What's the catch on Bernie Sanders?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He seems to be the best candidate for President. He wants to make tuition free and lower the interest rate of school loans which, I've personally been groaning about this for forever.

He wants to raise minimum wage to $15 an hour.

He wants to raise taxes on the middle and upper class to pay for this (which is going to make many Americans not vote for him *eyeroll*

He's for keeping our social security the same.

Voted against the war in Iraq.

The only thing he's standing for that I'm against is Gay and transgender rights but, 1. I can't have everything. 2. He means it in a good way.

As far as I know he isn't for necromancy like Hilary is.

This... candidate just seems perfect and such a massive improvement over Hilary. What's the catch? It's very rare that I see a person run for president who SEEMINGLY cares about the American people and not about fattening his huge wallet. I really wish I could vote, But I can't.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem ( as I see it is) Basically as someone once said you will run out of other people's money. In other words, forcefully re-descuiting wealth will never work over the long-term.

By the way, if you do not mind me asking why can you not vote? I asks because short of voting in cases where people CANNOT people who will not drive me crazy, but there are various ways you can be active and maybe encourage OTHERS to vote who do support him.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
The problem ( as I see it is) Basically as someone once said you will run out of other people's money. In other words, forcefully re-descuiting wealth will never work over the long-term.
True. After the money is redistributed it ends up back in the hands of the rich.

Why should people in need deserve any redistribution when they are simply giving it back to the rich?

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He seems to be the best candidate for President. He wants to make tuition free and lower the interest rate of school loans which, I've personally been groaning about this for forever.
He wants to raise taxes on the middle and upper class to pay for this (which is going to make many Americans not vote for him
It doesn't make any politician special simply because he promises 'free stuff' that you want and which would be paid for by money confiscated from other people. The fact that he cannot deliver on any of this should be more important to you.

Reactions: Thursday
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

By the way, if you do not mind me asking why can you not vote? I asks because short of voting in cases where people CANNOT people who will not drive me crazy, but there are various ways you can be active and maybe encourage OTHERS to vote who do support him.

I cannot vote because, I'm a dual citizen (in Canada anyway I'm American Born Abroad here) and I don't want to give up my Canadian Citizenship and my freedom to move back and forth between countries. If I vote or join the military in either country, apparently that's showing loyalty to that country *eyeroll* and they do not recognize dual citizenship in this country anyway. You're either American or you're not.

So basically, if I move to Canada and vote in Canada I can't go back to America or, if I vote in America, Canadians won't recognize me as Canadian since I showed loyalty to another country. Even, if I was born in Canada and am technically a Canadian (in my eyes anyway). I'm only really American on paper. So, if I were to choose to be a voter, I'd probably vote in a Canadian Election. But, I would only do that if I truly never wanted to return to the US.

TLDR: The law in both countries is stupid when it comes to voting and I love my freedom to be able to live in whatever country I please.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What did you do with the money you received? You gave it somebody else, didn't you....
Moreover, if I know that I do not have to work why would I?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's true, I shouldn't blindly believe anyone running for president but, would you honestly rather Trump or Clinton? Especially when what Hilary's husband did in office? Not JUST the Monicka Lewinsky Scandal. He also lied on numerous other occasions and launched a intercontinental missile without permission. I mean, imagine if it was nuclear! Imagine him as "first man". I can't. If it's Trump vs Clinton please lord, give Presidency to Trump.

I mean, what Sanders SAYS he's going to do would benefit America as a whole most. Whether he really does it is another story.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't make any politician special simply because he promises 'free stuff' that you want and which would be paid for by money confiscated from other people. The fact that he cannot deliver on any of this should be more important to you.
Eisenhower delivered. With a 90% income tax on the rich. It can be done again.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I mean, what Sanders SAYS he's going to do would benefit America as a whole most. Whether he really does it is another story.
I can't agree that it would benefit America to bankrupt her. Have you considered that the 19 TRILLION dollar debt we currently owe is worrying economists and taking up a huge chunk of our national wealth in the form of interest payments...and Bernie wants to almost DOUBLE IT!? They say that "talk is cheap" but it's no more true than when a politician says he'll pay for anything and everything you could want.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Look at the numbers, America is already virtually bankrupt, I can't see America EVER getting out of the hole that has been dug so deep over the years. China basically owns us. We need a president that is going to try something to advance the economy and get jobs back to Americans. Obama tried and failed but, ANY President would have failed after Bush screwed up so badly.

And, I think if anyone can, Sanders can. Trump is too involved in himself to care and Clinton is well, Clinton. I'll see by the end of the year who gets picked but, I really hope It's Sanders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Have you considered that the 19 TRILLION dollar debt we currently owe is worrying economists and taking up a huge chunk of our national wealth in the form of interest payments...and Bernie wants to almost DOUBLE IT!?
Stop saying he wants to double the debt or give a source.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
We need a president that is going to try something to advance the economy and get jobs back to Americans. Obama tried and failed but, ANY President would have failed after Bush screwed up so badly.

And, I think if anyone can, Sanders can.
Did you miss the part about Sanders proposing to add 15-18 TRILLION dollars to the debt? No amount of stimulus or job growth (which would not occur under such an economic plan) could offset the disastrous effects of such a turn of events.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I can't agree that it would benefit America to bankrupt her. Have you considered that the 19 TRILLION dollar debt we currently owe is worrying economists and taking up a huge chunk of our national wealth in the form of interest payments...and Bernie wants to almost DOUBLE IT!? They say that "talk is cheap" but it's no more true than when a politician says he'll pay for anything and everything you could want.
A healthy economy, just like a healthy household (since many conservative like to mistakenly compare a government and household debt) can handle debt. The key is "healthy" and we CAN get healthy if the majority of Americans are working good paying jobs with enough income to be able to both buy goods and pay taxes. Buying goods is the key however, since that would also increase more business creation and even more jobs. With health like that the debt can be paid down.

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Eisenhower delivered. With a 90% income tax on the rich. It can be done again.

Eisenhower was not faced with a debt like we have now. Again, it's interesting how the Sanders groupies absolutely refuse to face up to the 19 trillion dollar elephant in the room and keep trying to change the focus instead.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He seems to be the best candidate for President.
Only compared to Hillary. Anyone else in America beats him hands down. In 25 years in Congress, Sanders has not sponsored a single bill that became law. In other words, he's freeloading off the people of Vermont.
He wants to make tuition free
Somebody has to pay for it. Making it "free" would make far more expensive because it would be used and abused like primary education is now. Public school is "free" now. I know, because I pay my property taxes every year to keep it "free."
and lower the interest rate of school loans which, I've personally been groaning about this for forever.
Who's going to make up the difference?
Translation, he wants to cut the available employment in the US by at least 10% and make it almost impossible for minorities or poorly educated people to get a job. Increasing the minimum wage decreases employment every time. It shows that he has a deep love of the poor, because it simply makes more of them. A greater dependent class ensures Democrat voters. Follow the money. If they cared about the poor they would be pushing business development. They care about power. Period.
He wants to raise taxes on the middle and upper class to pay for this (which is going to make many Americans not vote for him
Americans aren't going to vote for Sanders. Outside of the dependent poor who wish to remain that way, he has no support.
He's for keeping our social security the same.
Intelligent people realize that a small amount of money invested over a lifetime would cost less and return more than Social Security was ever designed to do.
Voted against the war in Iraq.
One more thing he was wrong about.

Upvote 0