Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So if every time a Christian is tempted to sin and every time that Christian stands upon God's sure promise found in 1 Cor 10:14, that Christian will never sin. This is true.

LST 1154

I don't really see how 1 Cor 10:14 fits...but sure. I guess I am seeing your point and humbly agree that we are free from sin in spirit, and in body for we may choose not to commit sexual immorality (for the Bible says that it is the only sin that is of the body). I might need to practice what I preach and stop worrying so much about my thoughts and focus more on my actuated conclusions more :)

That leads me to ask though is the one Paul refers to when speaking about the one who had sex with his "father's wife" in the Corinthian Church actually a non-Christian or a struggling one. Paul first tells the church to expel them (1 Cor 5:6-8) but then in 2 Cor 2:5-11 he instructs them to forgive the sinner and love "him."

This all puts repentance, forgiveness, and brotherly love into perspective for me. Are we not to do that with homosexuals as well, or even ourselves for that matter?

Now Jerry, Man's Law and God's Law are two totally different things. Even so the constitution DOES NOT permit homosexual marriage. So they DONT have the same right, now do they?

You realize that allowing gay marriage would be to allow sin into our humanistic laws even more so than it already is. What is marriage to you? A bond between two people who love each other in the sight of God? Or a legally binding contract?

What is the purpose for two homosexuals to be married any way? Does it really not boil down to legalities more so than anything else? To share insurance, incomes, land ownership, parental rights for adopted children, etc etc?

This does not surprise me, because things are going to continually get worse and worse until I guess God has had his fill...:prayer:

Upvote 0
L

LST 1154

I don't really see how 1 Cor 10:14 fits...but sure. I guess I am seeing your point and humbly agree that we are free from sin in spirit, and in body for we may choose not to commit sexual immorality (for the Bible says that it is the only sin that is of the body). I might need to practice what I preach and stop worrying so much about my thoughts and focus more on my actuated conclusions more :)

:prayer:

OOPS! It is 1 Cor 10:13 (blasted fingers!:) Gotta get better at proof reading.) "There is no temptation that has overtaken you but such is common to man; and God is faithful who will not allow us to be tempted "beyond what you are able [to stand] but with the temptation will provide a way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

Wow what a promise! This says that the temptation that enters my mind is the same kind of temptation that enters every other Christian's mind. I'm no different, but God is faithful! It has nothing to do with our faithfulness, with us resisting, gritting our teeth, stomping our feet, getting mad or anything of the sort, it means God will show us the way to escape.

In all my born again only days I'm sad to say this passage might as well have not been in my bible as it simply did not work for me and I could never figure out why, but now, after my brush with the Holy Spirit not only does it work, it works amazing easy! Not only does God provide the way of escape, it almost seems that He takes me by the hand, leads me to the path, whispers in my ear this is the path, points at it, makes sure my feet are on it, then He gives me a pat on the back and I think He laughs as He whirls around and with a mighty blast of His breath he literally blows away the devil! All I did was stand by in awe and remain sin free! This has happened every day for the past 19 months, and I have yet to yield to temptation. Why should I? Resisting temptation is as easy as falling off a rolling log in a flowing river when you tust in God's word and have the Holy Spirit within.

LST 1154

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
Heads up... the ecumenical ranch of the Luthern church has official accepted active gays on the their pulpits and holding pastorial positions within the church.

Lutheran gay clergy vote tests mainline churches - Yahoo! News

This breach has been making inroads into different branches of faith, and one more breach has been made. It will not be long when the remaining christian branches will feel the pressure to submit to this prevailing attitude.

Upvote 0

JerryL

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2008
Kentucky
✟47,349.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now Jerry, Man's Law and God's Law are two totally different things. Even so the constitution DOES NOT permit homosexual marriage. So they DONT have the same right, now do they?

You realize that allowing gay marriage would be to allow sin into our humanistic laws even more so than it already is. What is marriage to you? A bond between two people who love each other in the sight of God? Or a legally binding contract?
In a democratic society, should an unbeliever be made to honor God's law? We aren't a Christian nation with Christian law, should a non-Christian be made to uphold our values, in a democratic society? The nation you describe sounds like an Islam run nation. In my world, I'm going to let God judge the homosexuals, not me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TimRout

Biblicist
Feb 27, 2008
Ontario
✟13,717.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In a democratic society, should an unbeliever be made to honor God's law? We aren't a Christian nation with Christian law, should a non-Christian be made to uphold our values, in a democratic society? The nation you describe sounds like an Islam run nation. In my world, I'm going to let God judge the homosexuals, not me.
Hold on friend. Do you really mean this? You don't think we have the right to impose our sense of legal justice on people who disagree with us? Surely not! If a mid-eastern man gets angry with his wife and decides to throw acid in her face while living within our boarders, we will arrest and prosecute him for his crime. If he says, "You can't impose your western values on me!" we'll say "Wanna bet?", and laugh our heads off as the cell door slams shut.

Similarly, while our countries are not "Christian" per se, our national values didn't arrive in an ethical vacuum pack. American legislative values came from somewhere, and that somewhere is the Judeo-Christian ethic found in Scripture. What makes the godless, liberal, permissive, relativistic, humanistic laws you are so quick to defend, superior to the clear and holy standards of the Bible?

While one cannot force people to profess Christ at gunpoint, one can CERTAINLY enforce godly laws at gunpoint.

"But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for (the governing authority) does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil." [Ro. 13:4b/NASB]

Last edited:
Reactions: DD2008
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
^^^I saw that on the news last night. Apparently they cannot be practicing homosexuals though.
That is not what this link I have already posted is saying....

By voting Friday to allow gays and lesbians in committed relationships to serve as clergy, the 4.7-million member Evangelical Lutheran Church in America will either show how a church can stand together amid differences, or become another casualty of division over sexual morality and the Bible, observers say.

"We're going to be living in tension and ambiguity for a longer time, partly because the culture has shifted," said David Steinmetz, a Duke Divinity School professor of Christian history.

The question is whether the mainline church will shift alongside, or if it will decide that the more welcoming attitude toward homosexuality is wrong, he said.

The ELCA — the nation's seventh largest Christian church — reached its conclusion after eight years of study and deliberation. That culminated Friday when the church's national assembly in Minneapolis struck down a policy that required any gay and lesbian clergy to remain celibate.

The assembly also signed off on finding ways for willing congregations to "recognize, support and hold publicly accountable lifelong, monogamous, same gender relationships." The church fell short of calling that gay marriage, but conservatives see that as the next step.

While congregations will not be forced to hire gay clergy, conservative ELCA members decried the decisions as straying from clear Scriptural direction and warned that defections are likely.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

no, I don't think you see what I'm saying...I'm saying US Federally mandated law does NOT allow homosexuals to have a license to marry...period.

And if you don't think we are a Christian-nation...take a look at our money, our national anthem and our religious demographics here Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

we are 76% Christian nation...therefore a Christian nation by majority...but I am not saying that homosexuals have to even believe in God, or follow God's Law...I'm just saying they should for their own salvation and the salvation of others.

And if you don't think we are being fair in our criticisms towards homosexual actions you might wanna read 1 Cor 5 and see what Paul says about the sexually immorality among those within the church...and since marriage is a spiritual act first, before legal, therefore it involves the church and God before it involves our society's legal system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0