Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its probably unfair to call it a choice. Its more akin to conditioningeither through abuse or choice.

People forget that everyone with two parents is a heterosexual. As long as it takes a male and a female to make a baby they will be heterosexual.

"Homosexuality" on the other hand describes a sexual aberration.

(signature follows).....
Isa 4:2
In that day the branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and honor of the survivors of Israel.

Upvote 0

Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amber the Duskbringer said:
Unless you have absolute scientific proof I have gonna have to call shenanigans.

Very few thingsin human behavior have "absolute scientific proof". Why don't you start by presenting you're own position with such a standard?

(signature follows).....
In that day the branch of the Lord shall be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land shall be the pride and honor of the survivors of Israel.

Upvote 0

Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Burden of proof sir :)

...falls on those asserting a claim. I am just saying if thats you, back it up.

(signature follows).....

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Homosexuality is a choice. You aren't born that way.

This is what I am asking for him not you to prove. If you wanna join in on this well you better start throwing up facts regarding this or again I call shenanigans.

Unfortunately bible quotes are not gonna do it regarding someone claiming this is not at a genetic level. Sure it's a sin according to the bible. That's not at all what I am arguing.

Upvote 0

Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is what I am asking for him not you to prove. If you wanna join in on this well you better start throwing up facts regarding this or again I call shenanigans.

Okay, but I smell shenanigans too.Im just saying you are taking a position. You should be able to defends your own atleast as well as you expect from him.

(signature follows).....

Upvote 0

Lionroot

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
✟45,645.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amber, now I do smell shenanigans. Your personal anecdotal evidence is hardly "absolute scientific proof". In fact it creates a bias...perhaps thats why you do not hold yourself to the same standard.

Just curious, you recognize the sinfull aspect. Have you sought help from groups like Exodus International? (I could be off with the name)

(signature follows).....

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Talk about me losing credibility lol exodus international. Oh lord

My proof is far more reliable as I live it than someone who spouts quotes from a 3 million year old book which holds many inaccuracies thanks to man's meddling.

I live it. I breath it.

Now prove to me that I am choosing this lifestyle as you would carelessly call it.

Bias? Biased against those who are biased against me? You would do well not to use that word here sir ;)

I do not need to hold myself to those standards because I am indeed living it. My living this contradicts the person who claims it is a choice. Because I sure as heck would not wish this on anyone.

Proof pwease :3

Seriously enough beating around the bush for him. Prove me wrong or admit defeat :3 He claimed it is a choice and I say prove it. Cmon now. Let's hop to it I have other things to do.

ps before you attack my arrogance realize I know I am.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Unfortunately bible quotes are not gonna do it regarding someone claiming this is not at a genetic level. Sure it's a sin according to the bible. That's not at all what I am arguing.

Prove that it's not. I'm not a scientist. I'm a Christian who loves Jesus and believes that the Word of God is infallible and God's Word. God wouldn't put something in there that He tells us not to do if we couldn't do it. So if that's the case then that should be your proof if you are a believer.

If you choose not to believe that, that's your issue. Also, I don't have any problems with others chiming in if they have scientific proof. I will say this though, science has proved much of the Bible to be true.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
United States, Pacific Northwest
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know of people who have gotten out of the lifestyle completely, married someone from the opposite sex and live a hetrosexual life just fine.

Sorry, all this proves is that some people are bi-sexual.

Edit: I see that is essentially what Amber said too. :)

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well first off if it wasn't a choice, God wouldn't have said it was wrong...

Being born illegitimate isn't a choice is it?

Deuteronomy 23:2 (NKJV)
One of illegitimate birth shall not enter the assembly of the LORD; even to the tenth generation none of his descendants shall enter the assembly of the LORD.

Ten generations would equal 2+4+8+16+32+64+128+256+512, a total of 1022 ancestors. If even one of these ancestors was born illegitimately a person could not be eligible to enter the assembly of the LORD.

Why would God punish someone born illegitimate and nine generations of his descendants for something they didn't choose? Apparently there is something wrong with being born illegitimate despite the fact that it does not involve their choice.

So sorry, but your assertion that "if it wasn't a choice, God wouldn't have said it was wrong", doesn't hold up.

Upvote 0

jennimatts

Blessed by God!
May 29, 2011
✟14,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God doesn't ever ask us to do anything we can't do. So there's some proof for starters. The whole idea of it's a genetic thing or something like that is just an excuse to continue living in that lifestyle. Plain and simple.

God required that a person and nine generations of ancestors were not born illegitimate (see previous post). Sounds like He does indeed ask us to do some things over which we have no choice.

I'm not claiming this to prove or even suggest the subject of this thread isn't a choice, I'm saying that there are things Gods law requires that are impossible.

Your assumption doesn't hold up. Your proof doesn't hold up. Your conclusion is unsubstantiated.

Try again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thorwald

Apr 4, 2010
✟7,718.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, all this proves is that some people are bi-sexual.

Edit: I see that is essentially what Amber said too. :)

It may also prove, that these people were not "turned over to a reprobate mind." They changed their ways/behaviour in time.

Something that should be considered, is that God was 'pleased' with His creations, and blessed all of the orifices of the human body. Each orifice was created for a specific purpose. Using the body's orifices for purposes other than those they were intended for, are undoubtedly sinful.

Thorwald Johansen

Upvote 0

hogndog

Saved by grace and grace alone
Apr 24, 2007
On The Battlefield
Visit site
✟8,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You know it so well because you've done it? You were gay and now straight by choice? How hard was it for you?

The word has been changed gay isn't gay its sodomy.. So you say homosexual what does Jesus call it? Get ready he's coming very soon..

Hogndog

Upvote 0

buzzini

May 25, 2009
✟15,240.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thats not true at all. Moses married a black woman. They were forbidden to marry some specific pagan people...but no interracial ban.

"Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst."

The law is the law, and just because Moses did it, does that means the law is gone? Cause later in the bible is this

"And the seed of Israel separated themselves from all foreigners, and stood and confessed their sins, and the iniquities of their fathers"

So if God forgive Moses, even still use him despite his marriage, what make you think God is still holding gays on the law?

Not to mention even you break this law
". . Nor shall a garment of mixed linen and wool come upon you."

Upvote 0