May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Dracil said:
Not really, for every day I play, I could probably gain around 2 levels (past that initial day's rush), so by not playing for 10 days, I've just lost myself around 19 levels. Opportunity cost.

They need to up the max you can get (in the same number of days) or it's really just a worthless gimmick. At least one level's worth of EXP a day would allow you to really keep up.
ROFL Yeah, you're right. You definately shouldn't play WoW. lol

http://www.progressquest.com/dl.php

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, my bro tells me they have some serious issues with lag during peak times. C'mon, Blizzard! I came to your defense re the lag issues during beta. Please get them fixed before I start playing next month. lol

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bowser said:
We are Alliance. My name is Russel, and our co-leaders name is Melko.
I told my bro and his wife about you so they might be heading that way soon and I most likely will when I start playing.

Upvote 0

Bowser

Oct 12, 2003
Silent Planet
Visit site
✟407.00
Faith
Christian
Er, we're actually a Christian exclusive guild, but we group up with many of our friends who are not believers. They can participate in all of our activities, they just can't bear our name.

My in-game name is Russel, and the guild name is 'Gods Peons'. We'll be doing instances soon, so if you want to join us just give me or Melko a /holler.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My bro said there are rumours floating around that Blizzard might do a character transfer for some people from high population to newer low pop servers to lighten the load and cut down lag and login issues. Anyone else heard this?

I hope they either have done this or resolved it some other way by the time I start playing. Of course I don't guess it matters as I'll just start on the lowest pop server I can find.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crispie

Conservative Christian
Jun 29, 2004
✟10,388.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Im sticking to GuildWars. As far as WoW? Looks like a great game, but unfortunately they werent even prepared for all their paying customers to login to the game. Funny thing is they said they did all the required server testing on the open beta, and thats why the servers were down at times. I have suspicion that that may have been a coverup? Who knows...eventually things will straighten up. 15 dollars a month is just not worth it though...

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I already love this game. My brother purchased the collector's version and showed me the sweet intro movie and various WoW trailers. As soon as I upgrade my computer and get broadband (hopefully in a couple weeks), I'll be playing this game. The current WoW server problems will most likely be solved by then. :)

I'm currently torn between using an Orc Warlock and an Undead Warlock. The cool thing about the Orc Warlock is all his pets get +5% to melee damage. But the Undead stats seem geared more towards casters - they have one more intellect and two more spirit. Which one should I choose? :confused:

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Irish_Guevara said:
I already love this game. My brother purchased the collector's version and showed me the sweet intro movie and various WoW trailers. As soon as I upgrade my computer and get broadband (hopefully in a couple weeks), I'll be playing this game. The current WoW server problems will most likely be solved by then. :)

I'm currently torn between using an Orc Warlock and an Undead Warlock. The cool thing about the Orc Warlock is all his pets get +5% to melee damage. But the Undead stats seem geared more towards casters - they have one more intellect and two more spirit. Which one should I choose? :confused:
Well, undead can cannibalize humanoids, so that's a plus, but still the orc pet thing is cool too...;)

It's my understanding the only problem with the servers is that too many people are on certain servers. Just make a character on a low population server and you should be good to go. That's my plan anyway.

BTW, did you read the hilarious post on the beta forum about the intro movie? It was something like "What the real meaning of the intro movie is." and he talks about the orc that is juming around, acting mean and swinging his club all over...getting ready for war? Nah, just some newbie playing with the emotes. The one with the orc going off on the nightelf...getting the better of her? Nah, notice the orc never even hits her and she doesn't hit back. She's just exploring and this newbie orc attacked her and she's probably telling her guild, "Some noob is attacking me and can't even hit me and I don't want to hit back 'cause I'll get dishonour points."

I'd love to be able to find the full post, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read regarding a game.

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, undead can cannibalize humanoids, so that's a plus, but still the orc pet thing is cool too...
I plan on relying on pets a LOT, and I don't intend on becoming badly wounded frequently. I'd imagine that a warrior class would need to use the cannibalize ability much more than a caster class. Plus, I intend on getting the tailoring and alchemy trade skills, so chances are I'd be able to heal effectively by creating healthstones or creating potions, and this would make cannibalize unnecessary. (I'm going to team with my brother, who is a Tauren shaman with herbalism, so he'll feed me plenty of herbs)

I like the fact that many of the orc abilities are passive and don't require micromanagement because between affliction spells and tending to a pet, I don't think I'd have much time to activate racial abilities. On the Orc side, Hardiness (25% resistance to stun and knockout effects) looks pretty useful. But on the Undead side, Shadow resistance (all Undead get +10 Shadow Resistance) could work well, too.

Aargh. I still can't decide.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loki

Senior Veteran
Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
✟17,983.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NE rogue on Whisperwind (primary) with Eternal Legacy

Tauren Shaman on Bloodhoof (alt)

Human Priest on Earthen Ring (alt)

The only thing I have to say abou the game so far is: Paladins are boring to play. Rogue involves lots of keyboard action, and slamming the backstab button when you get around the right area, the casters involve lots of thinking of what to cast when, and avoiding heavy melee, but Paladin... sucks for soloing, boring to play.

Oh, and I"m feeling on top of the world, because my rogue handled a character 3 levels ahead of her. She also got mobbed, and with less than 1/4 health, took down a third character that ran up. w007!

Upvote 0

Sharky

Rockin dude!
Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
✟7,782.00
Faith
Christian
Pray4Isrel said:
I'm a human priest and my husband is a human paladin (in Dalaran).
The game rocks and it's unlike anything I've ever played before.
I am still learning the ropes but it's an incredible experience. I am only on level six but that's only after one day of playing. Tonight I am setting aside the entire evening for it :D My husband is super-advanced so I am always on my toes and trying to learn new things. The good thing about being a priest is that I am focused on healing more than fighting.
We would love to start or join a guild so if you are interested or are looking for more to join please let me know!
Hey P4I oncei get WOW, you gotta show me how to play :)

no point of me buying it now cause i'm heading overseas for 3 weeks but i will get it after then.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
icecoldbreeze said:
I have a question is World of Warcraft a RPG or a Real Time Strat.? I know Warcraft I -III are Real Time, I was just wonderin' if they changed it or not?
WoW is an MMORPG that takes place in the Warcraft universe. But it IS kind of expected whenever you create a new orc character and log in for the first time to yell, "Ready to work!" :D

Upvote 0