what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom and I have been going to the salvation army church for 3 weeks now. Today is the first time anyone came up to us and asked if we are interested in anything like bible studies and my mom got mad right away, they talked to her first and then me, but she took my address and my mom was not interested in it, then later she got mad they did not take her address. it was her idea to go there, not mine, I had my lesson all ready for the kids at my old church and mom did not want to go there at the last minute, so I called and told em I would not be there, we were both afraid, because the pastor never returned my call a few weeks ago. now I dont know what to do. after today, we both kind of want to return to the old church, I guess it is close, but still I dont know what to do. I really wanted to teach the kids, but the way the adults acted towards us , we both felt it was not a good idea, maybe now that we have been gone a 3 weeks and next week maybe go back, maybe they will not mistreat us??? still I dont know where if anywhere I belong anymore. I am just discouraged with how things are in church, and too it seems that with all the uniforms the people wear at salvation army, we feel a little out of place . tho I was thinking of later becoming a salvationist myself. I think it would be neat. I dont know maybe we will go to both, one this week and the other the next week???I really missed the kids, I had a valentines thing planned for them, since it would have fit right in with the story of jonathan and david as friends . I think I dont want to let go of the old church for some reason of which I am not sure what the reason is completely unless it is fear of the unkown and the kids I want to be with. i love teaching and using the gifts god gave me.

Upvote 0
You first priority is to find out the pastor and congregation's position at the first church. There could easily be a misunderstanding here, whether on your part or the church's. It isn't fair to judge others on 'I think... I feel... It seems...' Step ONE call pastor, if pastor refuses to talk to you step TWO talk to next person in line, continue until someone responds. If you cannot resolve the issue submit a WRITTEN resignation documenting your concerns and steps you've taken to remedy the situation. Don't leave the job half done. By next Sunday either have the situation resolved or determine you've taken all necessary measures and resign. FINALLY, MOVE ON with your life and don't allow this to hang over your head any longer.

Quick, simple, and to the point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.