God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, all this proves is that some people are bi-sexual.

Edit: I see that is essentially what Amber said too. :)

No it doesn't at all. So you think that people can't turn to God and get saved and walk away from a homosexual lifestyle? (bisexual included). It's a "heart" thing. And what's that being bisexual got to do with homosexuality being a sin? Doesn't make sense.

If someone walks away from the lifestyle and starts following God and living according to the Word, it doesn't matter what they WERE. They decided to make a change and live for God at that point. They are then new creatures in Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So in short, you don't have proof. ok :D

ps @ 2 possibly they are bisexual or dealing with so much emotional stress they just force themselves to cope?

pps I wont even argue against the "it's a sin" because honestly the bible says what it says. However saying it is a choice is incredibly naive.

Yeah whether they are bisexual or homosexual it doesn't matter. If God says it's a sin and the person chooses to walk away from it and "cope' with it as you say, then they repent. We don't always have to feel like obeying God in order to obey Him.

God wouldn't tell you not to do it and make it a sin if it wasn't a choice. Pretty simple. If it was something that you couldn't make a decision to turn away from, then God wouldn't be fair in calling it a sin and bringing punishment for it.

Upvote 0

Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
buzzini said:
The law is the law, and just because Moses did it, does that means the law is gone? ...
So if God forgive Moses, even still use him despite his marriage,

Wrong!

The Israelites were to drive out the inhabitants in that land. Thats not a racial ban on marriage.

Where is it written that God forgave Moses for his marriage? I can show you where God defended it.

BTW I don't wear linen or wool...100% cotton....
what make you think God is still holding gays on the law?

Romans 1
1John 3: 8-10

(signature follows).....
Isa 4:2
In that day the branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and honor of the survivors of Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friends, there have been statements made in this thread (on both sides) that need scriptural support. A few pages back I challenged the "proof" that was presented, and I have seen no substative defense of that proof, nor additional support from scripture.

I challenged the assertion that "God wouldn't tell you not to do it and make it a sin if it wasn't a choice". While my example may not have involved something that is clearly stated to be sin, it did involve punishment (and therefore must be a sin) for something over which the individual has no choice.

Let me quote my earlier post...

Being born illegitimate isn't a choice is it?

Deuteronomy 23:2 (NKJV)
One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the assembly of the LORD; even to the tenth generation none of his descendants shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

Ten generations would equal 2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256+512, a total of 1022 ancestors. If even one of these ancestors was born illegitimately a person could not be eligible to enter the assembly of the LORD.

Why would God punish someone born illegitimate and nine generations of his descendants for something they didn't choose? Apparently there is something wrong with being born illegitimate despite the fact that it does not involve their choice.

So sorry, but your assertion that "if it wasn't a choice, God wouldn't have said it was wrong", doesn't hold up.

Then, all of a sudden the same assertion shows up again as if never challenged. This makes me think there is no value in continuing this thread.

God wouldn't tell you not to do it and make it a sin if it wasn't a choice. Pretty simple. If it was something that you couldn't make a decision to turn away from, then God wouldn't be fair in calling it a sin and bringing punishment for it.

What scripture is that based on?

[crickets]

So, don't be surprised by this...

Well I can play this game too. My bible says homosexuality isn't a choice and is not a sin.

Upvote 0

mrmccormo

Jul 27, 2011
✟8,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jennimatts, I'm not sure if you're for or against homosexuality.

Your verse would imply that whether or not people "choose" homosexuality or if we are "born with it", God still views it as sin. I was born with a recessive trait that makes me very succeptible to alcoholism (it runs in both sides of my family), but that doesn't make public drunkeness or drunk driving or even drunkeness itself "okay".

Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Friends, there have been statements made in this thread (on both sides) that need scriptural support. A few pages back I challenged the "proof" that was presented, and I have seen no substative defense of that proof, nor additional support from scripture.

I challenged the assertion that "God wouldn't tell you not to do it and make it a sin if it wasn't a choice". While my example may not have involved something that is clearly stated to be sin, it did involve punishment (and therefore must be a sin) for something over which the individual has no choice.

Proof? God calls homosexuality a sin. That's plain and simple. He also says not to do it, that it's an abomination-sin. The Bible also says that God will give you the strength not to sin, or in other words the power NOT to do something that is wrong according to His Word.

If that's the case, and God calls something as sin and then will give you the strength (if you are looking to him) not to do it, then there is all the proof you need. Or maybe I'm missing what you are trying to say.

Homosexuality is not a gene you are born with. It's not a birth defect or a something like that. It's not a disease. It's sin. You want proof of that?

First Leviticus 18:22 says "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female;it is an abomination. 20:13"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

Moving on...

Romans 1:26-28 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

I could go on and on. God calls it sin. God says not to do it. Therefor God will give you the strength not to do it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

I guess the point I'm making is that regardless of whether someone thinks it's something you are born with or a disease or a problem or whatever-regardless of that, God wouldn't call it sin and tell you not to do it if it were impossible not to do it. Yes we need God's help with things. But the fact of the matter is that there is nothing in this world that can't be overcome through Jesus Christ and His blood.

So again, homosexuality IS a choice. It IS sin, and it CAN be overcome. Regardless of what some people might think.

Upvote 0

mdseverin

Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Word Alone
Jul 28, 2011
Aurora, IL
✟11,710.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So again, homosexuality IS a choice. It IS sin, and it CAN be overcome. Regardless of what some people might think.

You are born gay, I don't believe that is a choice. You can choose not to have sex. The homosexual sex is the choice, and in your eyes a sin. There is no sin to love someone of the same gender.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mrmccormo

Jul 27, 2011
✟8,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are born gay, I don't believe that is a choice. You can choose not to have sex. The homosexual sex is the choice, and in your eyes a sin. There is no sin to love someone of the same gender.
The idea of being "born gay" was borne out of modern Science, not out of God's word. I was "born alcoholic": I have a trait from both sides of my family that makes me very succeptible to alcoholism on a simple, biological level. But that doesn't mean that it is okay for me to get drunk, since God clearly condemns that.

It is sin to have sexual lust for someone, whether they are from the same gender or a different gender.

The term "homosexual" means "sexual attraction for someone of the same gender". If someone who has homosexual urges resists lustful thoughts, resists looking at inappropriate contentography, resists engaging in sexual activity with someone of the same gender, then that called "resisting temptation". If you admit that lust and illicit sex are wrong, then why do you feel the need to justify the tempation that leads to those sins?

Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You are NOT born gay. It is a sin to be homosexual. You really should read your Bible. And even if you were born gay, which people aren't, the Bible calls it sin and even shows you how to walk away from that sin and serve God. Read my above post to Jennimatts.

Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not my bible. My God is kind and just.

Um, did you see the scripture I had given in the above post? The Bible is clear on these things. You can choose to think what you want, but you are wrong.

God IS kind and just. He is also holy and cannot stand sin in His sight. That's the whole reason for Christ shedding His blood for us...To cover our sins. Homosexuality IS a sin. You can be free from it IF you choose to be.
<edit>
You can't mix light with darkness. Either you serve God or you serve yourself and the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

mdseverin

Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Word Alone
Jul 28, 2011
Aurora, IL
✟11,710.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are NOT born gay. It is a sin to be homosexual. You really should read your Bible. And even if you were born gay, which people aren't, the Bible calls it sin and even shows you how to walk away from that sin and serve God. Read my above post to Jennimatts.

I have read the Bible, cover to cover, several times. There is nothing in there that says you are or are not born gay. In fact, it probably supports the fact that you can be born gay. Weren't we all born into a world of sin and it is in our very nature to sin? You claim homosexuality is a sin, so why can't a person be born gay? We are all born sinners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeInChrist

Jul 13, 2011
✟16,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God IS kind and just. He is also holy and cannot stand sin in His sight. That's the whole reason for Christ shedding His blood for us...To cover our sins.

Yes, and if we believe that Jesus died because of our sins, to free us from sin, then we should not want to continue in sin, and we should not want to encourage our heart to dwell upon or be entertained by sin.

If I have desires or things are tempting to me, and I see that to do various things is sinful, I am to be committed not to do those sinful things, and to direct my mind and heart towards things that are godly.

I do not care whether someone may or may not be born with a particular predeliction. So what? I'm not inclined to be very aggressive physically, but others are. I'm more inclined to drunkenness, while others are not. So what? I'm not to be bloodthirsty or a drunkard. Any tendency I may have been born with is no excuse for sin.

I need God's grace and forgiveness and strength to walk His ways, and to want to walk more in His ways.

Upvote 0

buzzini

May 25, 2009
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom

People born as handicap are consider unclean too, man was horned blind and disciples wonder who's sin is it. According to you he should be born clean, and even if hes not, he should just walk away pretending he could see? Jesus did not focus on sin cause He is message is life, his followers focus on sin cause their message is death.

Upvote 0

ToBeInChrist

Jul 13, 2011
✟16,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus died for my sins, including the sexual sins I have committed, getting drunk, etc.

Out of love for Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior, I decide to obey Him, NOT to sin. If some temptations are attractive to me but not to others, I don't need to accept Satan's accusations or accept condemnation because there is no condemnation in Jesus Christ.

I start to think along sexual lines or feel some urges, or alcohol looks like a good idea, well I remember that Jesus died for me and forgave me of past sexual sins and past sins of drunkenness, and I commit to following Christ, resisting the devil.

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat.jpg

This thread has been cleaned up and re-opened.
It's ok to disagree, and to put your arguments.
It is not ok to accuse other members or not being Christian, or of being demonic, because they disagree with you!
Please be civil, folks.
Thanks
Mod Hat Off

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
have read the Bible, cover to cover, several times. There is nothing in there that says you are or are not born gay. In fact, it probably supports the fact that you can be born gay. Weren't we all born into a world of sin and it is in our very nature to sin? You claim homosexuality is a sin, so why can't a person be born gay? We are all born sinners
You might be interested in a fact that conclusively deals with the born homosexual idea.

Having studied the homosexual agenda, you discover a very specific line of thought in operation. Knowing that satan is the father of lies, this is not surprising.

If you want to know the truth about homosexuality, generally speaking all you have to do is believe the opposite to what they say. Part of their campaign for acceptance was to spread the lie that you are born homosexual. Their rationale was that if you are not born a homosexual then they have to admit it is sin and that it is not a permanent fixture.

That would deal a blow to their campign for acceptance and their push for all the sorts of things like SSM and the adoption of children.

Bottom line is they know they are not born homosexual. It was a political ploy invented to hide the truth.

Upvote 0