What is the purpose, the meaning of life?

reina23

Dec 9, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟8,048.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I believe it is to live and pass your genes along.

Observe the animal kingdom. What do they spend most of their time doing? Seeking food, and trying to survive. What is the male's most important job? (in most cases) To mate with as many females as possible (ex: Lions). Thats all most animals do: eat, sleep, mate, raise their young.

I believe it is no different for humans, except to do more living, and help others.
And in my life, I strive to be me, think for myself, and to do something.. have a purpose on this planet.. to not be forgotten when I die.

Reactions: Illuminatus

Toboe

Jun 18, 2005
Danville Virginia
✟16,097.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
reina23 said:

Observe the animal kingdom. What do they spend most of their time doing? Seeking food, and trying to survive. What is the male's most important job? (in most cases) To mate with as many females as possible (ex: Lions). Thats all most animals do: eat, sleep, mate, raise their young.

I believe it is no different for humans, except to do more living, and help others.
And in my life, I strive to be me, think for myself, and to do something.. have a purpose on this planet.. to not be forgotten when I die.

Damn you hit it right on the nail.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spinrad

Apr 19, 2005
✟20,370.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
reina23 said:

What is the meaning of gravity?

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
I couldn't tell you the meaning to life itself as I don't know, or perhaps it doesn't even exist. I could tell you the meaning to my life however, and it's close to what you were saying. You say the purpose of your life is to live out your evolutionary instincts (to procreate, raise young, etc.), but I'd like to go a bit farther. I'd like to do something, start, something, or at least be a part of something, that would help us advance, physically, mentally, etc. to a point where we evolve beyond being just human entirely. I doubt I'd ever actually see this come to fruition of course, but like I said, if I can start or be a part of something that will get this started that would be enough for me.

Upvote 0

reina23

Dec 9, 2005
Florida
Visit site
✟8,048.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You say the purpose of your life is to live out your evolutionary instincts (to procreate, raise young, etc.), but I'd like to go a bit farther. I'd like to do something, start, something, or at least be a part of something, that would help us advance, physically, mentally, etc. to a point where we evolve beyond being just human entirely. I doubt I'd ever actually see this come to fruition of course, but like I said, if I can start or be a part of something that will get this started that would be enough for me.

Yes, as do I. Like I said in another message on this topic; and to do something.. have a purpose on this planet.. to not be forgotten when I die.

Upvote 0

psychedelicist

aka the Akhashic Record Player
Aug 9, 2004
McKinney, Texas
✟18,251.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
reina23 said:
Yes, as do I. Like I said in another message on this topic; and to do something.. have a purpose on this planet.. to not be forgotten when I die.

Oh I guess I didn't read those earlier posts well enough.

This post kind of reminds me of this writing my friend submitted to erowid not too long ago. Not the doing mushrooms part but the general theme of the experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
reina23 said:

All you are doing is explaining how lions do act, not how they should act. In other words, this is descriptive and not prescriptive.

What does a description of how animals do act mean for how human beings should act?

Upvote 0