What toys did you play with when you were growing up?

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
What toys did you play with when you were growing up?

I played with M.U.S.C.L.E. men.

I watched ThunderCats cartoons, SilverHawks cartoons, and C.O.P.S cartoons on television.

I played with Voltron toys, MicroMachines toys, the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys, and POGS milk caps
Toys1.jpg
Toys2.jpg

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
THUNDERCATS! HO!! LOL

He-Man and Masters of the Universe...those were my favorite toys. Ninja Turtles were cool. Hot Wheels. My Kermit the Frog Big Wheel...lol, we had a really long drive way that was on a hill...I would ride that Big Wheel down it and feel like I was going 100mph, rode it until it fell apart. Then I got a scooter when I was a little older, like 8 or 9...the neighbors had an even steeper hill on their driveway, and I'd ride down it...eventually the brakes went out, but I kept riding, using my left foot as the brake...burnt through a few pair of BK's and LA Gear doing that...literally! Also loved my Nintendo...Super Mario 3 and Paperboy are still two of the greatest games of all times. Being an 80s kid was awesome.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,280.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We were poor but I had this book and built my first flying model airplane when I was nine :)

Here's the book and what's left of the toy that I made back in 1996. It doesn't look like the one in instructions because I progressively improved the model in terms of performance and durability. The surviving part was probably from the 10th iteration or higher.

20170314_134041.jpg

Upvote 0

Poppyseed78

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2016
US
✟275,982.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Treasure trolls, Skip-it, Pogo ball, Transformers, hula hoops, roller skates, pogs, Lincoln logs, Barbie, Super Soakers, jump ropes. My sister and I loved Super Mario World on SNES and Sonic on Sega Genesis!

For board games, we played Sorry, Clue, Monopoly, Candy Land, and The Game of Life.

I read Baby-Sitters' Club and Sweet Valley books. On TV I watched TGIF. My favorite shows were Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Friends, Seinfeld, Garfield, X-Men and Batman cartoons, Animaniacs, the Flintstones, and the Jetsons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
On TV I watched TGIF. My favorite shows were Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Friends, Seinfeld, Garfield, X-Men and Batman cartoons, Animaniacs, the Flintstones, and the Jetsons.

I watched TGIF too. My favorite TV shows were Full House and Family Matters. Right now, I am binge-watching Fuller House on Netflix. I visited South Korea in January. Netflix Korea gets all 8 seasons of the original Full House!
Fuller House.jpg

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Treasure trolls, Skip-it, Pogo ball, Transformers, hula hoops, roller skates, pogs, Lincoln logs, Barbie, Super Soakers, jump ropes. My sister and I loved Super Mario World on SNES and Sonic on Sega Genesis!

For board games, we played Sorry, Clue, Monopoly, Candy Land, and The Game of Life.

I read Baby-Sitters' Club and Sweet Valley books. On TV I watched TGIF. My favorite shows were Full House, Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Home Improvement, Friends, Seinfeld, Garfield, X-Men and Batman cartoons, Animaniacs, the Flintstones, and the Jetsons.
Oh man, loved all of the shows you mentioned. Boy Meets World...Topanga was my first crush lol. Animaniacs is on Netflix, I'll watch an episode every now and then.

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Boy Meets World...Topanga was my first crush lol. Animaniacs is on Netflix, I'll watch an episode every now and then.

Candace Cameron/D.J. Tanner from Full House was my first crush :wave:

Reactions: Big Drew
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
D.J. definitely had that "girl next door" appeal. Grew up to be a very beautiful woman, too.

Yes, I agree about the "girl next door" appeal. Now, I binge-watch Fuller House on Netflix so I can feel connected to Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie Sweetin LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Big Drew
Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, I agree about the "girl next door" appeal. Now, I binge-watch Fuller House on Netflix so I can feel connected to Candace Cameron Bure and Jodie Sweetin LOL
LOL, yep. My kids like watching Girl Meets World, which is Corey and Topanga all grown up with their own family, centers more around their oldest daughter...but it's fun to watch with them...and I don't mind seeing Danielle Fishel all grown up. ;)

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anyone else have a Teddy Ruxpin? The creepy talking bear that would read you bedtime stories. My parents got one for my sister and me...really freaked me out...then I remember my sister had another one that was a doll named Cricket. Dolls shouldn't talk...nope!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I was an 80s kid and loved Strawberry shortcake,Carebears,My little ponys,and barbies.

Confession: I actually played My Little Pony with my younger sister LOL

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Anyone else have a Teddy Ruxpin? The creepy talking bear that would read you bedtime stories. My parents got one for my sister and me...really freaked me out...then I remember my sister had another one that was a doll named Cricket. Dolls shouldn't talk...nope!

I didn't have a Teddy Ruxpin, but I wanted one LOL

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I had a Teddy Ruxpin and loved it,I had a bunch of the books and tapes too and wanted grubby also.
After going through 3 that didnt work though I gave up.

Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I played Barbies with my sister, and tea party...never really bothered me, my sister had a lot of health problems so a lot of the time it was me just finding ways to entertain her.

Upvote 0