What was your first Contemporary Christian song?

Jul 23, 2010
Central Florida
✟7,763.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If you can't remember the first one you ever listened to, what was the song that peaked in your interest in the genre?

For me it was the song "Cry Holy" by Sonicflood. I was driving down Interstate 95 from New Jersey, and I think I was in Virginia or North Carolina when I figured I'd turn on the radio..after getting bored of my CD's. So I did a scan of some stations and picked up a Christian Worship station..figured cool, why not? Anyhow when that song came on and I immediately felt uplifted, and got goosebumps all over. It got an amazing feeling of freedom and peace listening to the those words while cruising down the highway.. and I actually started getting a little teary eyed..

Share yours! :thumbsup:

Singermom

Jul 20, 2010
✟9,298.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would have to say "The Great Divide" by Point of Grace. I didn't realize there was so much CCM out there before 1996. I saw an ad for a CD, "WOW", all CCM, and the clip from that song just jumped out at me. I went out & bought it (it was a double disc and very expensive, but I treated myself).

I have every "WOW" to date now and, in 2000, was involved in a show where we sang "The Great Divide"!

Upvote 0

Riddik7

I'm The Captain Of This Paper Boat!
Aug 21, 2009
Holloman AFB
Visit site
✟16,628.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh wow i have no clue... i've listened to christian music my whole life.... i remember my first christian rock song was Phenomenon by TFK and 1st christian metal was heartstrings by DH...... ah.............. hrm... ok first contemporary song that spoke to me was.... Don't you know By Robert Bartco....

Upvote 0