What is the gift of 'leadership' mentioned in Rom.12:6-8?

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When I was a substitute teacher I had the chance to observe all sorts of behavior among the kids, and sometimes I would see their developing personalities along with the motivational gifting displayed. (no, you don't have to be saved to display a motivational gifting - it comes with being a human) There are always kids who want to "help" by writing things on the board, handing out papers, calling roll, taking things to the office, etc., and it would seem that these kids have the gift of service, but that is not the case (usually). They also want to tell me how to discipline the class! What is really manifesting is a gift of leadership. Young leaders-in-the-making often do what we might expect service-gifted people to do, but they are doing it because they know instinctively that they must "bear the yoke" and also to make connections with those whom they observe to be in some form of leadership. The Lord also revealed to me that this is the gifting that is most suitable for public school teachers in the current system. People who just want to teach will not make it. The grace for leadership is diligence. There is a persistence in the heart of a leader that is not necessarily in the heart of a teacher-motivated person. But this is the area which will be attacked by the enemy. Discouragement will come in, and disappointment, and the leadership-gifted person will want to throw in the towel, but in doing so he or she will forfeit the avenue of grace-to-bless.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When I was a substitute teacher I had the chance to observe all sorts of behavior among the kids, and sometimes I would see their developing personalities along with the motivational gifting displayed. (no, you don't have to be saved to display a motivational gifting - it comes with being a human) There are always kids who want to "help" by writing things on the board, handing out papers, calling roll, taking things to the office, etc., and it would seem that these kids have the gift of service, but that is not the case (usually). They also want to tell me how to discipline the class! What is really manifesting is a gift of leadership. Young leaders-in-the-making often do what we might expect service-gifted people to do, but they are doing it because they know instinctively that they must "bear the yoke" and also to make connections with those whom they observe to be in some form of leadership. The Lord also revealed to me that this is the gifting that is most suitable for public school teachers in the current system. People who just want to teach will not make it. The grace for leadership is diligence. There is a persistence in the heart of a leader that is not necessarily in the heart of a teacher-motivated person. But this is the area which will be attacked by the enemy. Discouragement will come in, and disappointment, and the leadership-gifted person will want to throw in the towel, but in doing so he or she will forfeit the avenue of grace-to-bless.
Inspiring thought on 'leadership. Thankyou!

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What is the gift of leadership,'mentioned in Rom.,12:6-8?
The gift of leadership in my opinion could be anyone who is naturally inclined to provide guidance and leadership within any field of Christian ministry or service. This could be as an Elder, deacon, home group leader, Sunday school or youth leader or someone who is able to lead and encourage a team of door knockers.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The gift of leadership in my opinion could be anyone who is naturally inclined to provide guidance and leadership within any field of Christian ministry or service. This could be as an Elder, deacon, home group leader, Sunday school or youth leader or someone who is able to lead and encourage a team of door knockers.
I agree. Leadership is more than just standing on a platform.

Upvote 0