Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How is it dying on Friday? I'd figure Friday would be a good time slot because more people would watch on Friday. Yes Fringe is awesome!
I agree. Unfortunately, ratings are way down and it's looking like it could be gone after this season. :(

Upvote 0

TheProject

If it lives in water, I don't eat it...
Oct 11, 2011
GA
✟25,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it dying on Friday? I'd figure Friday would be a good time slot because more people would watch on Friday. Yes Fringe is awesome!

Sorry, I missed this post initially. Fortunately, Desmalia had my back. Ratings are waaaaay down for it. Too bad they moved it from Tuesdays when it was pulling in 9 million viewers. It never stood a chance on Thursdays, then Fridays have been even worse.

I agree. Unfortunately, ratings are way down and it's looking like it could be gone after this season. :(

I've read some stories that say that Warner Brothers and Fox are working on a deal that would give the show a thirteen episode final season next year, so the writers and show runners could finish out their story. Hope that works out.

I've also read that they've filmed two season finale endings, one to work as a season finale, setting up season 5, and one to serve as a series finale, should they not be renewed.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've read some stories that say that Warner Brothers and Fox are working on a deal that would give the show a thirteen episode final season next year, so the writers and show runners could finish out their story. Hope that works out.

I've also read that they've filmed two season finale endings, one to work as a season finale, setting up season 5, and one to serve as a series finale, should they not be renewed.
Cool. I hope that's true because I really hate it when a good series gets cancelled before they can finish up the story line. Networks seem to be getting better about that these days though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It was just announced a couple of days ago that Fringe will be back for a final 13 episode season 5. Yay! I'm sad that next season will be the last, but glad they get more shows to tie everything up neatly.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't watch television programs on a regular basis, but I do like some programs on the History Channel such as Ancient Aliens. I take what these folks with a huge grain of salt. This is especially true of Giorgio Tsoukalos and his hair ^_^ Google it. I want what's he's smokin'! I also watch re-runs of Good Eats featuring Alton Brown.

One of my favorite shows of the past is Reba. I have all of the DVDs and watch them every month :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't surprised about Alcatraz being cancelled. It had some real promise, but also some major flaws. They just didn't provide enough intrigue to keep you wondering what would happen next. Jorge Garcia was great, as always. I hope we see him in another series soon. Parminder Nagra is a treat to watch. Loved her in Bend it Like Beckham. But I never really bought Sarah Jones playing the detective in Alcatraz. I think that may have been a casting blunder. (Though, as much as I love Fringe, I think the same about casting Anna Torv as the lead. I can think of a number of others who would have been better in that role... nothing against either actress. I'm sure they'd be great in other roles, just not those ones.)

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I never actually listed my favourite show here, and that's probably because I like several at the moment. We're a still catching up on the Castle series, but I'd have to say it's currently my favourite and my husband's too. A close second is The Middle - by far, the best comedy that's come out in years.

Upvote 0

LadyNRA

Feb 21, 2006
✟8,360.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't surprised about Alcatraz being cancelled. It had some real promise, but also some major flaws. They just didn't provide enough intrigue to keep you wondering what would happen next. Jorge Garcia was great, as always. I hope we see him in another series soon. Parminder Nagra is a treat to watch. Loved her in Bend it Like Beckham. But I never really bought Sarah Jones playing the detective in Alcatraz. I think that may have been a casting blunder. (Though, as much as I love Fringe, I think the same about casting Anna Torv as the lead. I can think of a number of others who would have been better in that role... nothing against either actress. I'm sure they'd be great in other roles, just not those ones.)

You're right. I wanted to see Jorge Garcia's character expanded a bit more, get more backstory, see him more involved and yes, the major problem I had with it was that they were TOO focused on the bad guy of the week and not enough story about why they were being brought back. It was like a serial killer of the week show with a few tiny fantasy hints thrown in and that did sometimes make it boring.

I think that since the folks who made Fringe also made Alcatraz they were borrowing the female leads from some basic concept. I mean, one thing I noticed is that physically and personality both female leads were sort of alike, they even spoke alike in that they were soft spoken and thoughtful while still being capable and strong women.

Upvote 0

desmalia

Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,712.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You're right. I wanted to see Jorge Garcia's character expanded a bit more, get more backstory, see him more involved and yes, the major problem I had with it was that they were TOO focused on the bad guy of the week and not enough story about why they were being brought back. It was like a serial killer of the week show with a few tiny fantasy hints thrown in and that did sometimes make it boring.

I think that since the folks who made Fringe also made Alcatraz they were borrowing the female leads from some basic concept. I mean, one thing I noticed is that physically and personality both female leads were sort of alike, they even spoke alike in that they were soft spoken and thoughtful while still being capable and strong women.

Yes, good points. I have always gotten the feeling that they're still trying to duplicate the success of the Sidney Bristow character in Alias, which was really well written and acted. The leading female characters in Alcatraz and Fringe just didn't pull that off as well and I can only imagine how difficult it would be to do again. A lot of things just came together really well on Alias.

Upvote 0