Truffle

Proud American
May 26, 2006
✟34,869.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
I use Purpose to wash my face. It's great stuff - very gentle, even takes eye makeup off.

I've heard great things about this soap so am gonna buy some. I see several people here mentioned Philosophy like me but lately,i'm tired of the cleanser and yes hope in a bottle too smells really mediciny.

Reactions: nikkipompom
Upvote 0

princessjenny

Aug 9, 2008
Midwest
✟15,192.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I use Beauty Without Cruelty Facial Toner and Extra Gentle Cleansing Milk. I use Burts Bees Radiance Day and Night Cream for my moisturizers. I was having trouble with my skin being extremely painfully dry in the winter months and as soon as I began use of the burts bees my skin was incredibly soft and glowing just like in the summer. Idk how these products would be for those who breakout, thats one thing I dont have, so I can typically get by without any acne prevention routine. I do have a Desert Essence blemish roll-on stick that I use if i ever do get a pimple and it will get rid of it within a day or two. Plus it smells great. All the products I use are natural and paraben free.

Upvote 0

inHisgripkim

You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I usually use an organic, botanical soaps and astringent. Roc and neutrogena retinol with hyaluronic acid. Also use bio-oil which I just love. I take oxygenating herbal supplements along with COQ10 which moves oxygen into the cells. Take wild salmon oil supplements and eat a lot of fermented foods. Fermented foods oxygenate cells.

Upvote 0

Trinity78

Sep 22, 2009
✟7,695.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

Im a newbie. I use Exuviance by Ulta. Im allergic to every product you can think of. I tried this one and my face clear up within weeks. My face use to be full of pimples and now its nice and smooth I dont even get pimples when I get my menstrual. Thanks! Its awesome I highly recommended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace&Glory

Oct 18, 2009
✟7,620.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I use organic make-up for the most part or at the very least products w/o known harmful chemicals, in other words most of the main stream companies are out except for a few items. Origens has some great products as does Dr. Haushka. I do use Lancome mascara. For cleansing just plain soap and water - Clinique has a terrific bar soap and Neutrogena has a liquid facial soap as well as a bar. Almond oil removes waterproof eye makeup the few times I use it. Of course remove all makeup before bedtime. I make my own scrub/exfoliate with sugar and apricot oil. It doesn't make sense to me to eat as pure and healthfully as I can and knowingly put harmful stuff on my skin. G&G

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Because it's changed in the last little while...

Morning:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser.
Avene Gentle Toner.
Olay Complete Daily Sensitive SPF15 (if I'm wearing makeup; if I'm not it's the Clarins UV40 sunblock & Cetaphil Daily Lotion, or an Ombrelle sunblock). The Clarins, I find, is a bit too mattifying if I do primer & foundation on top.
Bliss All Around Eye Cream. But I am still looking for a new eye cream.

Night:

Whatever eye-makeup remover I have lying around. Lancome Bi-Facil (the minis from Lancome GWPs), Clean & Clear Oil Free, and I have a QUO one I'm quite fond of for waterproof eye makeup. Which I rarely wear; I think I have one tube of Waterproof DiorShow lying around, and it doesn't perform any where near as well as the Original, the Extase or the Unlimited. No bueno. If I wore eye makeup.
LUSH Ultra Bland for face-makeup if I'm wearing any that day.
Avene Gentle Toner.
Avene Gentle Exfoliant (1-2 times per week.)
Cetaphil Daily Lotion. (still looking for the night cream, but waiting for the latest Lancome GWP with Genefique minis before I splash out on the serum.)
Clinique Even Better Skin Tone corrector. Don't use this everyday, and just use it on my left temple and chin area where I have some discolouration and hyperpigmentation and extra redness.
Babor Amazing Eyes Creme.
Stievamycin (Rx) if I'm PMS-ing and have any spots.
Avene Eau Thermale brumisateur. (Godsend.)
LUSH Bubble Gum lip scrub & The Body Shop Coconut Lip Butter.

FWIW, I have dry, reactive, sensitive skin. I'm not particularly prone to acne (maybe a couple of whiteheads at most every 2-3 menstrual cycles), but I am prone to redness, uneven skintone, and allergic reactions.

There's a bunch of thing I'd still like to try out for my skin. La Roche Posay Anthelios sunblock, the Hydrphase SPF30 Moisturizer, and the Micellular Makeup Dissolving Cleanser (something like that), shu uemura's A/I (or A/O?) Cleansing Oil for Dry/Sensitive Skin, and I'm still looking for my HG eye cream(s). The search continues...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dalle*ceneri

Perpetual Student
Nov 21, 2008
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've changed mine up quite a bit. We had a Skinceuticals rep come to our school, and I fell in love with some of their products. Their vitamin B5 gel is a great moisturizer, I don't feel oily with it. And I can get the products for a steal through the rep- they are expensive in the stores. So now it is:

Cleanse: Origins Checks and Balances/Clarisonic Brush
Tone: Witch Hazel
Prevent and Moisturize: Skinceuticals Phloretin CF and Vitamin B5 gel

That's the basic ritual... I use different exfoliants and masks. I like making my own- baking soda can be a really good exfoliant. There are lots of recipes on the web, I've tried a few and still playing around with others.

Upvote 0

dalle*ceneri

Perpetual Student
Nov 21, 2008
✟15,155.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I haven't tried Philosophy's skin care, I've heard great things about it. I do love their bath and body stuff, especially the Amazing Grace line. They used to sell a bubble bath a long time ago, it was so cool- called "Message in a Bottle". It smelled like the calm ocean/sea scents and came in a traditional tall frosted glass bottle with a cork, and had the philosophy "message" in lovely writing on the bottle. I can't find a pic of the old bottle, I did find the newer bottle they sold, it was like the others they sell now.
Back to the skin care, I do have some samples of Hope in a Jar (I just love the way they name their products!) I need to try.

Upvote 0

Trashionista

Jun 10, 2007
The Copacabana
✟9,243.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
Morning:
Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser for Intolerant Skin.
Avene Eau Thermale Brumisateur to tone.
LRP Hydraphase SPF30 Moisturizer. Or Cetaphil Daily Lotion & CoverFx BritePrep SPF50 if I'm wearing makeup.
Olay Age Defying Eye Gel.

Night:
(Makeup removal) shu uemura A/O Cleansing Oil or LRP Toleraine Makeup Removing Liquid. (I do use a seperate eye makeup remover, but both are safe for eyes.)
Avene Gentle Toner.
Cetaphil Daily Lotion.
Avene Rich Compensating Cream on any especially dry areas.
Babor Amazing Eyes Cream.
Avene Eau Thermale to finish.

Once or twice a week:
Avene Gentle Scrub.

Upvote 0