a conviction in his Heart. And decides to get water baptised in a few months. Lets say he was in a gang. He goes to let his old family know that he will no longer be in the Gang. There is a chance that they free him or send him to the hospital. Should we forbid him salvation for not being submerged in water? But the Holy Spirit has already done that! By the tears of his own heart, who confessed that Jesus Christ IS the Lord, His heart has been submerged in water. By His actions it shows that he has chosen to repent and CHANGE his ways. Leaving his Old Family, the Gang, denying his Old Self, to do what he felt was right in his heart. burying his past sins and mistakes, and ressurecting as a New person is Christ in spirit. This is the Baptism. If he dies without dipping in the bathtub, God already knows his heart.

Reformationist said:
They have disobeyed the Lord.
But lets say that our old gang member listens to what God says in church. and has felt a conviction in his heart to repent. But In his own pride and ignorance, of not leaving the drug money and women, he leaves unrepented. God will continue calling him, but if he dies in ignorance for he has heard but did not listen, then he has chosen to be of the world and not of God.

Bruno said:
"Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided?" (1 Corinthians 1:10-13)
Lets put on our Christ-like Mind, Jesus is our Head, not Cephas or Apollos or John Paul II or Martin Luther, But the Lord. There is Only One God. One Christ. One Spirit.
One Creator, One Redeemer, One Sustainer. And whatever is not For God is Against Him. God is not divided, but he Does divide. He divides the Wicked from the Righteous. He divides the weeds from the crops. And the Wicked will recieve his Wrath, and the Righteous His Everlasting Life. But who is wicked, but a person who does not do what the Lord askes them to do?

If God says, or you feel in your heart to give your coat to someone in the streets, but you think it is the enemy trying to make you sick cuz its cold outside, then what truely is going on here? Had you any faith, you will know that giving the homeless man a coat is better than walking pass him. And Faith will protect you. But if you have faith that taking off your coat is going to get you sick, then that you will be. This is Not Gods Faith. Gods Faith is John 3:16, Gods Faith is Acts 5:29, God's Faith is James 1:27, Gods Faith is Stephen and Paul. Gods Faith is Abraham and Peter. Gods Faith is Powerful. Gods Faith overcomes Darkness. God's Faith is amazing.

Janptcfan said:
These questions kind of point to why there are so many denominations. Different denominations believe different things about the holy spirit, baptism, communion, salvation, spiritual gifts, etc.
So then what can i do? I can only speak what i know. Will you reject me? or accept what i have to say? I have said what the Spirit wanted me to say, all i can do is dust off my feet and move on. The Truth is in your hands, i do not know more than you. What i know, and learned, you too know and learn. Searching for God's Voice? Truth and understanding? Search the Bible, it is your basis. the bread, which leads you to life.

But remember this: God is not a book, He is LIVING.

The GREATEST question one should ask themselves is:

"Are The things i'm teaching Simple enough for a Child to Understand? or does she have to take years of meaningless classes just to understand that Jesus is our Lord?"

This is why i try not to use huge vocabulary, it only confuses things. Which is why i fear the Huge religious Guys way up there. But thats ok.. ill stay down here lower to the ground. We all know what happen to the WTC. Think about what God can do to a Prideful heart.

I would use huge vocabulary words if i was speaking to someone who uses them himself, but i speak to sound people, who want straight facts and not a dictionary.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Boanerge said:
But lets say that our old gang member listens to what God says in church. and has felt a conviction in his heart to repent. But In his own pride and ignorance, of not leaving the drug money and women, he leaves unrepented. God will continue calling him, but if he dies in ignorance for he has heard but did not listen, then he has chosen to be of the world and not of God.

Well, obviously we can't say that if they didn't respond to the call of God at that time then they never will. God, according to His own holy council, is pleased to bring to repentence those He has ordained to salvation in all eternity at the time He has appointed them to come. All unregenerate sinners, being dead in their trespasses and sins, seek to rebell against God and flee from His righteousness. It isn't that they, at some point, just realize that they were wrong. On the contrary, if God does not effectually call them then they will continue in their carnal ways and never seek to be obedient to God. When God extends His efficacious grace and quickens them unto life they are now irresistably drawn to the Lord of life, God. He does not "force" them to seek after Him. He has placed within them life and life, like death, seeks it's master. The master of life is God so regenerate people seek God. It is now their nature. Dealing with "what ifs" is really a non issue. There are absolutes. If one is dead in their trespasses and sins then they will never desire to seek after God. When God monergistically regenerates them they are now, by nature, children of light and naturally seek the light.

God bless

Upvote 0

Cary.Melvin

Roman Orthodox
Sep 3, 2003
Ocala, FL
✟1,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Boanerge,

You seem to be calling all Christians to unity and resolve their differences, which is good. But then you go off rebuking the church that contains over a billion Christians in it (i.e. the Catholic Church) (add on another 250 million if you include the Orthodox). When you write off 70% of all Christians from the get go, I don't think your on a very good path to unity.

God Bless

Upvote 0

Icystwolf

Jul 5, 2003
Sydney
✟2,596.00
Faith
Calvinist
Boanerge said:
History....highschool students hate it, because it's boring. Theres history behind the divisions, could be a personal project of yours to research!

Non-denominational?

No problems, I'm non-denominational, hence I call myself "FREELANCER". I don't think the church minds because, they've said it doesn't matter what denomination you enter, so as long as they preach the truth of the Gospels.

God is an understanding God, he knows when a person is born to the person who dies. Being saved isn't about being baptized, being saved is the submission that you're a sinner, being saved by Jesus because of God's salvation. If a baby was born and dies, it can't be said that it is certain to go to heaven or hell, because God is a just God, and though he doesn't change, he is still very unpredictable.

2) Is Jesus the Father?
Jesus said, I am in the father and the father is in me.
There are many interpertations of it, some suggest the trinity, others go for something else.

I think this understanding is not necessary for salvation...hence I don't want to argue it, unless I'm bored.

3) Is the Bible, God?
God spoke to Moses, "I am who I am"

Hence it would mean, he is who he is....which means God is bigger than anything ever...
A messenger, a helper.........anything more can only be described by what it has done.

Yes, it is very important, because the mystery of the old testament, proves the Glory of Jesus, plus the New Testament glorifies the Old Testament, and the Old Testament glorifies the New Testament. Hence both are needed to understand the promise, and new Covernant from God in comparison with the old Covernant.

Yeh

Christians are true Jews. It's just that if we start calling ourselves Jews, the jews will complain about how they're lacking in identity, pull up curses and court orders.
Then go on media, and somehow relate this incident back to WW2 and hitler. Everytime a (wordly)jew is accused on media, they always relate back to the holocaust....I can guarentee you on that!...lol...the palenstinian crisis...holocaust and terror, Egyptian pulling up law suit, they also pull up a lawsuit for 400yrs of slavery, and relate slavery and torture in the concentration camps........... no offence, but it's what I keep seeing in the media.

Seperation, I struggle with it as well but hey, with got God. Right?:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Boanerge said:
Really? So if someone has never been a member of a church, God is going to just let them rot in Hell?
It has nothing to do with being a member of a church. There are Christians who don't go to church and there are plenty of people in churches all over this country who don't know Christ.

God will judge him, but not according to the our Law, instead according to the law of his heart.
I agree. I don't know that anyone has said otherwise.

Upvote 0

jenptcfan

My cup runneth over
Jun 15, 2002
✟14,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Boanerge said:
Why now? God has used many people to Rebuke the Catholic Church, But then Pride confused them. We barely understood what Faith and the Holy Spirit really meant. But now that we are farther from the Teachings of the Catholic Church, we can see Jezabel for who she really is. I dont say the Church is Jezabel but the Spirit can feel this virus infecting the Church. Which is why there has been these seperations. God is Isolating the Infection. Will we be one with the infection and be destroyed with it also?

the Yoke of the Lord is not burdensome. But i see how the catholic Church and its teachings oppress the souls of only those who want to get closer to God. Yes they are near Him, but they can be even closer but they have been taught that they can not.

Fasting to settle differences not to ask God to smite them for their heresies.

So then what can i do? I can only speak what i know. Will you reject me? or accept what i have to say? I have said what the Spirit wanted me to say, all i can do is dust off my feet and move on. The Truth is in your hands, i do not know more than you. What i know, and learned, you too know and learn. Searching for God's Voice? Truth and understanding? Search the Bible, it is your basis. the bread, which leads you to life.

But remember this: God is not a book, He is LIVING.

The GREATEST question one should ask themselves is:

"Are The things i'm teaching Simple enough for a Child to Understand? or does she have to take years of meaningless classes just to understand that Jesus is our Lord?"
While I don't agree with a lot of Catholic theology, I don't think this post encourages unity between Catholics and Protestants (and I thought you were concerned about so much division between religions).

The Bible teaches us that if we see that one of our brothers or sisters in Christ is being led astray, we should contront them about it. BUT anytime we do this, we're taught that it should be done in love. The holy spirit will not lead you to rebuke anyone without giving you the capacity to do in a loving way.

Upvote 0

TwinCrier

Double Blessed and spreading the gospel
Oct 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟24,778.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why would anyone be surprised that there are so many different denominations? People are going to believe different things and interpret things differently. Are they wrong? Maybe, but i certainly don't want to take away anyone's right to be different. There are some countries where only one religion is permitted and I don't view that as unification. I'm glad there are so many denominations. It shows that people have liberty to choose how they worship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.