sea oat

Jul 30, 2010
✟16,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A stray budgie who flew into my garage.

When I was 6 years old or something, I was in the garage, and the most beautiful bird I'd ever seen flew in and perched on my bicycle handlebar. Birds were my favorite animal, and I'd never seen one like this one. My dad came out to check on me, and I pointed at the bird. He said in a surprised tone, "That's a parakeet."

I didn't know what he was talking about, but he rushed back into the house. He came back out with a banana, and closed the garage door. He tried to use the banana as food to lure the bird to us. It didn't work. :D

So anyway, he ended up catching the bird with his hands, and putting it in a box with airholes. We went to Wal Mart, and bought a cage, and a friend for it. I've had budgies ever since that day. :)

Reactions: SparkyMaddie
Upvote 0

TheGreenUke

Bassist
Mar 23, 2012
Middlesbrough, Teeside, UK
✟181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The family dog and cat, a big fat cat called Marmaduke and an old bad-tempered Yorkie called Tina. Both of which the family had before I was born. Both lived to a good age (16-ish) each.
I also got a new cat when I was 18mth old, a tabby called Morrissey.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
My first pet was an Aussie shepherd that we named Pepper. We named her pepper because my mom's dog was named Cinnamon :) Cinnamon was an ill-tempered mutt and I recall being so happy when she finally croaked. Pepper was a great dog.

I love the breed!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have many pets through my days.

My first pet to current:

1) Fox Terrior mix female name Cindy
2) Calico Female named Katie who had 3 litter kept the Black tabby male. Named Tiger.
3) Hampster named Kirby
4) twin dwarf hampsters-Can't remember there names. They where both males and try to kill each other. lol
5) Gerbles- Peanut and Sandy (Sandy was killed by Tiger: left in the kitchen after Sandy's grand escape in the morning.)
6) Scully-Male full blood mini Fox Terrier
7) Mitsy-Female Mini Fox Terrier mix who had 6 litters with Scully.
8) Raised Rabbits- My most beloved of them was Opal color Dwarf rabbits was:
Benjamin and Baby. Ben's son Dicken's and his daughter Betty.

9) During the trip to rabbit shows met my true love cat- A long haired Maine Coon cat- Named Tweety Bird. Calico tort colors.
10) My sister chosen a Bumbay Black cat named Binx-from "Hocus Pocus".
11) Then last was a Orange Long haired Tabby named- Teddy Bear.

At this time, Tweety Bird and Teddy Bear lives with me. They act along with there names. There my buddies, I love them the most. <3 <3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cherrybliss9

Nov 25, 2011
sitting on my computer chair listening to music
✟15,173.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
My nan got me a ginger tom for my birthday i may have been about 8 or so and it followed me everywhere even to the toilet and would wait outside for me and snuggle up to me all the time. I ended up having to move from my nans into foster home and wanted to always take my cat but couldn't and just a few years ago, my nan got it put down because it would constantly climb her front door, which i had always said to never put it down i will take it only to get told no u can't do that can't re-home it.

Upvote 0