Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what would be the best way to get rid of this thing... Hose it down, maybe? :asd: Though it's in a pretty tough spot... Can't hose it down without getting close to it. :eheh:

kill%20it%20with%20fire%20flamethrower.jpeg

Be careful Owly

Reactions: kittysbecute
Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This mango is not ready for eating fresh, but it is ready for a stew.

Also... we're also spoilt here, the council will send someone out to take care of wasp nests if they're near your home. I tend to leave them alone, my disproportionate faith that I'll not be stung providing I leave that area well alone will one day bite me.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You have councils to take out wasp nets? All we have are wasp sprays. :p

Speaking of municipal stuff, I'm a bit annoyed now. We have 9 people running for the same job, involving a judicial position. Apparently you don't even have to a lawyer to be a judge in this state. 2 are convicted criminals, 2 are not lawyers, and only four are.

The incumbent? He has nothing but a high school diploma. He beat up a mentally disabled kid in a farmer's market and called him a racial slur (he was put on leave with pay). And I'm afraid the people are so ignorant that they'll vote for him if his name is at the top of a list of a piece of paper.

We also have someone running for lt. Governor that was arrested, but it was really just racial profiling. Seems like a good man, but clearly unqualified...just like a lot of people I've been googling. And speaking of Google, our attorney general, also up for re-election, HATEs Google and wants to waste time prosecuting them for copyright stuff and ignore the corruption in our own state. We've kept him in only because the people around here don't know what our politicians do and don't like remembering name changes.

Finally, (those of you in The US might get what I'm saying here better), we have a closed primary system. I can only pick between the Republican ballot and the Democratic ballot. I can't "cross over", which sucks because there is a Democrat I like (and I normally would never vote Democrat in a national election for president), and if she doesn't win then The other Democrat will face our establishment Repub. governor. She might be too critical of him to win, and she doesn't have the medical knowledge of my preferred Democrat, so who knows of the third-world parts of our state will get quality healthcare. I don't see why I have to support what the establishment has done for the better-off and ignore the poor. I am not a liberal, but I am not a Friend of lobbyists and would like to treat corporations as they deserve.

Be in informed voter, please!

Last edited:
Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
kill%20it%20with%20fire%20flamethrower.jpeg

Be careful Owly
If I see a nest where I can use fire.
I'd probably be stupid, make napalm, and do it for the heck of it.
On a house. Poison is probably best and most sane of a solution.

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

sundewgrower

Site Supporter
Nov 6, 2014
somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Fire is just inhumane on any animal, and absolutely ridiculous. No need for that. Although I understand Toro was joking. :D
Everybody has their own idea. I've read insects lack the perception of pain.
I'd certainly not consider that with any mammals, fish, or anything else that's not an insect.

Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Haha, yes, we have councils who will (for a small fee) take care of nearly any pest. They may not do it that day, but they'll get it done.

Insects have a different system, one that is not really fully understood. It is not akin to vertebrates, which leads to the currently supported view that the majority of invertebrates do not feel pain (in the sense that mammals do). There are lots of experiments you can do with invertebrates of any kind that would have animal lovers baying for blood if you did it to rabbits.

However it could be argued that pain, as understood by humans, is only experienced by humans as pain is an emotion. The body reacting to stimulus is not an emotion. It all gets terribly complicated once you start going down the rabbit trail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Finally, (those of you in The US might get what I'm saying here better), we have a closed primary system. I can only pick between the Republican ballot and the Democratic ballot. I can't "cross over", which sucks because there is a Democrat I like (and I normally would never vote Democrat in a national election for president), and if she doesn't win then The other Democrat will face our establishment Repub. governor. She might be too critical of him to win, and she doesn't have the medical knowledge of my preferred Democrat, so who knows of the third-world parts of our state will get quality healthcare. I don't see why I have to support what the establishment has done for the better-off and ignore the poor. I am not a liberal, but I am not a Friend of lobbyists and would like to treat corporations as they deserve.

Be in informed voter, please!

Amen to that, Grand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I see a nest where I can use fire.
I'd probably be stupid, make napalm, and do it for the heck of it.
On a house. Poison is probably best and most sane of a solution.

Oh, but "sane" is usually the least effective use of energy.

Funny-Pictures-Kill-it-with-fire.jpg

Haha. Don't worry... I'm probably too chicken to go near that thing again anyway. When I first saw the bees streaming out of it, I ran. :ahah:

Well, you didnt run far enough. I don't see you. It's almost as if you LIKE bees and DON'T wanna watch Arrow with the bull. :(

Reactions: Squeakers
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah I'm pretty allergic. ^_^ I swell up quite a bit... It makes things interesting when you get stung in the face. :D This one is pretty nearby. If I opened the window and reached far enough, I probably could poke it with a stick. Not that I'd be crazy enough to do that. :ahah:

I can't tell what these bees are. They look a lot like yellow jackets, but they could be hornets. :eheh:

You might not be, but I are. Id probably bash it with a stick and shut the window quick. :sorry:

Or Id set off redneck fireworks and put a bug zapper near it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.