Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I've been haunting POF forever and gotten nowhere.
The use of the word "haunting" gave me a chuckle. I couldn't help but picture you as some kind of spectral presence, drifting through the extensive web of PoF profiles and sending eerie messages to people. I realize that's not the case, but the mental image was amusing.

Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for that. I was mostly thinking my church has young teens then 50-80 year olds. But prayerfully we can change that. I need to be patient and wait for God, especially now that I'm entering ministry.
Don't dismiss women outside your church. You can still encounter fellow Christians in your everyday, outside-the-church-building activities, like hobbies, social gatherings, etc. My church is packed with adults of all ages, but they're all families, not singles, so I feel your frustration. There are also Christian dating sites and apps. Of course, use discernment no matter where you encounter someone, as not everything with the label "Christian" is going to have honest, virtuous people on it.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What's with all these thread resurrections?
Apparently, we haven't had our fill yet of the woes of dating. It's actually very interesting to see what Christians want to talk about. You'd think we'd have better conversations in here and actually discuss topics of some importance, but we can't get past the big three: men's height, women's age, and financial inequality. It's like the trinity in Singles lol.

A far better use of our time would be to encourage each other to be better Christians while we are all single and to help others who do struggle with loneliness by providing fellowship and friendship. But I'm sure by tomorrow, there will be a whole new crop of riveting and stimulating discussions about why men and women hate each other lol. Each thread teaches me something new and ridiculous that I hadn't considered before:) I'm considering starting my own parody threads just for a laugh. It's become so predictable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently, we haven't had our fill yet of the woes of dating. It's actually very interesting to see what Christians want to talk about. You'd think we'd have better conversations in here and actually discuss topics of some importance, but we can't get past the big three: men's height, women's age, and financial inequality. It's like the trinity in Singles lol.

A far better use of our time would be to encourage each other to be better Christians while we are all single and to help others who do struggle with loneliness by providing fellowship and friendship. But I'm sure by tomorrow, there will be a whole new crop of riveting and stimulating discussions about why men and women hate each other lol. Each thread teaches me something new and ridiculous that I hadn't considered before:)
The laugh rating was for the "singles trinity" but yes, I agree! What gets me is people absolutely REFUSE to let go of their preconceived ideas of why they're single. As if there's no woman on the planet who has ever dating a short guy lol. And so on.

I very much appreciate the comments of encouragement I received when I shared my worries about my weight. I'm taking peoples advice and I will grow because of this.

Is God capable of bringing two people together REGARDLESS of our imperfections? Absolutely! We all need to have more faith and trust in God's plans for our life.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have some conservative views as well. It's stupid to be progressive for the sake of being progressive. As someone who respects evolutionary psychology, I do have sympathy for some conservative views and probably hold some of them myself. Like... I keep mindful to not 'throw the baby out with the bathwater'. Like you I've changed over time. Overall, if a conservative isn't trying to push their views on me.. I don't really have a problem with them.

Curious, what views have changed since you've gotten older?
I believe in climate change, what pollution does to our planet, I believe in COVID/restrictions/masks/shots, marijuana laws.

Nothing big in the scheme of things, like I still have the core Conservative belief system intact, lol.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I believe in climate change, what pollution does to our planet, I believe in COVID/restrictions/masks/shots, marijuana laws.

Nothing big in the scheme of things, like I still have the core Conservative belief system intact, lol.
You Biden voter!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,843.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
People try to be active on this site as possible and love debating. Just my guess?
There's being active and there's spending time searching through old threads trying to find ones to comment on. That's behaviour that I don't understand as it would have been necessary to go some way back to get to some of those threads.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The laugh rating was for the "singles trinity" but yes, I agree! What gets me is people absolutely REFUSE to let go of their preconceived ideas of why they're single. As if there's no woman on the planet who has ever dating a short guy lol. And so on.

I very much appreciate the comments of encouragement I received when I shared my worries about my weight. I'm taking peoples advice and I will grow because of this.

Is God capable of bringing two people together REGARDLESS of our imperfections? Absolutely! We all need to have more faith and trust in God's plans for our life.
I was feeling very sarcastic, haha.

It's just pointless to waste your life whining about things you can't control. Do your best to improve your life in the ways you can and then be content. The entire worth or value of a human being is based on their relationship with Christ. You become truly confident only when you stop focusing on yourself and begin to focus on Christ. Ultimately nothing else in life matters and will fade away. Everything else is vanity. These conversations certainly are:) There is nothing new under the sun. That which was complained about last month will be complained about next month lol

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Apparently, we haven't had our fill yet of the woes of dating. It's actually very interesting to see what Christians want to talk about. You'd think we'd have better conversations in here and actually discuss topics of some importance

Why would you expect a difference when the site does the same? It attracts the demographic that focuses on politics, news, relationships, and problems. You can't be edified when that's the bulk of your discussions.

A far better use of our time would be to encourage each other to be better Christians while we are all single and to help others who do struggle with loneliness by providing fellowship and friendship. But I'm sure by tomorrow, there will be a whole new crop of riveting and stimulating discussions about why men and women hate each other lol.

Conversations are a reflection of their participants. Wherever you spend your time is revealed in your discourse. Most of the people in this forum dwell on relationships and the challenge of finding a companion. They're not looking for solutions. They're looking for commiseration. People who'll say I understand, it's unfair, it's not you and so on.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Today my church hosted a baptism event. Initially, over 60 individuals had registered for baptism and a few more spontaneously chose to participate once we began. While I don't know what the typical number of people getting baptized is, the sheer number of participants surprised everyone at our church.

But I'd say that's a good sign!

:papapa:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@YankeeGirl raised an important point and I thought about it during a reply.

The pandemic was a great opportunity for repositioning. The forum was busy and the majority were home. While everyone was talking about politics, vaccines and the latest drama. The Reddit community was working together to generate wealth and they did. Imagine if Singles had done the same?

You spend hours discussing relationships and the opposite sex. Imagine if you invested that energy in wealth attainment. That's the elephant behind most complaints. A few could focus on the Fed, cryptocurrency, stocks, emerging markets and related news. If you did that everyday and worked together you'd be millionaires. You could add prayer and bible studies on the subject to deepen your wisdom. Everyone would be bettered and edified.

How is it possible that a group of unbelievers could unite for their betterment and you're still discussing the things you were in 2020? Where's your vision? What's the purpose of being together if no one's bettered by the gathering? Life is more than marriage.

Wake up! You're wasting time. Life is passing you by.

Upvote 0