Whats the best way to start a dialog with a leader at my church?

anewman1993

Aug 17, 2014
✟19,907.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Ok, Ive been visiting a church in town and I really like it, and its about time I found a good church considering Ive been looking for YEARS. Anyway, the guy who leads our small group told us we could always text him or message him on facebook and stuff if we wanted to or had question or anything. I would like to talk to him as he seems solid.

Mainly I want to ask him for some prayer because of my health stuff and I'm just really going through a lot right now ( a WHOLE LOT). However I don't really know how to start the conversation as I don't want to just message him on facebook and be like "Hey I need prayer", but I don't really have any biblical questions I need to ask, or even CAN ask. I certainly don't know everything, but I'm very good at answering my own question. Between acess to the internet and modern search tools, combined with my own knowlege of scripture I can generally go to scriptuer and find the answers about something if it comes up. Ive been doing that for long enough there really arn't any question I have because when I have them I almost immediatly seek out the answers until I find them (assuming there is a solid answer given in scripture).

So I don't really know how to open up dialog. I also want to make sure he knows I would like him to keep the prayer request to himself, Since I'm new at the church (going for a few months) and frankly I kinda like everyone not knowning my problems (crippling health issues even though I look healthy). Its nice not to be looked at like that, but I really really really need prayer on top of prayer about this stuff. Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, I'm at the edge, hanging on by my fingertips. Truthfully Ive probably fallen off the edge several times, and gods just been good enough to catch me.

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He will catch you when you approach the gentleman. Just say "Hi, I've been attending here for ______ and I really like it." Give him a chance to respond. Then ask him for the day and time that the men have a prayer breakfast. Next ask about a prayer meeting. You take it from there.

Upvote 0