You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aggravation, frustration, and dreading work tomorrow. :(

:( :hug:

On my mind, I hope I don't kill myself by trying to cook something.

I have uncooked chicken, a packet of taco seasoning sitting in a bowl at the moment.

I will try my hand at cooking....... I will probably end up regretting it one way or another but.,,,, maybe I will cook it right and I will have something else I can cook and add two things to the list I can make. Nachos.... and a grilled chicken and bacon sandwich. Okay, Im cheating, the bacon is actually bacon jerky.... but tastes the same. :D

Heres hoping I dont get salmonella :|

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,977.00
Faith
Christian
Toro's chicken:

38eca571_raw-chicken1.jpeg

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
:( :hug:

On my mind, I hope I don't kill myself by trying to cook something.

I have uncooked chicken, a packet of taco seasoning sitting in a bowl at the moment.

I will try my hand at cooking....... I will probably end up regretting it one way or another but.,,,, maybe I will cook it right and I will have something else I can cook and add two things to the list I can make. Nachos.... and a grilled chicken and bacon sandwich. Okay, Im cheating, the bacon is actually bacon jerky.... but tastes the same. :D

Heres hoping I dont get salmonella :|
If you have a crockpot, simply toss in the chicken, seasoning, and a little water, and let it cook all day. In the evening, the chicken will have a tender, shredded, and marinated texture, and it is perfect for tacos. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

JuiceBoxxed

Jun 24, 2015
Virginia
✟601.00
Faith
Deist
If you have a crockpot, simply toss in the chicken, seasoning, and a little water, and let it cook all day. In the evening, the chicken will have a tender, shredded, and marinated texture, and it is perfect for tacos. :oldthumbsup:

That's good advice. Or if you can't wait, flip on the oven to 446F-464F and check it every 20 minutes or so. When your chicken isn't pink on the inside and this condition is uniform throughout all the meat it's safe to eat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the advice guys. I fell asleep for a little nap and its been soaking this whole time. I got it in the oven now..... as for temp, no worries I cook everything at 450-500. :D

Over cooking is USUALLY my problem for such a reason. If I could keep from over cooking Id probably be good at it. :( I always end up with a new form of jerky or charcoal. :|

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Thanks for the advice guys. I fell asleep for a little nap and its been soaking this whole time. I got it in the oven now..... as for temp, no worries I cook everything at 450-500. :D

Over cooking is USUALLY my problem for such a reason. If I could keep from over cooking Id probably be good at it. :( I always end up with a new form of jerky or charcoal. :|
Overcooking in the crockpot only makes things more tender. ;)

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Best chicken taco recipe ever!:flat4:

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Fridge is off. It's going to stay off till I confirm it's my biggest power drain over the next 4 hours. If that confirmation holds, then it's going to stay off forever. I have a better idea than buying another fridge.

What is your idea other than using a fridge?
I can think of some temporary measures, but nothing very permanent.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
RayofSun has a vested interest in your schemes for cooling food, @JuiceBoxxed. ;)

Upvote 0

JuiceBoxxed

Jun 24, 2015
Virginia
✟601.00
Faith
Deist

Well I've been doing some research on it, and a fair amount of the things I eat don't need to be refrigerated, or there are alternatives to keeping them, for instance, vegetable stems in water. Some other things, like certain condiments (Ketchup, Mustard) don't need refrigeration even when it says it on the bottle. Even pickles and soy Sauce I buy say to refrigerate it after opening but these things are already fermented and don't need it.

Outside of leafy greens, many vegetables will store for a little while if kept out of their plastic bag, dry, and in a dark place.

Mainly what I need the fridge for is - A) Any meat that I eat, B) chilled milk C) a few things I make at home that need to be kept cool without addition of vitamin C in some form once they are opened and D) cooled drinks.

So I'm in the market for a stand alone freezer (a small one since I'm single). That will keep meat and prepared meals, as well as leftovers. However, in addition to this, I was doing a little research on salt water and realized that with a freezer, I can chill bottles of salt water to below freezing (salt added to water allows this) and add them to an insulated chest I bought some time ago but have never used. Viola, I have a small fridge for the price of a freezer with minimal maintenance and much MUCH lower energy costs.

Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow you have definitely done research into it. I was just wondering if you were going to use a type of insulated ice chest. That was the only solution I could think of, but became stumped at how you would find a realistic way of keeping it cooled with ice. But salt water bottles and a freezer would definitely work. Would you also keep the leafy greens in this as well?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.