Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The New Testament accounts of Nazareth are roundly supported by archaeological evidence

Nazareth was a very small town when Jesus was born. When my wife and I visited there in 2014, our tour guide told us that it was scarcely as large as the parking lot of the Church of the Annunciation there. But it’s been excavated to the time of Jesus. Skeptics have, for many years, asserted that Nazareth didn’t exist at all in his time. Their judgments are premature and erroneous, as usual. Amanda Borschel-Dan, reporter for The Times of Israel, wrote an article about this topic and the latest archaeology:

Nazareth ... as British-Israeli archaeologist Yardenna Alexandre notes … the once small village with huge name recognition existed well before and well after [Jesus’] lifetime. …
Among her digs, in 2009, Alexandre discovered the first example of a residential building from the time of Jesus. It was found near today’s Church of the Annunciation. … In her report, Alexandre describes the structure as ‘a simple house comprising small rooms and an inner courtyard was inhabited in the late Hellenistic and the Early Roman periods [late 2nd c. BC to early or mid 2nd c. AD].’ …
Among the artifacts is a coin of Emperor Claudius that was uncovered on the floor of a corridor that led into a three-story pit complex. According to the report, ‘The coin was minted in ‘Akko-Ptolemais in 50–51 CE.
David Keys concurs, in his article, “New archaeological evidence from Nazareth reveals religious and political environment in era of Jesus” (Independent):

The archaeological investigation revealed that in Nazareth itself, in the middle of the first century AD, anti-Roman rebels created a sizeable network of underground hiding places and tunnels underneath the town — big enough to shelter at least 100 people. …

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The New Testament accounts of Nazareth are roundly supported by archaeological evidence

Nazareth was a very small town when Jesus was born. When my wife and I visited there in 2014, our tour guide told us that it was scarcely as large as the parking lot of the Church of the Annunciation there. But it’s been excavated to the time of Jesus. Skeptics have, for many years, asserted that Nazareth didn’t exist at all in his time. Their judgments are premature and erroneous, as usual. Amanda Borschel-Dan, reporter for The Times of Israel, wrote an article about this topic and the latest archaeology:

David Keys concurs, in his article, “New archaeological evidence from Nazareth reveals religious and political environment in era of Jesus” (Independent):

Continued below.
Fascinating.
The homes were tons smaller then as well.

[I was looking for photos of Gemma whom Pio prayed over and she was cured of her blindness despite not having a pupil.]
The photo took me to an atheist site who went in circles to deny this occurred and she still lives today.
Her eyes are def blank and no light appear to go through but she sees like anyone else.

Skeptics can see something and still deny it.
I do not think their brain works as good as they are pretending.

Upvote 0