Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sin is inherently highly flammable.
God is a consuming fire.

If so much as an atom or a sniff or a shadow of sin came near the door it would vapourise instantly on coming too close to the atmosphere of Heaven.

Imagine that! :cool:

If sin tries to get close to us, we won't even see it before it dies, and anyway, our own hearts will be burning too hot for it to get near.

Glory to God!

FREEDOM!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
AMEN Sue.
There will be NO FEAR in Heaven and shame on anyone who even remotely suggests it.

In fact, in our walk with God HERE AND NOW there should be NO fear. Perfect love casts out ALL fear. He who fears bes NOT made perfect in LOVE. Not only that but God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fearmongering will have its part in the lake of fire and then never again exist to do the devil's dirty work of harrowing the saints, breaking fragile bruised reeds and quenching smoking flaxes. NEVER AGAIN will we have to put up with that garbage. We will be RIGHT THERE with Father and NO WAY will He let that filth come anywhere near us.

Amen.

Reactions: KleinerApfel
Upvote 0

JSGuitarist

Παρα σοι ιλασμος εστιν
Mar 7, 2008
✟9,364.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A few thoughts..

For one, our relationship with Christ will be like that of a marriage. In an earthly marriage, you are closer to your spouse than anyone else, and have the closest possible relationship you could ever have with a person. Would you ever want to go back to a plain friendship, the dating stage, or even the engagement stage? Likewise, I don't think we'll ever be able to view Christ from the distance we do now.

Considering that we will have totally transformed lives, a heart that is perfect and knows the mind of God, we will have a natural hate for sin, much like we do now. If we live in righteousness and by the Spirit, we hate sin. It detests us; we can't even look at it. Imagine that in a glorified state of being with no devil to tempt you back.

We will know the full love of God like we never have known it before. From here, we feel God at somewhat of a distance, though it's because He's far less tangible to us than He will be then. This is the difference between looking at the mountains and standing on the peaks for yourself.

I also think we're gonna get a front-row seat of the Final Judgment. I believe we will see God pouring out His terrible wrath upon the Earth to those who have solidified their commitment against Him. Just reading through Revelation, even the first stages of the seals are terrible, and get much worse with the trumpets, and then finally the bowls. While we will know the full love and goodness of God, we will also know His anger and hatred for sin just in His violent demonstration against it. I'm not fearmongering, but it is a dangerous thing to fall into the hands of the living God if you are not ready for it. I don't think we will fear anyways, because we'll be incapable of slipping back.

All this, and knowing the painful lives we live here on Earth, why would we ever want to go back?

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
AMEN Sue.
There will be NO FEAR in Heaven and shame on anyone who even remotely suggests it.

In fact, in our walk with God HERE AND NOW there should be NO fear. Perfect love casts out ALL fear. He who fears bes NOT made perfect in LOVE. Not only that but God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Fearmongering will have its part in the lake of fire and then never again exist to do the devil's dirty work of harrowing the saints, breaking fragile bruised reeds and quenching smoking flaxes. NEVER AGAIN will we have to put up with that garbage. We will be RIGHT THERE with Father and NO WAY will He let that filth come anywhere near us.

Amen.

Moriah~
I agree with your post, however, I was not suggesting that God uses fear to keep sin out of heaven...

My series of questions are aimed at understanding why, if the love of God keeps us from sin in heaven, then should it not do the same while on earth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because in heaven, love will have nothing contending against it to interfere with it being full on 24/7. Here in this world, prior to "Kingdom Come", we have the sin nature in the flesh, the "law of sin and death" working IN the flesh and through its members, fussing against and trying to interfere with what the Holy Spirit (and Love) seeks to do in us. And the reality of the matter bes that sometimes the flesh wins out, because that bes the reality of being born a sinner in a sinful world. This reality bes meant to prepare us for heaven -- not remove us from the guaranteed place there which Christ's life, death and resurrection make freely available to us.

WHEN we walk in the Spirit we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh -- so it stands to reason that when we do not walk in the Spirit, we most certainly WILL fulfill the lusts of the flesh (sin aims, proclivities, programming, desires, etc.), because had we been capable of not doing so in our own strength we would never have needed a Saviour in the first place. Most Christians bes fightsy the wrong battle. They think the battle bes about fighting sin. Nothing could be further from the truth -- Jesus already fought and won that battle decisively FOR us. We may CLAIM it as our own because of Him and because He won it. No, our battle bes, instead, learning to walk in the Spirit instead of in our natural (carnal) selves. Because "keeping sin out" -- and here it must reiterate this should never be our focus in the first place or else we bes already fallen from grace -- does not happen by dint of programming the brain a certain way or deciding in a hermetically sealed fantasy chamber that we will, before we actually do so. Nope. It bes a matter purely of where temptation finds us: walking in the Spirit or walking in our flesh. One way wins, the other loses, and all without us lifting a finger. Nifty huh? P.S. anyone on the wrong side thinking this to be a matter they must press out themselves, well that bes why He bes patient and invents forgiveness.

sorry to end abrupt -- MUST sleep, it suddenly crept up and smashed on its head.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My series of questions are aimed at understanding why, if the love of God keeps us from sin in heaven, then should it not do the same while on earth?

OK, since you didn't like my first try, I'll offer another.

Because here and now we don't really know the love of God.

Moriah, sleep well, sweet dreams sister. :pray:

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Because here and now we don't really know the love of God.

Thanks, Sue.

This, more than anything, is what I have been contemplating the past week or so. Do we really know the Love of God on earth? I mean, other than some dry, crass theology.

If we knew His Love without any restrictions, we would fall hopelessely "head-over-heels" in love with Him... sin would have no hold on us... as it should be.

We can renew our minds, but only to the degree that He has made Truth known to us.

Thanks to you and Moriah for hearing and communicating...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
E

enoch son

I read some of the post but quit at the last of understanding. RIVER this is a great question. I just had a vision on this very thing I saw the start of what one could call the foundation. My problem is it's a heavenly thing can we see the heavenly thing or as Jesus said "unable to see the earthly?" Frist the ver. reads that "perfect love cast out all fear." only love place perfect love is and thats not on earth as we know it. I must ask for wisdom in this matter. I know it my heart that you would study and look in to what I saw. But others here would get mad and pour out hate. Like some did to the lord over reglion. Any why it is so good to hear from you! God bless you and the hold house God has given you. Ken.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just something to ponder...

What do you think?

The pre-eminence of God's Love?

Maybe fear and retribution?

We sin now because of our sin nature. We are born again but still have the fleshly desire to sin.
James 1:14-15
"but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death."
Once we pass from mortality to immortality, from corruption to incorruption, we will no longer have the desire to sin.

1 Cor 15:53-57
"For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."
"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Since our sin is due to our own evil desires, once those desires are taken away, sin will no longer be an option.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.