Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I come across this interesting philoshopy about your love language. How do you want to be loved and how to express their love for you? Everybody have their own ways of showing their love and the way they receive love can be very different too. It depends on individual and how the love tank can be filled. Oh yes, it's not only talking about people whom are in a romantic relationship but it's also referring to those whom are still single or with children and talking about their parents, not forgetting about how to show love to everyone else too.

Alright, this is what I read about what Gary Chapman, a psychologist came up with after dealing with so many people:

Words of Affirmation
Some people just live happily when they've given a compliment, a tender word of endearment or an uplifting encouragement. In order to show that you've been loved, it's just a nice thing to have someone affirming you with the words, may it be something really simple, he/she will feel good deep inside.

Quality Time
You just enjoy having someone (the special one) around you, spending time with you, not to be interrupted with any other things.

Receiving/Giving Gifts
Receiving a very simple little gift will make you feel accepted, loved in a very special way.

Acts of Service
Just do something, a very simple thing for him/her, you'll feel great!

Physical Touch
Some people I know out there are kinda touchy but, that's how they are, they like to be touched to receive love from the other party. Not much words or gifts, but the little touch of anywhere brings out a wonderful message to you.

Some may have more than one and some may have only one. What is yours and what do you think? Or perhaps, you have more items to add on to this list?

TriptychR

Investigative Retorter
Jul 3, 2004
Western New York
✟10,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm familiar with this philosophy, and I think it can be quite effective. If you look at successful relationships, most of the couples in them fulfill each others' love language needs, probably without even knowing it!

My language is words of affirmation, by the way.

Upvote 0

Mrs. Luther073082

Commit to the LORD whatever you do - Proverbs 16:3
Jan 18, 2006
✟41,836.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have used all of those things and in past relationships, all of those things were used to express feelings for me, too. I guess the least important things for making me feel loved are gifts or acts of service and the most important is quality time. In past relationships, my primary ways of expressing myself have been through words, touch, quality time, and acts of service.

Upvote 0

TriptychR

Investigative Retorter
Jul 3, 2004
Western New York
✟10,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think mine is physical touch, which is funny, because I'm not a very huggy person, especially with those I don't know very well. In a romantic relationship, though, I think it would be different.

It's good to keep in mind that this isn't meant to apply solely to a romantic relationship, however, but also to interactions with co-workers, family and friends. I'm not saying that one of your languages can't be physical touch, but perhaps you have another one that equally matters to you in non-romantic relationships.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Summoning Ninjas
You prefer to show your affection through arcane displays of power and might. For example: chanting ancienct Japanese and summoning flames from the ground and ninjas flying through the air with swords.

Reactions: Kvikklunsj
Upvote 0

awashinlove

all encompassingly. ~Mitch Hedberg
Mar 17, 2005
Visit site
✟10,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ah, The Five Love Languages - I and my relationships have so benefitted from The Five Love Languages of Singles, Children, and the original addition in that it's in the forefront of my mind how others are responding to what I do and how I can best learn to love them and even learn to recognize love through the ways they speak it.

In the little quiz provided at the end of each book I scored pretty evenly across the board - which is quite accurate for me, especially after reading. But I primarily speak gifts and receive quality time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Matt.9:22

I've got mustard seed faith!
Dec 6, 2004
Texas
✟3,671.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I come across this interesting philoshopy about your love language. How do you want to be loved and how to express their love for you? Everybody have their own ways of showing their love and the way they receive love can be very different too. It depends on individual and how the love tank can be filled. Oh yes, it's not only talking about people whom are in a romantic relationship but it's also referring to those whom are still single or with children and talking about their parents, not forgetting about how to show love to everyone else too.

Alright, this is what I read about what Gary Chapman, a psychologist came up with after dealing with so many people:

Words of Affirmation
Some people just live happily when they've given a compliment, a tender word of endearment or an uplifting encouragement. In order to show that you've been loved, it's just a nice thing to have someone affirming you with the words, may it be something really simple, he/she will feel good deep inside.

Quality Time
You just enjoy having someone (the special one) around you, spending time with you, not to be interrupted with any other things.

Receiving/Giving Gifts
Receiving a very simple little gift will make you feel accepted, loved in a very special way.

Acts of Service
Just do something, a very simple thing for him/her, you'll feel great!

Physical Touch
Some people I know out there are kinda touchy but, that's how they are, they like to be touched to receive love from the other party. Not much words or gifts, but the little touch of anywhere brings out a wonderful message to you.

Some may have more than one and some may have only one. What is yours and what do you think? Or perhaps, you have more items to add on to this list?

1-highest 5-lowest

1) Quality time- I like spending time with people I like even if we don't talk or really do anything.

2)Words of affirmation- Hey, everybody likes to be told nice things.

3) Acts of service- I like being helped out; I like helping my friends out.

4) Receiving/ giving gifts- Meh. you can't buy love.

5)Physical touch- keep your hands to yourself pal!

And that's the way I feel.

Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think quality time and physical touch would be pretty much at the top of the list with me. I think acts of service would be on the bottom of the list, I can do it myself thank you very much. :)

I wonder if there's anyone who would admit that giving/recieving gifts would be their primary love language? LOL, I dont think anyone would ever admit it!

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I think quality time and physical touch would be pretty much at the top of the list with me. I think acts of service would be on the bottom of the list, I can do it myself thank you very much. :)

I wonder if there's anyone who would admit that giving/recieving gifts would be their primary love language? LOL, I dont think anyone would ever admit it!

I wondered that myself! I like getting gifts, but that fades in comparison to the rest of the options.

Love!

Upvote 0