What's the weather like where you are? (8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

faithinlife

Feb 18, 2009
USA
✟186,480.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
The month of August here has been ending with some intervals of stormy weather and so far over 2" of rain. Weather also has been sunny and in upper 80's. Should have more rain or storms later today and on Mon., Labor Day. Temps. next week should be cooler.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Trailltrader

May 26, 2013
Lakewood, WA
✟14,883.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I pray that God provides enough good weather for me to ride my motorcycle home from the repair shop (where its been for the past 3 months!!) to get it home- or I'll have to pay storage fee's throughout the winter as I won't ride in the cold and wet of the Pacific Northwest

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I'd be very happy to send some of that "cool" to Oklahoma! (and to Texas too, if you'd like it kaykay!) Hope you both get more bearable temps soon. :)

Cool here again today; okay outside, but inside it's too much for 1st September, and the front of the house is single-glazed. (Praying for double-glazing before winter! :D)

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My car thermometer showed 108 at one point today...glad August is OVER!!! :hot:

Fascinating thought, that. Because of something that came up earlier, I bought a thermometer at a truck stop. It has indoor/outdoor capability, but because of the something that came up I put the outdoor sensor in the cargo section of the van. I've had daytime readings of 125 degrees back there when the van has been sitting any length of time.

About the "something that came up"--- A few weeks back I turned down a run because it required temperature control that I suspected I could not do. Keeping the temps in the cargo section at or near 65 degrees on an overnight run, when the low for the night would be no lower than 78-- I had a suspicion that wasn't going to happen. So, a few days later I bought this thermometer so I could find out for sure. I was right, it wasn't going to happen. My air conditioner works, but not that good. It makes it survivable in the van, but--- 65??? On the hottest night of the year? Going to Kentucky??? Not going to happen.

Right now, 80F under partly cloudy skies. Going down to 62 tonight with a 40 percent chance of rain, 74 tomorrow under hazy skies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.